AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Mai-otome character will go down first?
Akane - Wil she ever get a break? 52 36.62%
Erstin - So soft and round and huggleable 59 41.55%
Irina - mad scientsit on the loose 8 5.63%
Natsuki - Pyscho Shizuru anyone? 5 3.52%
Other - Who do you think? 18 12.68%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-21, 19:03   Link #41
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Akane.

Why? Same reasons most people who've voted for her said. She hasn't been developed much, and as Diodati rightly pointed out they didn't start with the major characters straight away last time - killing Erstin would make quite an emotional impact because she's quiet, kind, innocent and doesn't really want to be an Otome at all, and for those reasons I have a feeling she'll go down eventually, but she won't be the first. It would be too severe for a first death when there's enough Otome around that would make the serious side of the series inch in just fine. If it was Miya that wouldn't surprise me either, she fits the description just fine too.

As for Natsuki dying... much as I love the couple and both of them as characters, if one had to die I'd rather it was Shizuru. Psycho Shizuru was fun, but we've seen her now, and it would be more interesting to see the other side this time - if Shizuru dies, how will Natsuki react? Don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way though.
I can imagine her getting injured at some point resulting in Natsuki materializing but death doesn't seem to be an option for someone who's a big part of the "Mai" franchise.

I don't think either one (Natsuki nor Shizuru) would die....injury perhaps.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-21, 20:33   Link #42
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
I can imagine her getting injured at some point resulting in Natsuki materializing but death doesn't seem to be an option for someone who's a big part of the "Mai" franchise.

I don't think either one (Natsuki nor Shizuru) would die....injury perhaps.
Works for me. I don't want either of them to die either, but if for the story's sake one did... well, that's my choice. Anything to get Natsuki to Materialise
Old 2005-12-21, 23:45   Link #43
Chalcahuite
Jackbooted Thug

Send a message via AIM to Chalcahuite
Going with my gut here. I don't think we'll get an individual death as the first indication that the MO world isn't all sweetness and light. I think what we'll get instead is half the school being offed when the war that they've been hinting at finally breaks out and all the Otomes and Otome-in-training get called to fulfill their duty.
Since everyone is expecting a single character to die, this would be a nice surprise, I think. Keep everyone on their toes.
Old 2005-12-21, 23:46   Link #44
Shigan
Forever a Journey

You know, I just thought of something, wouldn't it be like the most awesome thing possible if Sunrise actually offed SHIHO first? XD XD XD

*Shiho dies in awesome brave sacrifice*

Garderobe+Audience: O___o "HUH WTF??? - oh well..." (everyone carries on)
Old 2005-12-21, 23:54   Link #45
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
But do you kill the comic relief off first?

I think with ones like Akane and Erstin, having them alive and everything fall apart would be worse than death. Just picture those two having a mental breakdown having to see otomes fighting each other and seeing what happens to the ones they care about.
Old 2005-12-22, 05:11   Link #46
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

I honestly believe you are comparing this series to much to HiME. We are on episode 11 with no directly bad things happening, I do not expect a single death, but death on a large scale. I do not believe that either Akane nor Erstin will be the 'ones to be offed first'. Neither do I agree that the plot turn will result in all the Otomes being called to go to war. I see corruption in the higher ranking people in each country being the downfall, and the Aswalds taking advantage of this. I wouldn't expect anything so organised as an Otome war, quite honestly. Everyone is going to be fighting for their lives and the winner will emerge political leader. I don't see a country VS country war here, but a John Smith allies VS Nagi allies VS Otomes (still loyal to the school) VS Aswalds. Of course we can't predict the exact sides because Nagi might end up being an ally of the Aswalds, for instance.
Old 2005-12-26, 16:42   Link #47
Vegeta

Send a message via MSN to Vegeta
i am pretty sure theat Akane will go first and i think it will happen in the next episode ep nr 13. About that whos going to be defeated first i dont think that it will be Erstin. i cant explay it
Old 2005-12-26, 23:46   Link #48
shikamarufoo

I have a feeling it's going to be Akane. I guess they just can't give her a break.
Old 2005-12-27, 01:16   Link #49
shadowWizz

Send a message via MSN to shadowWizz
Seems like a battle between Akane and Erstin to see who gets off the otome track first...

Spoiler:

~ I’m always ready to learn, but I do not always like to be taught.~
Old 2005-12-29, 06:01   Link #50
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

I voted for Akane.

Poor girl yet again she gonna be the first victim.
Old 2005-12-29, 06:10   Link #51
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I think Akane will go down first...
I think this because of the link between Mai HIME and Mai Otome...
And because for the Preview of Ep13...
Too bad... 1st of the Otome Perle...
Old 2005-12-29, 12:01   Link #52
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
I think Akane will go down first...
I think this because of the link between Mai HIME and Mai Otome...
And because for the Preview of Ep13...
Too bad... 1st of the Otome Perle...
idnt the eview of the next ep say something about her getting her meister robe.. bla bla and that she wil go down hard..

but a Meister robe isnt given out like candy for doing a good job in grades and such, i think that when Akane finds out that some how her loved one will be attacked, she comes to the reque and sacrifices herself, but that she wont be killed, as a reward for all of this and because she did excellent she gets a meister robe

also if Akane was going to die, everyone would also be sad, since all the younger students look up to her

i still keep my vote with Ernstin, i atleased think she's the first of the group to die.. if its Nina i will cry
Old 2005-12-29, 12:10   Link #53
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

I thought the meister robe comes from the gem when materialize...they can't be given can they??
Old 2005-12-29, 12:11   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
I thought the meister robe comes from the gem when materialize...they can't be given can they??
They are given a meister gem which materalize a meister robe.
Old 2005-12-29, 13:07   Link #55
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
idnt the eview of the next ep say something about her getting her meister robe.. bla bla and that she wil go down hard..

but a Meister robe isnt given out like candy for doing a good job in grades and such, i think that when Akane finds out that some how her loved one will be attacked, she comes to the reque and sacrifices herself, but that she wont be killed, as a reward for all of this and because she did excellent she gets a meister robe

also if Akane was going to die, everyone would also be sad, since all the younger students look up to her

i still keep my vote with Ernstin, i atleased think she's the first of the group to die.. if its Nina i will cry

just to change a little...they reward her with a meister gem instead a meister robe.
Old 2005-12-29, 13:08   Link #56
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
just to change a little...they reward her with a meister gem instead a meister robe.
lol, thats what i meant, but i forgot about the gem :P
thanks for remark
Old 2005-12-29, 17:14   Link #57
ranchan13

Suppose that Mashiro is indeed the first to go, shocking the entire fanbase. Wouldn't it then be interesting to see how Arika fares after her contract is forcibly nulled?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2005-12-29, 17:29   Link #58
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Y'know, I voted for Erstin, and I think she's a pretty good candidate, but I could see someone make a case for Miya, Tomoe-sama's henchmen. Now *that's* an unfortunate girl. ;X
Old 2005-12-29, 17:31   Link #59
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Suppose that Mashiro is indeed the first to go, shocking the entire fanbase. Wouldn't it then be interesting to see how Arika fares after her contract is forcibly nulled?
Umm....if Mashiro were to ever "bite the dust" that would mean Arika would as well. It goes both ways.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-29, 21:39   Link #60
SANITY

seems no-one thinkds that tomoe will bite the dust

if tomoe ever does die i think itl happen something like this.

I can see tomoe going evil after continuiously being ignored by shizuru and out of jealousy towards arika, attempting to get revenge she tries getting revenge and in her demented state of mind she just doesn't care anymore,(kinda like shiho in HiME) attacking arika or natsuki, shizuru defends them, tomoe is just crazy at this point so she atacks and is defeated, killed in battle, by shizuru, tomoe's death and a last minute love confesion,

yea, that's how itl work.