AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 11:08   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kemono no Souja Erin ~ Beast Player ~

* Alternative title : The Beast Player Erin 獣の奏者エリン (Japanese)

* Genres : Fantasy

* Running Time : 25 minutes

* Number of Episodes : 50

* Air Date : 2009-01-10

* Opening Theme : "Shizuku (雫)" by Sukima Switch

* Ending Theme : "After the rain" by cossami

Quote:
The Japanese publisher Kodansha and the public broadcaster NHK have announced on Wednesday that The Beast Player (Kemono no Sōja), a fantasy novel epic by Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit author Nahoko Uehashi, will be animated for television. Kemono no Sōja Erin (The Beast Player Erin) will center around a girl who can control the greatest of beasts as if she was playing a musical instrument. However, she gets embroiled in a war for supremacy between kingdoms. Uehashi wrote two The Beast Player volumes in 2006. The anime will premiere on Japan's NHK-Educational channel on Saturday, January 10 at 6:25 p.m.
Credits : ANN
Old 2008-12-15, 11:24   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Sound Interesting anime ...I might watch it when it Air
Old 2008-12-15, 11:29   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am a big fan of Nahoko Uehashi thanks to Moribito . But I am a bit scared will it get subbed ? as it has not generated enough buzz . I must check up fansub-wiki when I get time : )
Old 2008-12-15, 12:21   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I read The Story ..and *add to List*
I love these kinda of animes
Old 2008-12-15, 15:55   Link #5
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
It certainly looks cute, but 4 cours series always intimidate me. I'll have a look though.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 09:13   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

According to FanSub Wiki this show will get subbed by Static Subs ^___^
Old 2008-12-27, 16:49   Link #7
factor747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
According to FanSub Wiki this show will get subbed by Static Subs ^___^
That is good fansub?
factor747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 05:25   Link #8
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

I am really looking forward to this, thanks to Uehashi Nahoko's amazing work on Moribito. If the anime has the same mystery and intrigue, I'm definitely hooked. And 50 episodes could also hit at a lot of chances for pretty good character/plot development.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:33   Link #9
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Screenshots for Episode 1

I liked this anime and going to cover it regularly
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 21:39   Link #10
E_I
Yuri fan

I love the OP. Same guy that did Morbito's opening, right?

Good thing Erin doesn't have a high pitched voice. She sounds normal thank god. Is the pig-tailed girl/women supposed to her mother? She looks very young. When I saw the commercial for it, I thought the girl was a teenager.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 21:50   Link #11
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
It seems that this anime will be on my 'must watch' list...
I can't wait for the subs to come out =D
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:58   Link #12
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
I love the OP. Same guy that did Morbito's opening, right?
Nope, it's by Sukima Switch, who haven't done a lot of anime work before (one of their songs was used in Tokyo Marble Chocolate, I believe).
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 09:16   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The plot is intruiging but more than that, I am looking forward to the art/animation . They did a mighty fine job with Seirei no Moribito.
Old 2009-01-11, 10:21   Link #14
DangerMouse

I'm so looking forwards to this, Moribito has been totally fantastic (even the sword-smith episode which was almost all dialogue in one single room was surprisingly gripping) and that type of writing with the story outline written in the first post given a similar style of intrigue and the potential development of 50 episodes could be equally so.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-01-11 at 10:37.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:03   Link #15
bbee

I have to agree with DangerMouse, I've never looked forward to an anime more than to this one. Seirei was one of (if not the) best anime of the millennium, it had some amazing eps; the sword smith episode was one, and I enjoyed the one in the snowed-in mountain cave even more. Amazing stuff.
I've been flipping though the raw of ep 1, and the character design really reminds me of SnM. I was afraid this show might be more aimed at children than Seirei was but it looks like that was unfounded. I'm restraining myself from "watching" the raw completely, but if someone doesn't start subbing it soon, I might just have to learn Japanese :/
Old 2009-01-14, 14:16   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
It certainly looks cute, but 4 cours series always intimidate me. I'll have a look though.
Good word: "intimidate." That's just how I feel about long series.

But I'm certainly starting with a happy heart. I enjoyed the first episode (Chinese sub), including the lead seiyuu who is really a TV/film actress. I thought they told a complete story in ep1, and the emotional connections around it worked.

I liked the strange green eyes, which for some reason didn't seem as blank as I would have thought.

I had reservations about Seirei, good as it was. The story seemed slow and meandering, to me, and for me lacked some of the emotional force the plot would have justified.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:14   Link #17
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yeah, I agree with that. SnM was undoubtedly a great anime, but I thought it could have been better, and was disappointed with the direction it ended up taking and the slightly underwhelming final climax. But it did have excellent characters and its fantasy world was just immense and epic. They really put effort into that setting.

That's what I'm hoping they do with this series. I'm still waiting for subs, but I'm anticipating this with bated breath. Production I.G. are generally a quality organization.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 14:33   Link #18
BluWacky
尻の竜

I'm not sure where I stand on Kemono no Souja. The first episode is fine, but it's not really grabbed me like I hoped it would.

There's some nice touches to the artwork (particularly in the OP and ED), and there's seeds of some interesting stuff in there - the warring countries, the whole "beast calling" thing, and what I know of the plot for the future are what would keep me interested. It's just not a very exciting first episode.

Erin's voice actress is fine, but then it's not a very interesting part so far - she likes animals, big whoop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting balls-to-the-wall action or anything, but the first episode doesn't really set up anything particularly intriguing. I'll probably give the second episode a go but I'm not really very excited about it.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:49   Link #19
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 2 Screenshots
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 21:40   Link #20
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

I'm still on episode one~~~, and am agreeing with BluWacky so far. Watching the next one soon, though.

Last edited by jennkei; 2009-01-17 at 23:36.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.