AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden - Episode 13 END S1 Rating
Perfect 10 2 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 16.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-03-28, 13:33   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden- Episode 13 END S1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden, Episode 13 (END S1).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-28, 18:03   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't sure I would watch the next season given how boring this one had been, but this episode convinced me to continue. It was absolutely awesome.

The fight against Mami was amazing. Even Gilgamesh would probably be jealous. I didn't expect Sayaka to show up there, but I was very happy about it. I remember her wish granted her regeneration as a "side-effect", but we've never seen her grow back a whole arm before, have we? I was pretty shocked when I saw this.

Magius brainwashing their members up the stakes, and there was the mention of Walpurgis night hyping things up even more. Hope Madoka and Homura will be in S2!
Old 2020-03-28, 19:15   Link #3
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Season 2 announced:

https://twitter.com/magireco/status/1243923299370823681
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-28, 21:58   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Well, I can say this one episode convinced me to watch the next season, something I was seriously doubting I should do.
Old 2020-03-29, 08:19   Link #5
Zolton

MORE DAKKA!

It's all so weird. Magius is obviously evil, yet they make a solid case about saving megucas from turning into witches, and neither Yachiyo nor Iroha try to explain why they won't join them when literally everybody else already has. At least we know Iroha will be all right, Yachiyo needn't worry about her wife.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-29, 09:09   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

whoa, that was an intense battle. Watched it on my phone, with intent of going to sleep afterwards. But made me turn on the pc again to make a post here.

Sayaka blocking that shot was badass.

Iroha and Yachiyo holding hands while fighting, and it looks like they won? But instead of getting the hell out of there, they instead peek into the hole where Mami fell into?!! Which cause Iroha to also fall into the hole and be grabbed by crazy Mami...

Tsuruno and Felicia are now brainwashed. Rena is not convinced, but she found out that it's forbidden to leave while loli-Hitler Touka is speaking! ><

can't wait for season 2. I'm satisfied. Would definitely be buying some items from this show.
Old 2020-03-29, 12:02   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
MORE DAKKA!

It's all so weird. Magius is obviously evil, yet they make a solid case about saving megucas from turning into witches, and neither Yachiyo nor Iroha try to explain why they won't join them when literally everybody else already has. At least we know Iroha will be all right, Yachiyo needn't worry about her wife.
They won't join them because their group is shady as fuck. Iroha and her friends have seen first hand the kind of stuff they do. Touka wants to save magical girls, but will regular humans be fine? I somehow doubt that. I agree it would have been nice to see them argue though.
Old 2020-03-29, 15:27   Link #8
mergele

I think you can actually do a lot with Sayakas entry and her confrontation with her idol Mami.
On that note: What the heck was up with Mami? Joining the Magius? Sure, but here it was straight up "I have lost my free will and am brainwashed and stuttering incoherently".
I wish they hadn't wasted so much time on the mediocre fight scene, there was so much character stuff that could have been done there.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-29, 17:20   Link #9
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Still processing how I feel about season one, but there's a moment that was rather surprising:

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-03-30, 11:01   Link #10
Liddo-kun
is this so?

a few more random thoughts..

I'm amazed Iroha's normal shots have become strong, destroyed the Uwasa that kidnapped Yachiyo in just a few hits.

also noticed that Sayaka is at first very aggressive, but stopped helping in the last parts of the fight. Maybe she's too injured, or she thinks the raid boss Mami is impossible to defeat?
Old 2020-03-30, 13:23   Link #11
mergele

It is unsure yet how much she knows about the Doppel thing and the people she protected suddently turned into monsters. Imagine helping some guy in a backalley against some mugger, but suddently he pulls out a Gestapo uniform and baton - reconsidering your involvement isn't that far fetched.
Old 2020-03-30, 16:10   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

My question is why isn't Iroha brainwashed? Did they miss a step, or maybe they weren't there yet?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 16:59   Link #13
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Looks like Yachiyo arrive just in time to stop the brainwashing.
Old 2020-03-30, 18:26   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
also noticed that Sayaka is at first very aggressive, but stopped helping in the last parts of the fight. Maybe she's too injured, or she thinks the raid boss Mami is impossible to defeat?
Sayaka said she was starting to run out of magic. She probably realized she was out of her league too. Yachiyo is really strong and yet she had to use her doppel to be a match for Mami.
Old 2020-03-31, 10:29   Link #15
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Like some people here I was a bit disappouinted with this season (mainly because of obvious story cuts, which is odd consdidering they have less than third of the story left).

Though, this episode intrigued me to continue.

P.S.: Anyone knows what song plays at the final? I really liked it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 19:23   Link #16
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
My question is why isn't Iroha brainwashed? Did they miss a step, or maybe they weren't there yet?
Assuming this is the scene I recall from the game (I haven't had a chance to catch the episodes since the end of Felicia's arc), you had to be convinced by their little dream to join them first. Then, once you join them, you get brainwashed.

Then again, in the game that was chapter... 5, I think, and Sayaka doesn't show up until chapter 6 if I recall, so it's possible the anime changed things up.

One question I have for the Mami fight, since it might be a while before I can manage to catch the episodes:

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 19:52   Link #17
Liddo-kun
is this so?

damn, with the post office closed because of covid I can't order anything. In fact, I have two orders still trapped there. ><

I hope this calamity of covid would pass, so I could support this anime. My shopping cart already has the cd + dvd by Trysail.
Old 2020-04-01, 20:19   Link #18
mergele

@GDB Yeah, Mami pulled out her Doppel big time in the last fight.
Old 2020-04-05, 11:24   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

How old is Yachiyo supposed to be? Come to think of it, there isn't a 20+ year old Mahou Shoujo before
Old 2020-04-05, 11:27   Link #20
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

If memory serves, she's 19.