AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 21:58   Link #781
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

After watching episode 14, I think it's safe to say that I'm glad that I'm watching Kai because this is one of the most classic fights before all the spiky golden hair Don't get me wrong, I love Super Saiyan but nothing beats this battle between the strongest fighters at the moment.

I can't wait until we reach Namek, then it's going to get even better

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:16   Link #782
Goblinator

I thought Nappa was an elite super saiyan, so why the hell was he that weak? He has quite the muscles as well, so 4000 bp seems pretty weak to me...

I mean, Bardock was at 8000 normal form, and 10000 when he was angry right and he's supposed to be a lower level saiyan.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:20   Link #783
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I can't wait until we reach Namek, then it's going to get even better
The Namek saga is just pure shounen goodness, and I can't wait to see what it's like without the pointless filler. Too bad it starts to go downhill a bit after that

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:32   Link #784
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... the Raditz fight? Since after that, Goku just uses Kaio Ken all over the place.
using Kaio Ken is still ok..his hair is still black...then we will see everyone has french fries on his head...it looks cool, don't get me wrong...but after a while, I miss the day where the main hero still fights with his black hair

Gohan doesn't count tho..he
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 01:51   Link #785
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah at a certain point it just got ridiculous.

Anyways 14 was a good one. They realy are moving it along nicely. Vegeta is pretty durable since he was able to ride the Kamehameha all the way into the sky. Some would just get vaporized by that kind of blast .
I always thought that detail was kinda lame. I mean every single time someone is hit by an energy blast, the blast just goes through them, damaging them immensely in the process, but Vegeta is just... pushed by the blast, and, as you said, rides it, and once he gets off it he is completely unscathed?

So yeah, I love this battle, but that was just stupid.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 10:43   Link #786
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I always thought that detail was kinda lame. I mean every single time someone is hit by an energy blast, the blast just goes through them, damaging them immensely in the process, but Vegeta is just... pushed by the blast, and, as you said, rides it, and once he gets off it he is completely unscathed?

That is not entirely true.

Spoiler for Similar Case:

And Vegeta was not completely unscathed after getting off the Kamehameha. He certainly was in quite a lot of pain, and you can tell just by looking at his face as he was being carried up into the sky.
Old 2009-07-07, 12:10   Link #787
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And Vegeta was not completely unscathed after getting off the Kamehameha. He certainly was in quite a lot of pain, and you can tell just by looking at his face as he was being carried up into the sky.
You know I've always been curious, but is it possible to detonate a blast like that? I mean did Goku have the ability to detonate that blast? (although I don't think he had anything left to detonate it) Because Goku was pretty sure that Vegeta was still alive and I was wondering how he knew.

Edit: Thinking about it now, I guess he knew Vegeta was alive because he could still sense his power level.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 13:41   Link #788
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That is not entirely true.

Spoiler for Similar Case:

But his body looked just fine, no visible damage at all, which was a bit disappointing after how epic the energy blasts clash was.

And the destructive power of blasts seems kinda random then. You'd think Goku's Kaiou-ken x3 Kamehame would have at least some detonation and piercing capabilities.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:08   Link #789
Steel Guardian

Quote:
But his body looked just fine, no visible damage at all, which was a bit disappointing after how epic the energy blasts clash was.

And the destructive power of blasts seems kinda random then. You'd think Goku's Kaiou-ken x3 Kamehame would have at least some detonation and piercing capabilities.
You have to remember that Vegeta had his Saiyan plot armor on, so that could've made all the difference.
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 23:33   Link #790
Vicious108

Yes, there's always that.

Also, just watched episode 14, and damn that was intense. Though I do think they could've prolonged the Kamehame vs Galick Gun clash a bit. But other than that, another great episode. Great to see this fight without being constantly interrupted by whatever Bulma and Roshi are doing at the time.
Old 2009-07-07, 23:50   Link #791
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

God damn it this is Dragon Ball! We do not care about those minor details, all we need to see are those epic battles with so much testosterone to blow one's balls off (wait wth did I wrote there?).
Old 2009-07-08, 00:35   Link #792
Vicious108

Or at least to make said balls inert.

But yes, you're right, it's just a little nitpicking. It didn't really detract from my overall enjoyment of the kickass fight.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:26   Link #793
Alchemist007
*Author

Gallic houuuuuuuuuu
Old 2009-07-08, 15:11   Link #794
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

Did not Gokus' attack(s) always push/pierce the enemy in previous series?
Old 2009-07-08, 20:06   Link #795
strategos

Wow, the speed really amaze me. They even edited stuff from the manga, the fun jokes and such. They edited the part were Yayerobi (sorry if I spelled it wrong), explained about the whole incident. They edited the part were Chichi goes into the house of Roshi and the part were Baba tells Roshi that Gokus has arrive to the planet. Still, can't wait for more episodes.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 21:08   Link #796
strategos

Does anyone knows where can you see the real music video of: Dragon Soul [Tanimoto Takayoshi] and Year! Break! Care! Break! [Tanimoto Takayoshi & Oshitani Saki]. Are there any youtube links?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 22:57   Link #797
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Some of his armor did get destroyed, but that was about it when it came to actual visible damage. If anything the blast just really stung him when it was pushing him up into the sky.

Quote:
Actually, it was a Kaioken x4 Kamehameha that managed to overpower Vegeta's Galick Gun. But I guess this just helps your case even more .

Bah, I'm not going to look too much into it .
Old 2009-07-09, 08:16   Link #798
justavisitor

Quote:

How about this?? Try to think of an energy ball as a truck (I will explain shortly). So if you run a high-speed truck to hit a person, that poor guy has a chance to get rolled over...but if you run a high speed truck to hit another truck, or let's say, an airplane..then that another truck or the airplane probably will get pushed over...

Since Vegeta is as powerful as the energy ball, he will get pushed over

I know my example is weird, but I will be glad if my example actually helps
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:13   Link #799
saravis

Blasts like this don't penetrate, those kind of blasts are smaller and more concentrated. With this kind, the blast can engulf the enemy if their body isn't powerful enough to "hold the blast". Vegeta was powerful enough to "hold the blast" and so that was why it didn't engulf him. The same thing happens with Frieza when he's hit with the Genki-dama.
Old 2009-07-11, 00:46   Link #800
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Question:

Spoiler for Future Trunks timeline:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote