AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 165 60.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 23.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 7.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.37%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-28, 03:27   Link #721
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
This is the most important line of the blog article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Read my lips, just because a series doesn’t follow the plotline you desire doesn’t make it a trainwreck.
Learn it well.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 05:57   Link #722
ReddyRedWolf

Hopefully Graham lives thru this season.

The UN Army's ranks are severely depleted.

I wouldn't mind if the UN Army still exist under the squad leadership of Graham in season 2.

Just think of Patrick (hopefully alive) and Soma being under his command.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 06:47   Link #723
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
C'mon guys, please... Episode 25 is like 20+ hours away.... please keep conflicts to the bare minimum, if not, nullify it.

Enjoy discussing!
Yes it is, Please. i'm not here to make anything wrong to you guys. i just want to know the question that who's gonna survive the final war next, not come here to complain, that is all. Is it Setsuna or that new enemy alejandro.

I mean What did i say last time? What did i say? i didn't make an annoying post here please. I mean What is wrong with you people anyway? you look angry to me.

*cries because of my messed up.*

PS- sorry about the smiley that i put.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-28 at 09:11. Reason: i'm not complaining, okay?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 07:57   Link #724
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
This is the most important line of the blog article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Read my lips, just because a series doesn’t follow the plotline you desire doesn’t make it a trainwreck.
Learn it well.
Ermmm.. Vice-versa as well?
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 09:18   Link #725
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
What's a kind-fuck?

Anyway, Gundam 00 Episode 24 is up.
Sounds like you had a hard time there. Nice review, as usual.
Although I can guess, part of the reason why people try to bash you is because the way you criticized in KyoAni's related anime series.

Oh well, I love both, so don't let it get over your head.
Old 2008-03-28, 09:31   Link #726
Souryu
nothing at all...

Quote:
The Victory Gundam atmosphere really was evident throughout this whole episode, I really have to say. Victory Gundam for those who don't know is the last of the U.C Series whose title is a misnomer as it's mostly about the characters suffering loss after loss after loss and experiencing nothing but soul crushing grief.
Even though the Kill'em all atmosphere is definitely here, it's more like Zeta Gundam. Victory Gundam was way more extreme about killing, both on numbers (i mean... 70% of the characters died in there ) and ways of killing (we didn't have someone get vaporized by a beam saber. YET )

Anyway, it was a nice review that you did there.
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 10:44   Link #727
songz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
Victory Gundam was way more extreme about killing, both on numbers (i mean... 70% of the characters died in there )
I want even more deaths than that but before that happens...

1) Graham where Art thou ? The flag fighters are all dead, he is taking his time for far too long.
2) Sergei and his loli side kick. They are doing quite well to make this far, but will they die ?
3) Nena !

Anyway to be frank, I wasn't impressed by Lichty and Chris pseudo-romantic death scene, because mainly their character development is... can I say nearly zero ? Their deaths did not even sting me, which is kinda sad in the ironic sense. I am supposed to feel sad from this scene, but I felt sad because it FAILED to do so. I know I felt a pain in my heart at Victory Gundam, but not here. At least Lockon death is more powerful and he went out more spectacularly and with a slight purpose. Same for Ali and Mr comic relief.

Exia's duel against Alvaore is about as cliche as Freedom facing off Providence. Why ? No other enemies to intervene, and the "hero" suit fighting a very h4x mobile armor / suit that will reveal its weakness somehow by a later plot device.

Just a dozen more hours and the last EP will be out.

P.S. I still want the 4 primary Meisters to die. Who says that season 2 has to be based on them? It can be Feldt or Nena or Saji or a brand new cast. Deaths when tastefully and properly done will have far bigger impact in a series, ala Victory Gundam.
songz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:57   Link #728
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

lol... excessive deaths are just a waste of time.

What's the point of plot development if all you're going to do is kill off all the characters. They've gone 24 eps developing the main 4, then you're going to go another 24 eps to develop the new ones, that's pointless.

Deaths when tastefully and properly done have a big impact, excessive amounts of death will ruin a series. I think 00 is almost borderline excessive.

But seriously, I'm still waiting on Graham. I like Nena a lot and am waiting for her come back, Felt is also going to play a much bigger role in season 2, she has to.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 16:43   Link #729
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
lol... excessive deaths are just a waste of time.

What's the point of plot development if all you're going to do is kill off all the characters. They've gone 24 eps developing the main 4, then you're going to go another 24 eps to develop the new ones, that's pointless.

Deaths when tastefully and properly done have a big impact, excessive amounts of death will ruin a series. I think 00 is almost borderline excessive.

But seriously, I'm still waiting on Graham. I like Nena a lot and am waiting for her come back, Felt is also going to play a much bigger role in season 2, she has to.
It's Gundam though, characters don't have magic shields around them normally that keep them alive and do die in the ensuing conflicts. And most characters statuses are unknown. Lockon is the only one who is confirmed dead as of now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 19:23   Link #730
Souryu
nothing at all...

Gundams alwawys have more deaths than other animes lol. Almost every good Gundam has a kill'em all moment or at least a few desesperation scenes, with everyone giving all they've got to do something.

The deaths in Victory Gundam are excessive, but are important to make Uso grow up and see how war is harsh. To tell you the truth, V Gundam for me is one of the top Gundams because it has the most dramatic final battle in the whole franchise, and it wouldn't be if every named character is safe.

In Gundam 00 it's the same thing, except the deaths aren't excessive. Lockon passing away showed how his revenge consumed him, how war is a terrible thing and affected all the Celestial Beings. Gundam is all about war, and death is always there.

And you know what's better? This is the R1! We will have a far more bloodier battle in the end of Gundam 00! Two kill'em all moments!
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 19:32   Link #731
Var
Banned

Quote:
Also the absence of Key characters like Ali and Graham just took away from things a bit.
Well, if Ali is dead, then he's not missing. Or... I guess he is missing in that he's dead and can't fight anymore. Uh oh!

Edit: From reading your blog, which was a nice read, I think that Marina not being someone for him to write a letter to, is that its not so much the person that Setsuna has in his visions but the ideals. The ideals simply take the form of Marina who probably chimes a few bells in his head with her voice, which is very similar to his mothers. So, in a way, it is to say that he doesn't have any real attachment to the person but more what she stands for in the story.

Last edited by Var; 2008-03-28 at 19:46.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 21:05   Link #732
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post

If that's true then Tragedies wouldn't exist as a genre... Nor would war stories.

Plot development serves to tell a story and provide entertainment, as well as to allow the creators to give their views on relevant subjects. Deaths are part of telling a story if the subject is relevant. Its certainly not "pointless".
Old 2008-03-29, 06:29   Link #733
FireChick

I finally saw this episode and...YES!!! Yes yes yes yes YES!!! I FINALLY CRIED!!! Oh my god I was (literally) shedding tears when Riku and Christina were sharing their last moments together! I know how Felt feels about losing people that are important! I cried! Yes yes yes! Soooo bittersweet yet so sad! One thing though...

Spoiler:

I'm calling Lichty "Riku" cuz I think it's easier to say. And yep, as usual, Mr. Creepy (my nickname for Hallelujah) freaked me out with his crazy laugh. And did he literally say "bye bye" in english?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 19:48   Link #734
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Y'know, does anybody get the feeling that maybe Setsuna wasn't actually selected by Veda to be a Gundam Meister? I get my feeling from the 2-year-earlier flashback at the beginning of episode 24, where Sumeragi was introducing Setsuna to the others. Alelujah and Tieria were obviously surprised that Setsuna, a kid, was to be Exia's pilot. Sumeragi immediately responded to their disbelief that he passed the qualification test, but when Tieria asked her if Veda selected him she paused for a second before answering yes, and then Setsuna looked at her, as if in a questioning manner. It's just a nagging feeling that's been on my mind ever since I saw the episode.
Old 2008-04-22, 23:56   Link #735
Ottocycle

I'd say there aren't any indicators for that. IMO the pause was for emphasis' sake, to let the shocking fact sink in. Setsuna's look is probably a "Who the hell's Veda? I don't know any Veda."

If they wanted to call attention to Sumeragi's hesitation, they should have shown their facial expressions better instead of having them in a dark dark hangar. So since Sumeragi's look of extreme certainty(from what I can see, of course) did not change one bit during the pause, the feeling you had was quite negligible to me.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 04:11   Link #736
Terra

Plus back then Veda pretty much controlled everything with regards to who went where from the looks of it. It's not like after the Trinity's showed up and the distrust started. If he hadn't of bee selected by Veda then I really doubt he would of been let near Exia.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:29   Link #737
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
If they wanted to call attention to Sumeragi's hesitation, they should have shown their facial expressions better instead of having them in a dark dark hangar. So since Sumeragi's look of extreme certainty(from what I can see, of course) did not change one bit during the pause, the feeling you had was quite negligible to me.
Actually, if anything Sumeragi's "poker face" would show how un-suspicious she's trying to act so nobody would suspect anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Plus back then Veda pretty much controlled everything with regards to who went where from the looks of it. It's not like after the Trinity's showed up and the distrust started. If he hadn't of bee selected by Veda then I really doubt he would of been let near Exia.
Well I'd say that that's quite doubtful. Veda's only a supercomputer AI that makes plans and gives orders. It doesn't actually control anything directly and can even be manipulated, as proven by the incident with the Trinitys and the ensuing chaos.

But ah well, we'll see in season 2 I guess.