AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-12-15, 04:02   Link #1
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Granblue Fantasy Versus (Granblue fighting game by Arc System Works)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I am super excited for this one.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2018-12-15 at 05:09.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 04:22   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Modelisation is pretty on point as usual with ASW. However, it really looks like the preview was rushed for GBF fest, because the animations were incredibly choppy. Pretty sure lots of frames are missing for most of the characters.

Meanwhile, they also explained the game system was done so people with little to no experience in fighting games can enjoy it, with specials useable with single button press.
So yeah, it is most likely a auto combo game like P4U, BB tag or DBZ, nothing exactly technical unfortunately.
Old 2018-12-15, 04:39   Link #3
Tokkan

"Specials useable with a single button press"... Sounds like drives from BB.
Old 2018-12-15, 04:58   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really doubt that, because that explanation was following that statement "in Granblue, you perform cool abilities with a single button right? We will implement in the system something similar". Then adds "they plan to do something simple in term of gameplay", so special attacks can be performed easily.
So I expect something like A+B or UP A for a DP, something like that. Nothing similar to BB drive system which is basically an additional move category.

I don't imply the game cannot be technical, but so far, I personally can't enjoy auto combo/attack 2D fighters in general. But then again, the end result might be totally different from what they have done with P4, Cross Tag and DBZ, so yeah.
Old 2018-12-15, 05:28   Link #5
Tokkan

https://versus.granbluefantasy.jp/en/

The official website has an English version, so an English release is probably planned.
Old 2018-12-15, 11:25   Link #6
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Not too familiar with the Granblue series, but the game looks pretty fun.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 12:40   Link #7
Tokkan

So turns out the specific character-unlock weapons (not the characters' own weapons) for the playable cast are in the logo. And people were able to figure out the rest of the playable cast following this.

https://twitter.com/dizzy_ziddy/stat...55694284558336

Charlotta
Ferry
Gran
Katalina
Lancelot
Lowain
Metera
Percival
Vaseraga
Zeta
Old 2018-12-15, 20:31   Link #8
Kurohane

^ Is this truly all? With all the characters, the rooster could potentially be massive. Not every unit is a fighter, but add in NPCs like the dutchy of Valtz and antagonists in events coughBelialcough, and we could have an amazing selection.
Old 2018-12-15, 20:33   Link #9
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Is this truly all? With all the characters, the rooster could potentially be massive. Not every unit is a fighter, but add in NPCs like the dutchy of Valtz and antagonists in events coughBelialcough, and we could have an amazing selection.
Probably not all. Just the initial roster, most likely.
Old 2018-12-15, 22:15   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That was exciting. Can't wait for the release.
Old 2018-12-16, 00:22   Link #11
Shadow5YA

Keep in mind when Dragonball Fighterz was revealed a little over a year ago at E3, it also had only six characters available (SSJ Goku, Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, Cell, Frieza, Fat Buu). There is still plenty of time to at least double, if not triple the current roster.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 02:53   Link #12
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The lack of Vira already tell us this could not be all.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-16, 08:16   Link #13
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Keep in mind when Dragonball Fighterz was revealed a little over a year ago at E3, it also had only six characters available (SSJ Goku, Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, Cell, Frieza, Fat Buu). There is still plenty of time to at least double, if not triple the current roster.
Yes, through DLC and season passes.
Old 2018-12-16, 14:24   Link #14
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Yes, through DLC and season passes.
Dragonball had 24 playable characters even before DLC was included. Even if we don't want to count Goku Blue and Black as separate characters because of any asset recycling and do the same for Vegeta, that only takes away three characters (Goku Blue, Goku Black, Vegeta Blue), bring down the total unique base roster to 21.

It's not a high bar for Granblue to triple the currently shown roster from 5 to 15. If the character weapons shown in the logo are any indication, then they're already halfway there planning on it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2018-12-16 at 14:45.
Old 2018-12-16, 20:17   Link #15
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Dragonball had 24 playable characters even before DLC was included. Even if we don't want to count Goku Blue and Black as separate characters because of any asset recycling and do the same for Vegeta, that only takes away three characters (Goku Blue, Goku Black, Vegeta Blue), bring down the total unique base roster to 21.

It's not a high bar for Granblue to triple the currently shown roster from 5 to 15. If the character weapons shown in the logo are any indication, then they're already halfway there planning on it.
I didn't know that about DBF; I'm just going off of their BlazBlue shenanigans lol

The director did express the interest of adding more characters through DLC, though.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/16...ndly-gameplay/
Old 2018-12-16, 23:35   Link #16
Tokkan

I doubt we'll have as many fighters as DBFZ. That's a tag fighter and those tend to have larger rosters than 1-on-1 fighters.
Old 2018-12-17, 00:34   Link #17
Shadow5YA

Guilty Gear Xrd ~Sign~ also had 15 characters before DLC, so again I think it's a fair expectation for Versus.
Old 2018-12-17, 08:58   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I really doubt that, because that explanation was following that statement "in Granblue, you perform cool abilities with a single button right? We will implement in the system something similar". Then adds "they plan to do something simple in term of gameplay", so special attacks can be performed easily.
So I expect something like A+B or UP A for a DP, something like that. Nothing similar to BB drive system which is basically an additional move category.

I don't imply the game cannot be technical, but so far, I personally can't enjoy auto combo/attack 2D fighters in general. But then again, the end result might be totally different from what they have done with P4, Cross Tag and DBZ, so yeah.
Cross Tag isn't that simplified though. While it's mainly 236/214 inputs like Touhou Hisoutensoku et al, you are playing two characters so it evens out. It's certainly not as idiot-proof as BB stylish mode. Can't speak for DBZ and P4 since I never touched those.
Old 2018-12-18, 10:11   Link #19
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Simplified inputs shouldnt be a concern anyways, more often than not high-level play will still require effort and dedication.

Trust me, I've been around P4 and people complained about it having simplified inputs.
Old 2018-12-18, 19:59   Link #20
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Simplified inputs shouldnt be a concern anyways, more often than not high-level play will still require effort and dedication.

Trust me, I've been around P4 and people complained about it having simplified inputs.
Smart steering is fine, but the problem is when they make unique attacks restricted to the autocombo string. It removes agency for the player and forces them to use the autocombo.

For example, Goku Blue has an overhead axe kick that is different from his normal Heavy attack. If it were a command normal, he would have much better mixup potential. The same goes for Cell and Frieza who have grabs tied to their autocombo.

I am all for simplifying inputs, but that shouldn't come at the cost of character complexity (and it usually does)

Tags
fighting game, granblue fantasy