Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 08:33   Link #321
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Not saying they can't, but a bardiche isn't exactly a convenient weapon to lug around. Nor were bardiches or other medieval European weapons issued to any troops in WW2 for actual use as far as I know... Japan on the other hand did issue their troops with swords. Most other armies issued utility knives, shovels, or bayonets afaik (Beurling has a khukuri, Perrine supposedly has a rapier, Charlotte has a knife, but other than that, no melee weapons on non-Fuso witches that I can recall).
The French issued rappiers to their soldiers? Huh, didn't know that one.

And I'm well aware of the dificullities of wielding a Bardiche, but I figured that with enhanced strength and a little bit of creative thinking, it'd be esy to get away with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
K going custom paint, but that unit is... Japanese is it?

Na not using Bardiche. But still, from that picture... Battle axe? Is there such a thing?
Plenty. Though anything longer then 1,5 meter is often argued to be a polearm by nitpickers, but its the same thing really.

Unfortunately the design of Fate's weapon really is a Bardiche. Though if you shorten the handle, it could become a one-handed battle axe. Mind you, axes are a lot less about finesse and a lot more about beating the crap out of your opponent.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 08:36   Link #322
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Not saying they can't, but a bardiche isn't exactly a convenient weapon to lug around. Nor were bardiches or other medieval European weapons issued to any troops in WW2 for actual use as far as I know... Japan on the other hand did issue their troops with swords. Most other armies issued utility knives, shovels, or bayonets afaik (Beurling has a khukuri, Perrine supposedly has a rapier, Charlotte has a knife, but other than that, no melee weapons on non-Fuso witches that I can recall).
Pssh “In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed.”

And if his government won't issue him one... well he just needs to aquire one himself! The bow and arrows and bag pipes are optional.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 08:41   Link #323
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The French issued rappiers to their soldiers? Huh, didn't know that one.

And I'm well aware of the dificullities of wielding a Bardiche, but I figured that with enhanced strength and a little bit of creative thinking, it'd be esy to get away with.
Oh no, she (supposedly) brought her family's ancestral rapier. It's her personal weapon... though it's never been seen anywhere.
Old 2008-10-26, 08:52   Link #324
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Pssh “In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed.”

And if his government won't issue him one... well he just needs to aquire one himself! The bow and arrows and bag pipes are optional.
I like the way this guy thinks.

Quote:
Oh no, she (supposedly) brought her family's ancestral rapier. It's her personal weapon... though it's never been seen anywhere.
A shame, it would have made for a nice deviation from the whole 'only Fuso carry swords' bit. No to mention show something different then the 'rawr, western sword smash' mentality fiction seems to have.

Though since anchestral weapons are canon, any of our characters just got a free pass to carying melee weaponry.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:03   Link #325
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
On another note the US Navy and Marines did (and still does) issue officer and NCO swords although at least the modern ones are not IIRC sharpened for fighting. I'm not sure what the status of the older blades of the World War II era would be in that regard. The sword was never really meant for fighting by that time in any case though and officers certainly didn't get any official training in sword fighting.

The use or at least issue of swords was also it seems to have been suspend officially during WWII, but I can't find many details. Not wasting steel on new blades would certainly make sense, but I haven't been able to see if older officers kept there blades or were permitted to continue carrying them and new one were just not issued, or if the practice of carrying them was totally banned.

Edit:
I dug around and found the actual order which was issued in October 1942, and applied to the Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines. It suggested, but did not demand swords be turned over for scrapping as well as declaring the blade was no longer a required part of the uniform.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-10-26 at 09:15.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:08   Link #326
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

~~~~

Plenty. Though anything longer then 1,5 meter is often argued to be a polearm by nitpickers, but its the same thing really.

Unfortunately the design of Fate's weapon really is a Bardiche. Though if you shorten the handle, it could become a one-handed battle axe. Mind you, axes are a lot less about finesse and a lot more about beating the crap out of your opponent.
Fran has it easy then. Unlike Kirby, her ranged arm is a Thompson SMG. Relative to a witch, that would be like carrying a pistol. Her free hand can carry the bardiche then.

Besides, since she's always zipping around at top speed, slamming that weapon anywhere on a Neuroi is gonna hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Wow. Someone actually subscribes to my kind of combat?

Quote:
A shame, it would have made for a nice deviation from the whole 'only Fuso carry swords' bit. No to mention show something different then the 'rawr, western sword smash' mentality fiction seems to have.
Funny you'd mention that; Anita mentioned that arming Antoinette with a rapier was so that she could show those Fuso witches that her national blade is not only for sport.

Quote:
Though since anchestral weapons are canon, any of our characters just got a free pass to carying melee weaponry.
Kirby is trained at Fuso swordcraft since his mother's of samurai descent and coincidentally is Mio's oldest sister. As mentioned in his profile, Kia Neel had that naginata magically-forged for her son in time for his commissioning.

Antoinette is the typical over-performer who knows pretty much a lot of somethings and a bit of everything else, and so the only thing sharper than her tongue is her rapier. She expresses much contempt at the widely-held notion that Westerners are only good at guns and not swords.

Racchy has basic CQC proficiency from boot camp, and carries a K-bar just in case a Neuroi escapes her devastating rockets. But don't think she's weak there; having been on hunting trips with her pops, her knife and .455 Webley serve up sliced Neuroi as much as filleted fish or boar flanks.

Fran packs an ancestral bardiche inherited from her father Zone and despite her tiny size prefers CC first and foremost, as she was taught. Her singing is meant to be her ranged attack, but after some convincing, carries a bayonet-mounted Thompson SMG as an afterthought. However, her shooting isn't that up to scratch.

Lt. Hanamori Momoko usually uses her two bazookas as giant clubs if anything does get that close, but like most Fuso witches has a tanto sheathed by her side. It's for "death before dishonor" traditions, but the girl has received training in using it as an offensive weapon.

You don't want to be at the business ends of Colonel Mai Kobayashi's knuckle dusters. Used together with her magical ability Oscillation Breaker, her fists devastate armor more when its tougher. Dual-wields 2 .455 Webleys, but its for taking lucky shots; this Fuso-descent amazon prefers to scream into a Neuroi and shatters its core in one punch.

Adrielle, like her older sister Antoinette, also carries a rapier on top of her FM1929/37. While not as good a shot or a swordswoman as her sister, she is reasonably competent and able to score kills with her blade. She just needs to try living outside of her sister's shadow for once.

Maj. Horo Seaver Carswell may be quiet and solemn, but she favors really big weapons. She carries a M21 70mm recoilless rifle and a bastard sword that, due to her rather chivalrous behavior, knightly air, and clunky B24 Liberator Striker Unit "warhorse", was dubbed by her wingmates as "Caliburn".

And anyone who says Maj. Keith F. Neel doesn't have a CC weapon hasn't been punched by his Warlock or eviscerated by its chainsaw.

Yeah pretty much every member of Project-X has a CC weapon. And it's something they rely on quite a bit since ammo is limited but blades never dull. I'm glad has given the green light for these personal sidearms.

EDIT:

For when Fran grows up:

Last edited by Kha; 2008-10-26 at 20:02.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 08:10   Link #327
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

*pulls thread from page 2*

My last Karlsländer

Spoiler for Another Karlsländer Strike Witch:
Old 2008-11-01, 09:12   Link #328
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Something sorta lol that I just realised; while almost everyone's witches are skirtless...

The Star of Africa wears a miniskirt.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 21:03   Link #329
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Something sorta lol that I just realised; while almost everyone's witches are skirtless...

And therefore?

God bless all women who at least try to be decent on paper.

Luckily, I don't remember stating whether my Witches waltz around with pantsucon fare or not, so I still have the option of picking (alright, since a greatcoat covers practically everything it's not like there's another option is there?)

XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 23:34   Link #330
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually with Marseille she has the legs that go with a miniskirt. Sure the miniskirt covers those long legs up, but long legs are supposed to go with a miniskirt! It's like gin and vermouth! (Which, incidentally, Marseille prefers in a 15:1 ratio, a cocktail commonly called a "Monty", after Montgomery's refusal to commit to combat without 15 to 1 odds.) Long legs and a miniskirt! It is a holy union! Like .45ACP and 1911! Like .50BMG and M2! Like bacon and eggs! Cheese and sausages! Bond & vodka martini!

... okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

As for the greatcoat, one of the witches in the Soumous volunteers in the manga is a Navy witch, wearing your standard navy greatcoat (Tomoko-chan's student with the 20mm who was snapped out her brainwashing by HAWT NAKED TOMOKO), and Soumnus witches have that light blue flight jacket which provides miniskirt length protection. And of course there's Sanya-chan~

...garh i totally need to work on finishing Davis, MacGregor and Price.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-11-02, 00:25   Link #331
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for Awakening:
Old 2008-11-03, 23:48   Link #332
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:

I still think that entire novel is totally ripping off Ace Combat Zero; Cipher had a cooler nickname though “Demon Lord of The Round Table” beats “Star of Africa”.

But yeah the written stuff in general seems to play down the “no pants thing” with allot of the uniforms sporting at least slightly defensible skirts. This is probably because it would be hard to talk about the pantlessness in text without it looking really sleazily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
And therefore?

God bless all women who at least try to be decent on paper.

Luckily, I don't remember stating whether my Witches waltz around with pantsucon fare or not, so I still have the option of picking (alright, since a greatcoat covers practically everything it's not like there's another option is there?)

Well most of my girls probably are pantless or in extremely short skirts, but in this case it’s because modesty has rather taken a back seat to trying to be comfortable in a scorching desert hellhole. So it’s more or less the same deal as a bunch of guys hanging out in boxer shorts because it’s really hot. (as in Temperature you dirty minded scumbags)

Quote:
Actually with Marseille she has the legs that go with a miniskirt. Sure the miniskirt covers those long legs up, but long legs are supposed to go with a miniskirt! It's like gin and vermouth! (Which, incidentally, Marseille prefers in a 15:1 ratio, a cocktail commonly called a "Monty", after Montgomery's refusal to commit to combat without 15 to 1 odds.) Long legs and a miniskirt! It is a holy union! Like .45ACP and 1911! Like .50BMG and M2! Like bacon and eggs! Cheese and sausages! Bond & vodka martini!

... okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
I prefer spam and eggs, like my .50BMG out of a sniper rifle (though 25mm is better still...), and really short skirts have never done much of anything for me long legs or not.

Quote:
As for the greatcoat, one of the witches in the Soumous volunteers in the manga is a Navy witch, wearing your standard navy greatcoat (Tomoko-chan's student with the 20mm who was snapped out her brainwashing by HAWT NAKED TOMOKO), and Soumnus witches have that light blue flight jacket which provides miniskirt length protection. And of course there's Sanya-chan~
Acutally the pictures I've seen of Haruka seem to have her just as pantless as the other Fuso witches...

Quote:
...garh i totally need to work on finishing Davis, MacGregor and Price.
You have allot of stuff you need to finish.

And now I have nothing useful to add at the moment way too busy.

Old 2008-11-09, 05:17   Link #333
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Wow...what the heck happened here?

Did the interest in this thread just die or something? O.o
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 05:26   Link #334
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Nanoha OC insurgency. Gimme a second to fix it.
Old 2008-11-10, 04:25   Link #335
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What Kha said, I'm working on a few Nanoha related things as well. Plus, I have a new job, which is rather demanding.
Old 2008-11-12, 08:32   Link #336
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
What Kha said, I'm working on a few Nanoha related things as well. Plus, I have a new job, which is rather demanding.
End of the semester coming up for me got projects for school coming up on their due dates left and right, and I've been looking for jobs as well not much time for anything myself.

Old 2008-11-13, 00:03   Link #337
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Wrath of the Lich King is out! Even less time for this place!!!

Though its a sad thing SWOC ran through the whole of OC's progression in a few months...
Old 2008-11-13, 08:15   Link #338
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I got promoted yay. No more time for SWOC and Cadia, yay.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-09-27, 14:30   Link #339
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

Some projects from my story

In short.
There is a second war between humans and Neuroi in year 1966 however its much harder now. The enemy is more powerfull so even current jet fighters of united countries are not able to defeat Neuroi.
In year 1984 Liberion and Fuso develops a classified as "top secret" Projest Raven Shield.
This projest is about sending two best figher crews into year 1944 - only 2 because there exists only 2 prototype time accelerators.
Their mission is to give scientist of United Countries plans of modern warfare in the 80's. Missiles, heavy bombers, jet engines etc.
Why? Because this will break the time continuum and it will cause a massive technologic boom in the 80's.
The second objective was to get every kind of information about Striker units and Neuroi.

Characters:
Izack - codename Ingram
Range: Captain
First pilot of Liberion F-14 fighter
He has got younger sister Lucy - codename Nephilim who is also a pilot of Liberion Navy however she wasn't flying often as a pilot after tragedy of her squadron. Right now she is Izack's second pilot.
They are orphans. Their mother died a year after Lucy was born, nobody knows nothing about their father. To believe rumours, he died before Icack was born.

They are the main characters

Yukio Tokura and Kaito Hasegawa
Second team. Their machine is the F-15D Strike Eagle from FUSO AIR FORCE.
They dies in year 1944 in surprice Neuroi attack on the WITCHES base.

In short again:
In the 1944 Izack and Lucy discovers a strange relationship between them and commander Minna Wilcke.
After the surprice Neuroi attack when Minna almost dies they can feel like they dissapear for a moment. They discovers that she can propably be their mother (in the archives of Liberion Navy, Izack read that one of WITCHES died in year 1969 when her plane was destroyed by Neuroi scout unit when she was going to WITCHES base) so they promised themselves thay they have to protect Minna however they can't stay in the past because they could destroy the time contunuum so they left Minna z letter with "Please don't open it untill year 1969" where they wrote that she musn't board the plane in the future (Something like from a Back to the Future movie :P ).

I think that I will keep more informations in secret because the main story is already finished but I am creating also 2 smaller stories. Something like OVA's

In this 2 pictures you can see Liberion Fighters after the technologic explosion after Project Raven Shield success.
The third one is Liberion's heavy bomber build in the end of year 1944. It was a first machine constructed with the plans that pilots from the future brought to the past.

If you want to know more about Raven Shield just write me a PM

By the way:
Sorry for my english
Ruhisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 00:58   Link #340
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As I suspected before, there are more than 1 faction of Neuroi and now events have shifted to cast the Allies as the main metaphor for Neuroi activity. By logical extension, with some accelerated campaigns, Strike Witches: Enterprise and the whole South-East Asian theatre of war should've occured, and will reach a similar, nuclear-powered end.

So it's been 6 months since the Big E and her intrepid complement of man, machine and witch conquered the Battle of the Phillipine Sea. The ATX department has practically taken over a good part of Pearl Harbour to work on the CV-6 Yorktown-class under dense cloaks of secrecy. Not even the ATX Team of witches led by Kirby is savvy. Nor do they care. After almost 3 years of running battles across the Pacific, all they can think of is spending all that shore leave. Fran has been reunited with mother and sister. Rachel is volunteering at the Los Angeles Witch Academy. Kirby went back to leisure-flying while Antoinette started work on her next bestseller based on her adventures aboard the most decorated Liberion ship since the USS Constituition. And with the war over Gallia over, both are looking forward to their marriage in the peace of summer, 1945.

But Fate has other plans. Spring 1945, the suspicions of the ATX team are confirmed. A 2nd faction of Neuroi appeared and devastated Romagnia overnight. The ATX Team is summoned inexplicably to the Nevada Desert as gears of war turn once more. They will be given new equipment and granted new allies from the too-young to the totally-unexpected, then marched to the frontlines without room to breathe.

Will Mankind's darkest hour be his finest? Or will his oldest scourge assure only his ultimate extinction?

The 2nd season of Strike Witches: Enterprise has gone into preproduction. The players may change, the ideas may differ, the weapons may evolve.

But war, war never changes.

(Since no one gives a damn about this place no more, I decided to requisition it for my purposes. Join in if you like, but as with other underground areas of khrack, what happens here, stays here.)

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2010-07-22 at 02:36.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote