Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-08-01, 17:57   Link #61
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
^ Interesting, so you rather believe all the covid rhetoric corporate media throws at you while not really questioning if there is a profit incentive behind it all.. you know, the case being that vaccines dont stop the spread and all.. or the fact that wealthy people increase their asset positions disproportionally compared to the average Joe year to year? Or that many corporations are more economically powerful than most countries out there?

But I am going to leave it there, if you are a critical thinker you will be able to verify the validity of my claims.
I can't talk for Key Board but, if you really want to be critical should you be it on all side , not only on news comming from corporate media? To trust a journalist solely because he/she speak against the current message isn't being smart unless it's backed up with something.

As my two cents, a good deal of the covid rhetoric endded being wrong and there's a profit incentive... like in everything else. We should dump what was false info and keep what was right.
Old 2022-08-01, 19:06   Link #62
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ You can look into her content and make up your mind then, as for myself I know that she is one of the few good journalists out there.
Old 2022-08-01, 21:43   Link #63
Key Board
Carbon

You're conflating 2 different issues

Covid has caused inflation and a supply chain catastrophe.
Do you know which billionaires got the most benefit out of this? price gougers, tech, and people who has a stranglehold on the supply chain Steve Bezos.
Yes. there are absolutely people taking advantage of a bad situation. Even now, the global inflation has made some people gouge up their prices more than necessary. But this is not a case of big bad pharma exploiting people. Covid vaccination is free (almost) globally. It's not insulin

I agree with the consensus of the medical community.
You claim this is corporate rhetoric.
I say the political climate has made anti-intellectualism come back

I have seen enough people dying from taking a contrarian stance.
I have seen the toll on the healthcare workers.
Our hospitals are full. There's not enough healthcare workers.
The virus is still out there and mutating
Monkeypox is around the corner
Polio might just come back

But yeah, go on and frame the medical community the enemy
Go on and promote "wellness" as the solution to a global problem
Keep telling people there's a miracle low cost drug that's been kept from the public
What's next? just eat bananas for your hypertension?

people like Kim Iverson have blood on their hands
I will never forgive people like her and their supporters

PS: and when I say medical community I don't mean people with vested interest like Robert Malone

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 06:06   Link #64
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
But this is not a case of big bad pharma exploiting people. Covid vaccination is free (almost) globally. It's not insulin
Covid vaccination isn't really ''free'', government do pay them. I won't say than BigPharma did exploit peoples but one would had to be blind not to see than it made a lot of profit out of Covid. I am not saying than they should had sell their product at cost during the crisis but I am also not saying than they do not benefit from the continuation of the pandemic.

Quote:
What's next? just eat bananas for your hypertension?
I can't say anything about that specific example but pushing drug against every medical issue may not always be the most efficient solution, not to say anything of case when the drug end-up not working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2YPnSF4X8

Far from me the idea of suggesting scam like te use of healing cristal or essential oil but the promotion of healthier lifestyle and of preventive care might help decrease our reliance on drug.

Sugetsu, I did look up a bit Kim Iversen, she seem to belive a lot more what she is than the usual media pundit (credit for that) but that by itself do not make it the true.
She is still putting stufs out often without much to back up her claim and the fact than the official messaging was at time wrong do not guarantee than thoses than go against it will always be right. She isn't one of those Facebook conspirationist nutjob but she tend to go their way.
Old 2022-08-02, 15:46   Link #65
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ Kim and Breaking points are more or less cut out from the same cloth. Krystal is more of a "progressive", Sagaar leans heavily towards the right, and Kim is mix of progressivism with libertarian traits on top. One thing I learned though, is that assigning labels to people, specially when it comes to their political views, is a disservice to them, because many of their positions do not strictly conform with any ideology.

The segment you posted above is excellent by the way, you will never see that kind of analysis in mainstream media, ever. Take a look at this clip that Kim posted today. Her conclusions at the end of the segment (8:30) align with those of Sagaar from your clip above; corporations are the real rulers of this country, and the so called government is nothing more than puppet. As long as the American public remains divided along cultural lines the oligarchs can keep on looting the treasury and dictate government policy. After all, they have mass media to confuse and misdirect people's attention.

Old 2022-08-04, 03:37   Link #66
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Covid vaccination isn't really ''free'', government do pay them. I won't say than BigPharma did exploit peoples but one would had to be blind not to see than it made a lot of profit out of Covid. I am not saying than they should had sell their product at cost during the crisis but I am also not saying than they do not benefit from the continuation of the pandemic.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi...h=314870361372

If you're suggesting there's a conspiracy to keep the pandemic running in order to rake profits, it's not from so called vaccine sales

When the pandemic started many businesses started masking policies, vaccination, temp checks and sometimes contact tracing.

Almost all of that has gone away. Why? because it's actually costing them money and "productivity" to do those things.

Business just want to pretend Covid is gone and move on.

Meanwhile, the damage to healthcare has been severe. We are low on people , our hospitals are full, and some places are no longer sustainable.

If this goes on healthcare will COLLAPSE.

If there is a conspiracy, it's a conspiracy to destroy healthcare, and I name people like Kim as either grifters or willing agents

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2022-08-04, 14:20   Link #67
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ A few facts:

1) Covid is here to stay, it is now an endemic virus as much as the flu is, but is more contagious.
2) Viruses can't be both super deadly and super spreaders at the same time. COVID is the later.
3) The virus presents higher risks for people with chronic illnesses, immune-compromised people, people of advanced biological age (for example, 30 year olds that look much older than they are, most people over 65).
4) The MRNA vaccines are patented and only wealthy countries were able to afford them when it mattered the most, which was at the start of the pandemic. Manufacturers of the vaccines have made record profits during the pandemic.
5) Vaccines dont make you immune and dont stop the spread. (They do give you an extra layer of defense against the virus, but its efficacy is debatable in individuals outside of the risk categories listed above.)

Corporate media will rarely mention any of these facts because it disrupts the vaccine mandate narrative. If they actually cared about the population they would have made these vaccines patent free. Reports of this nature can only be found on independent news media, such as Kim or Breaking points.

As for my own opinion based on these facts, I believe the US is one of the countries that has been hit the hardest due to the horrible diet of its population. US citizens are also chronically ill on average due to the quality of the food that they consume. Africa as a whole suffered much less than the US and I believe it is due to access to less processed sources of food.
Old 2022-08-04, 19:58   Link #68
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sugetsu:
1) Let's not forget than Covid is also more deadly.
2) We might argue if the Black Plague was both a super deadly and a super spreaders virus, but would be harder in the case of the Spanish Flu.
5) The last numbers for the Covid Vaccine I did saw were 10% immunisation and 80% protection against serious infection. It was more effective when the virus was not mutated yet. A vaccine made with the current form of the virus in mind would be more effective.

As your assumption about why Africa was less affected, as much impact as the lesser acces to processed food might have I would bet than some factor did had way more impact, what about the lesser coverage by international air travel?
Old 2022-08-04, 21:18   Link #69
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^

1) Yes, last time I checked it was about 3 to 4% more deadly, which still a high number for a transmissible virus. Although, it seems that newer variants are lowering the death rate.
2) The black plague was transmitted by a bacterium not a virus.
5) The virus is clearly trending towards transmissibility rather than seriously damaging its host. I believe that it will evolve to the point of being nearly transparent (asymptomatic) to the host, and highly infectious, which does present serious risks for people in the risk categories.

We are getting off topic here, I just wanted to highlight the pandemic news coverage as a way for the elite to divide the public. Common sense dictates that when people face an external enemy they unite against it, but the media/government has done an awful job at dealing with this pandemic all around; we are more divided now than ever before.
Old 2022-08-06, 11:43   Link #70
Key Board
Carbon

I'm incredibly frustrated with the misinformation

Any disease becoming endemic does NOT mean it becoming harmless or less dreadful
As I said, hospitals are over capacity in several areas and cases are rising.
Even a "mild" infection can lead to long covid

And yes, you're right in that someone in media is obviously trying to sow distrust against healthcare.
Healthcare workers are becoming the new george soros. The new boogeyman, and yes sooner or later they will be synonymous with "the global elite"
I we will know whose fault it is

//
Old 2022-08-07, 17:58   Link #71
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Let hope that Andrew Yang's 3rd party idea actually works this time. It could be a step in the right direction to alleviate the strong polarization in this country. Lets see what our corporate overlords will do against it in the coming years.

Old 2022-08-28, 11:27   Link #72
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Excellent collaboration between Russell Brand and Kim Iversen. We are headed back to the monarchy of old, where corporations own everything and there is no more small business or individual land ownership.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So long as the population remains divided we will be unable to act in a cohesive and impactful way in the world of politics, which makes it much easier for the oligarchs to keep consolidating power.
Old 2022-08-28, 21:01   Link #73
Key Board
Carbon

The population is divided because a significant amount of people really do embrace feudalism and theocracies as a way of life.

Accept this.

//