AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-31, 15:03   Link #61
jtrog

At the time in Texas and in Oklahoma (1979-1982 HS was 10th 11th and 12th grades. I was injured in several accidents during 10th and 11th grade. Got my bell rung pretty good so school never had meaning after that. Ended up moving back to Oklahoma to finish had to take a year over from the time missed.

Glad as heck to get out of that, sure didn't fit in any where. I worked and lived in a rent house any way for that.

Biggest mistake? Trying to keep up with the wrong 'clicks' of people. Didn't marry my first girl friend. I'd take math and advanced math classes if I had it all to do over again.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 15:10   Link #62
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I envy you guys who had good high schools. Mine was crap.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 15:29   Link #63
Zennifa
*insert cool title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post
Sounds as if you had a decent time. :P And your old friends weren't really your friends if they looked down at you for your partying. High school is superficial at best..
Haha yeah, I haven't talked to anyone from high school since graduating, I guess the partying *was* a decent time, but also a dark time for me. I kinda regret some of if, but I guess parts were fun too. It really brought more problems than good things in the end.
Zennifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 15:52   Link #64
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Hmmm high school, I loved it... it was 5 years for me

grade 9, 10, 11, 12, and OAC (it was a univ. prep grade for Ontario back in the day, it no longer exists)

Anyway grade 9 - 10 was kinda boring but I made some good friends, in grade 11 I got involved with a girl I really shouldn't have... which led me to lots of alcohol and pot... grade 12 and OAC I basically came to class high everyday... I know this was bad but it was fun. I ended up skipping classes all the time to hang out with my friends and go skateboarding with them somewhere. However; this took a hard hit on my marks.

I actually passed high school (barely) but I didn't get into the universities I wanted . If I could do high school all over again, yes I'd stay away from the booze and the drugs... I regret it but I still found it fun and I got along with EVERYONE (Jocks, Nerds, Geeks, Freaks, Goths, Pot Heads you name it).

I made a total 180 after high school though and straightened myself up.

Last edited by strung_out; 2007-08-31 at 16:05.
strung_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 16:12   Link #65
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

High School in Melbourne sucks. Its way to competitive. It the only selective school here so everybody are just smart jerks because you get a crap score they bag you you get a good score they still bag you. Made a few great friends though but no many.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 17:07   Link #66
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennifa View Post
Haha yeah, I haven't talked to anyone from high school since graduating, I guess the partying *was* a decent time, but also a dark time for me. I kinda regret some of if, but I guess parts were fun too. It really brought more problems than good things in the end.
You went back and completed it, right? There's a lot to be said about someone who goes back after enduring a difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
High School in Melbourne sucks. Its way to competitive. It the only selective school here so everybody are just smart jerks because you get a crap score they bag you you get a good score they still bag you. Made a few great friends though but no many.
I couldn't help but laugh a bit. In College, I am working on exempting some courses that I carry qualifications in. I have good grades, references, experience, and so fourth and they still were giving me a hard time. I hope to get this resolved by next week. At any rate, I can understand where you are coming from.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 17:24   Link #67
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by asandari View Post
High school was average. I had no trouble with it, but not much fun either.

I blame my anti-social attitude.

I mean... fear of peers.

I did enjoy thinking over some basic scientific concepts (I'm stupid enough that easy to understand things can intrigue me indefinitely. Such as, the law of inertia.)
wow your a person like me
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 17:25   Link #68
Icehawk

Kindergarten - Grade 3 was awsome for me, I was confident and energetic and got along great with alot of other kids and made alot of good friends. Then my family had to move after Grade 3 and so all of that went down the toilet since I had to go to a new school for grades 4-8 which unfortunatly lead to me becoming an overly introverted weakling from grades 6-8. Grade 4 and 5 hadnt been too bad but 6-8 was hell as those were the years when the real assholes of the school went into full bloom.

Highschool on the otherhand was like a new beginning for me. It gave me the opportunity to change and actually make new friends. I certainly never became "popular" or really fit in with any of the big crowds but I was no longer an insecure weakling and had a small but nonethless good group of friends to hang out with.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 21:21   Link #69
Cmart
Green Beast of the East

Send a message via AIM to Cmart
High school has been pretty fun so far. Im a senior now so i gotta have fun yet take it serious as so i can get into a good college. Freshman year was boring and sophmore year i experimented with drugs for the first time but after that i got it together. I havent really had any hard classes til now. I feel that when i graduate im really going to miss the routine and hanging out with all my friends.
Cmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 21:27   Link #70
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
High school only 3 years here (6 years elementary, 3 years junior)...

For me it's boring...
Have to get going at 6 a.m. cause the bell ring at 6.45...
Teacher seldom teach me the right way...
School food is expensive...
etc. etc.

I just go to high school because i have to, not because i want to So my mark kinda bad except for math and IT. I always get around 60~65% for chemist, cause the teacher teach me nothing, 82% when i'm in 12th grade is miracle...

And not much friend, i'm enrolled in popular public high school so everybody is just uh, what is it, learn-a-holic maybe? Even someone has more than 1 cram school.

I'm glad i've already graduated... Now college is so fun cause i've nothing else to learn except IT... and i can download anime while studying

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 21:43   Link #71
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I hate high school (going to junior) furuno I agree it suck to wake up early in the morning that just pisses me off. At sophomore I didn't do so well I failed one class accounting (regretting taking that f***ing class) it was so boring that I just slept through it and I failed basically. Other class I do decent history I get easy A, Chemistry I get ok grade at the beginning of the I got about 70 then at last quarter I got 88 (huge improvement by the way), math decent got B, other classes pretty good I would say. Manage to scrape low 90 at my report card somehow (I don't know how). Now problem with me is that I can't focus when I go home all I do is watch anime or play game, I know I have to do homework or study but I wait till last second or I just don't do it and hand it late. I think I could do really well if I could focus, right now I have to a essay for history class but I didn't even start it and the school starts in september, I am just so damn lazy.
Also it really sucks because I moved at the end of ninth grade so at my new school I don't really have close friends at school.
Old 2007-08-31, 21:52   Link #72
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
I couldn't help but laugh a bit. In College, I am working on exempting some courses that I carry qualifications in. I have good grades, references, experience, and so fourth and they still were giving me a hard time. I hope to get this resolved by next week. At any rate, I can understand where you are coming from.
Well I hope you had a good laugh. I guess I see why it is funny when you read on the internet like this but seriously its no laughing matter. I mean it your classmates and peers who do this to you (unless like I said they are really good friends). One of my friends at the school ended up in rehab due to this and he's still there.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-08-31, 21:56   Link #73
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, there were some ups and downs (though mostly I think it's full of downs...I think). Anyway, to be honest, I never really enjoyed or like my high school days since I felt left out as always. Although it makes a lot of memories...but in my case.....no.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 22:00   Link #74
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Is college/university better? I mean if it is like the high school I go to then I'll just commit suicide. Or do you go out with friends and just party (party life FTW). I just like hanging with friends if its in the city or even at pizza hut.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-08-31, 23:14   Link #75
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Quote:
Is college/university better? I mean if it is like the high school I go to then I'll just commit suicide. Or do you go out with friends and just party (party life FTW). I just like hanging with friends if its in the city or even at pizza hut.
College is way better IMO... The work load is a little heavier for me but I'm addicted to getting high marks now (I didn't care for marks in high school), so all I do is exercise, study and watch anime...

I try to avoid my friends while I'm at College because they're just unnecessary distractions that will only hold me down (haha I hope they don't join this forum and stumble upon this ). I've had my share of goofing off in high school, not going to do that again.

But... some of my friends party a lot and still manage to stay in college... they just don't rake in impressive marks.
strung_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:08   Link #76
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
For me, Highschool was.. good and terrible..

It was good because, from my first time coming back to my country, I've made friends and bestfriends, though not too much..

Terrible because, when I entered there, I was in ruins.. I was too heartbroken and too tired of life to face another day.. And what a terrible coincidence, it seems my batch were the most 'plastic' bunch in highschool, using each other, killing each other (not literally, mind j00, and not physically either..) and stuff..

So, what do you think will happen when a silent, lonesome girl enters? They murder her and make her an outcast..

Though, there were nice enough people who brought me happiness and lead me out of the dark (because I seriously believed I have no more purpose to live for) I was hurt too deep (how's 11 months of continuous crying sound? And 3 years of emptiness..) and there were this few people, who made me smile.. And because of them, I am were I am today..
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 02:04   Link #77
Thingle
Banned

Highschool was the worst time in life. The "barkada" (clique) mentality just isn't for me, so I was often by myself. Highschool kids are often shallow and would follow the latest fads without thinking. Highschool peer pressure also makes you think that having a Girlfriend is cool, even if you are not prepared for it. Maybe it's because of teenage rebellion that Highschool is the time where the practice of vices start. Anyway, Highschool is hell for lone wolves.

Whew... My true life started when I got out of this hell hole called Highschool.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 02:07   Link #78
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Other than the fact that I became known as "the d00d that had butt$eck$$$ with a guitar" in some circles during my senior years (how this happened was actually quite hilarious), my high school experience is probably the most enjoyable time I've had so far in life.

Heck, definitely beats college and work.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 06:03   Link #79
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

You know we should really have a poll on this thread. High School, college or work. What would you choose?

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-01, 06:15   Link #80
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
You know we should really have a poll on this thread. High School, college or work. What would you choose?
College life.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote