AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-30, 15:11   Link #201
trowapeter

I keep thinking what the world will become if Kanade and Yuri be peaceful and there is no fighting or 'misundertanding' started .
But as mentioned by Otonashi just how long do they run around with a girl for the whole time

I personally liked the voice actors since she also does voice acting for Mikan from To Love Ru.(._. one of my favourite cute anime character)

Now I am eagerly waiting for Kanade new look in the future OVA or season of Angel Beats .I am not satisfied with only Otonashi meeting with Kanade.I wan see Kanade new face =(
Old 2010-10-08, 16:28   Link #202
Knightrunner

I'm kind of wondering, but why do people love Kanade so much? I know moe plays a factor, but can somebody name other traits about her. She clobbered the other characters when it comes the character poll.
Old 2010-10-08, 17:33   Link #203
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I'm kind of wondering, but why do people love Kanade so much? I know moe plays a factor, but can somebody name other traits about her. She clobbered the other characters when it comes the character poll.
Hmmm.. The only thing I can think of is Moe, and the fact she can slaughter you with her special abilities. There is also..... I cant think of anything else
Old 2010-10-08, 18:26   Link #204
Attoney

Quote:
Two words:
Badass Adorable
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassAdorable
Old 2010-10-09, 00:54   Link #205
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attoney View Post
That defiantly does fit Tenshi alot
Old 2010-10-16, 16:28   Link #206
Tsun Tsun Dere Dere
~Naoi Ayato Fangirl~

I, personally, found her role a bit too boring for my taste. (IMO) It seemed as if her entire character design was based on "Pity me". I really couldn't become interested in her character at all. That's just me, though...
Old 2010-10-16, 16:30   Link #207
Tsun Tsun Dere Dere
~Naoi Ayato Fangirl~

Quote:
I agree with you, there. I honestly don't understand the appeal in her character, other than pitying the cute girl. But, eh...
Old 2010-10-17, 00:40   Link #208
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsun Tsun Dere Dere View Post
I agree with you, there. I honestly don't understand the appeal in her character, other than pitying the cute girl. But, eh...
Glad to see some people feel the same that I do, so I agree too.
MAL
Old 2010-10-17, 00:58   Link #209
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Its mostly like Yuki Nagato's case in Haruhi Suzumiya, Tenshi is the cute/silent/powerful type that you dont want to mess with, she is also nice as well that could be some other factors.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:30   Link #210
Attoney

Quote:
Well, I don't actually pity her. When I'm watching the anime, most the time I don't feel a sense of pity from her except in the end of episode 5. Her appeal to me is just her cuteness, and her potential of kicking people's asses. The contrast between the two aspects of her character makes her a likeable and interesting character for me.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:36   Link #211
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attoney View Post
Well, I don't actually pity her. When I'm watching the anime, most the time I don't feel a sense of pity from her except in the end of episode 5. Her appeal to me is just her cuteness, and her potential of kicking people's asses. The contrast between the two aspects of her character makes her a likeable and interesting character for me.
I dunno I can understand the appeal of that combination, but it just didn't work for me in Tenshi despite me liking it in numerous other characters.
MAL
Old 2010-10-17, 15:01   Link #212
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I dunno I can understand the appeal of that combination, but it just didn't work for me in Tenshi despite me liking it in numerous other characters.
Hmmm, it was probably the fact that their was some "pity me" moments in Tenshi's case.
Old 2010-10-20, 05:18   Link #213
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
She's a character that speaks through actions and not much words. But sometimes it's quite appealing to have a character slowly open up and you learn about what kind of person they really are and what they were hiding. Plus she's like cool and stuff.

Or more people like Protoss. *Shrugs* Terran players tend to like Yuri more.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-10-21, 20:26   Link #214
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
She's a character that speaks through actions and not much words. But sometimes it's quite appealing to have a character slowly open up and you learn about what kind of person they really are and what they were hiding. Plus she's like cool and stuff.

Or more people like Protoss. *Shrugs* Terran players tend to like Yuri more.
Best comparison Archon_Wing !!

I still remember the image of Tenshi as a Protoss unit and Yuri would defiantly make a good Terran unit with the fact that she is a good leader, and is really good with guns.
Old 2010-10-21, 20:29   Link #215
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Best comparison Archon_Wing !!

I still remember the image of Tenshi as a Protoss unit and Yuri would defiantly make a good Terran unit with the fact that she is a good leader, and is really good with guns.
This quite clearly solves the issue of me liking Yuri so much more than Tenshi; since I always preferred Terran xD.
MAL
Old 2010-10-22, 00:45   Link #216
Knightrunner

What is a Terran or Protoss Unit? Maybe I'll get the characters more if somebody explain it to me.
Old 2010-10-22, 00:48   Link #217
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
What is a Terran or Protoss Unit? Maybe I'll get the characters more if somebody explain it to me.
Terran and Protoss are not part of the anime

They are part of the game "Starcraft 2" We saw images in the thread that showed Tenshi as a "Protoss Unit" which all of a sudden got over here

Will try to get back on-topic
Old 2010-10-23, 07:24   Link #218
Seitsuki
Onee!

Lol does that make Yui zerg? Energetic, none too subtle, prone to rushing? :P

Seriously though I think the main appeal of a Kanade style character is their woobiness. They seem all emotionless and under control but then you see why, THEN they start to change and become all awkwardly sincere and before you know it you really wanna give them a hug X3 Usually contrasted with more straightforward 'sex appeal' characters (think Asuka/Rei or Mikuru/Yuki) and then look who (almost) always wins. Cmon altogether: "d'awwwwwwww"
Old 2010-10-23, 13:51   Link #219
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Lol does that make Yui zerg? Energetic, none too subtle, prone to rushing? :P

Seriously though I think the main appeal of a Kanade style character is their woobiness. They seem all emotionless and under control but then you see why, THEN they start to change and become all awkwardly sincere and before you know it you really wanna give them a hug X3 Usually contrasted with more straightforward 'sex appeal' characters (think Asuka/Rei or Mikuru/Yuki) and then look who (almost) always wins. Cmon altogether: "d'awwwwwwww"
Very true here Kanade just gives off that "Awww! I want to give her a hug" feel
Old 2010-10-24, 08:25   Link #220
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Why Kanade gets the popularity? Hardcore feminists will not like the following as its blunt so they should look away.

Standard moe technique in visual presentation.
i) Small sized creating an impression of being harmless and needing protection
ii) Big eyes with non threatening golden eye color (compare to her harmonics character)
iii) Long hair to show feminity
iv) Less commonly seen eye and hair color draws interest and creates uniqueness which humans like
v) Soft voice portraying non aggressiveness
vi) Not big breasted creating a atmosphere of not sexually threatening/attractive
vii) Not totally flat-chested so will not be mistaken for a male
viii) Emotionless look (does not smile, cry, etc. Turned around in final episode) does not irritate or disgust those who dislike sunshine girls nor those who dislike emo girls

Combined with the super powered character type for her actions/abilities
i) Doesn't actually need you to look after her (notice that she looks the opposite of this)
ii) Quite capable of helping you out instead at least in terms of physical ability
iii) Gives the alpha female vibe as outclassing all other characters including the males in physical ability (again appearence is the opposite of this)

The above 2 creates a view of
i) Useful friend to have for females
ii) Non threatening girlfriend for males

Also regarding her speaking personality
i) Formal, giving a sense of upper class grace
ii) Doesn't talk too much = unlikely to nag and implicitly -> low maintainence
iii) Utterly non defensive and willing to admit own faults
iv) Shy and retiring = less chance of getting rejected with insults
v) Portrayed as average intelligence (though if looking deeper, she's smart)

Compare to Yuri which in most cases is the opposite of Kanade in the above points except the intelligence where they differ in being loudly intelligent and quietly intelligent respectively.
Closed Thread