AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-09-07, 12:42   Link #1441
ramlaen

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/...t-chinese-lab/
Quote:
NEWLY RELEASED DOCUMENTS provide details of U.S.-funded research on several types of coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. The Intercept has obtained more than 900 pages of documents detailing the work of EcoHealth Alliance, a U.S.-based health organization that used federal money to fund bat coronavirus research at the Chinese laboratory. The trove of documents includes two previously unpublished grant proposals that were funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as project updates relating to EcoHealth Alliance’s research, which has been scrutinized amid increased interest in the origins of the pandemic.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 18:02   Link #1442
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Two great new videos by the amazing investigative journalist Kin Iversen, regarding the latest leak on the handling of this pandemic by the US government.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The research done on this second video regarding comparisons between AIDS and COVID, and the subsequent reaction by the cohosts is well worth a watch.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-09-07, 20:38   Link #1443
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
If you think having coronavirus research done at BSL3 instead of 4 is shocking well.....you'll be stunned what else is done at BSL3. And this is an international standard BTW
Old 2021-09-08, 20:25   Link #1444
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My high risk 92yo grandma and her two caregivers just tested positive. Everyone in the house is waiting for results in our swabs early this morning. Everyone is asymptomatic. If I end up positive I'll have to contract trace everyone exposed to me in the 2 hospitals I work in. That's close to 50 people.

Sigh.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 03:47   Link #1445
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well it finally happened. I finally got COVID from probably one of my patients.
Old 2021-09-09, 07:01   Link #1446
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Very sorry to hear that. You're vaxxed, are you not?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 07:27   Link #1447
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes but I'm 6 months out of the second dose and, of course, we don't have boosters shots available here for health care workers like me because it's all with western countries.

For whatever sins Tedros and the WHO have done, they're right that poor nations in the rest of the world need their shots, and HCWs in those countries need their boosters.
Old 2021-09-09, 08:26   Link #1448
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hopefully those antibodies are still kicking around in there, doing their job.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 18:44   Link #1449
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
For whatever sins Tedros and the WHO have done, they're right that poor nations in the rest of the world need their shots, and HCWs in those countries need their boosters.
And to think than some do advocate for third shot in wealthy countries while such large part of the total population haven't got the second or even the first shot.
Old 2021-09-10, 04:37   Link #1450
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
And to think than some do advocate for third shot in wealthy countries while such large part of the total population haven't got the second or even the first shot.
Well you can't blame people for wanting extra protection, but they also don't realize that the extra degree it gives is far less than what it would do for an unvaccinated person, as well as wider vaccinations will reduce the likelihood of variants like Delta and Mu.
Old 2021-09-10, 18:05   Link #1451
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I don't blame member of the public to want as much protection as they can get (especially as the protection is said to be diminushing with time) even though than a wider vaccination could lead to less death and a reduction of the possibility to the emergence of other(s) variant(s).
What bother me much is than most of the voices calling for 3rd shot I did hear/read were advocate of the industry, not from the scientific community; I might be too cynical but it left me with more the impression of saleman wanting to sell more shots to countries than can afford it.
Old 2021-09-11, 00:40   Link #1452
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Just found out one of the patients I was taking care of last week ended up going through several cardiac arrests and is currently intubated and on an ECMO machine. He was a pretty positive fella when I had him for two nights. He even told me he regretted not getting the vax and told me that as soon as he gets outta of the hospital he was gonna tell all his family and friends to get vax'd. Seems though that may not happen any more, but hopefully his family understands COVID and the havoc it can do.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 19:19   Link #1453
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well it finally happened. I finally got COVID from probably one of my patients.
Hopefully those Memory T Cells will kick in and this will be a two week vacations, don't forget to take everyday your vitamin D producing sunshine.

In my city, after three weeks with 50+ daily deaths due to covid19, last couple of days we were under fifty and hopefully numbers will start to go down in the weeks to come; that is, until Mu comes in winter, just in time for xmas :/ So it seems 2022 will be repeat of 2020 if said variant is immune to current vaccines, so big pharma will announce version 2.0 of the vaccines and we will see 1st world countries fight for them again. Someone please remind me of the reason why no new factories than can produce more of this state of the art vaccines has been built in the last twelve months.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 20:18   Link #1454
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Someone please remind me of the reason why no new factories than can produce more of this state of the art vaccines has been built in the last twelve months.
The bestish argument I heard so far was than the issue was actually the quantity of what they need to produce the vaccine, not too sure if that's true. As the russian vaccine, it seem than they have issue with quality control.
Old 2021-09-16, 19:06   Link #1455
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Well guys, it is official. The vaccines wear off, and the virus will keep on mutating for a long time to come.

The only real solution to this pandemic is proper treatment, but no organization in the world is promoting weight reduction and a healthy living lifestyle as ways to actively combat severe illness and death against this virus.
I only see patented vaccines and an artificially limited supply of them being promoted as the ONLY way to combat this virus.

Realizing how even in the mists of a worldwide crisis, the sociopaths that run the world will stop at nothing for personal gain is supremely disappointing and disheartening to me.
Old 2021-09-16, 19:35   Link #1456
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Realizing how even in the mists of a worldwide crisis, the sociopaths that run the world will stop at nothing for personal gain is supremely disappointing and disheartening to me.
I will agree with the dishearthening but not the dissapointing; accumulating wealth and power is the only thing they are set to do and to expect them to do otherwise after the initial shock is maybe more than optimistic.

What I find dissapointing is all the ones on lower levels than don't really gain that much from the system but still help thoses ''sociopaths that run the world'' instead of doing what is supposed to be their job.
Old 2021-09-17, 00:08   Link #1457
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Well guys, it is official. The vaccines wear off, and the virus will keep on mutating for a long time to come.

The only real solution to this pandemic is proper treatment, but no organization in the world is promoting weight reduction and a healthy living lifestyle as ways to actively combat severe illness and death against this virus.
I only see patented vaccines and an artificially limited supply of them being promoted as the ONLY way to combat this virus.

Where's your data that warrants this reaction. Can you link a source?

No offense, but this sounds very new age / alternative medicine to me.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 03:12   Link #1458
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

New age/alternative medecine would be to promote healing cristals or essential oils as remedies. What he proposed sound more like (partial) preventive medecine. While being something than sould be more promoted more, its efficacity against a new pathogene (one than nobody have antibody against it) is discutable at best. There was a lot of ''very healthies'' patients than got Covid. Now than we have the vaccines (than cover partiallly against variant) preventive medecine is more useful.
Old 2021-09-17, 07:22   Link #1459
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

The only real solution to this pandemic is proper treatment,
Which doesn't exist. Especially not for cheap.

Quote:
but no organization in the world is promoting weight reduction and a healthy living lifestyle as ways to actively combat severe illness and death against this virus.
1. That's not a treatment.
2. Plenty of promotions for those even before the virus hit.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 07:50   Link #1460
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The only current and real effective way out of this mess is mass vaccination.

And until everyone gets on board the damn train, our job as healthcare workers remain hellish.