AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-15, 03:32   Link #861
n0m@n
C-Z

Its the one Ise and Sirzechs tries to film Rias sleeping, and ends up getting caught. You also find out that Rias is a big Japanese otaku and that was the reason why she doesnt want anyone to enter her room.
Old 2013-03-15, 05:15   Link #862
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Its the one Ise and Sirzechs tries to film Rias sleeping, and ends up getting caught. You also find out that Rias is a big Japanese otaku and that was the reason why she doesnt want anyone to enter her room.
a BL otaku?
Old 2013-03-15, 09:18   Link #863
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
i dont remember reading that one. has it been translated to english? if so care to post a link? if not then nvm i'll wait for a translation :\
Old 2013-03-16, 23:07   Link #864
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
Quote:
The best number of girls in a harem in a story is 3 to 4. Well, that's how I feel personally.
.... yea i think that ship set sail at about volume 5 lol
Old 2013-05-29, 15:46   Link #865
WILD_LION

Someone besides me desire to see Ise transform in Super Gigantic Balance Breaker again, I know that was mentioned that there are no other time, but i hope that Ise improve his powers, combining with Big Red, or maybe finding the balance between the Zero Power and Infinite power, or a new ability.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:37   Link #866
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Outside the upgrade discussion, anyone else feel that the writer has gone way too heavy on fanservice vs story?
Only read 13 books and reading 14th now.
Or trying to, got to part where
Spoiler:
shows up and the whole thing with
Spoiler:
just makes me want to drop the whole book.
Probably shouldn't complain, not every story can be tailor made for me afterall, but after the Oppai dragon and Switch princess came out whole thing started going downhill for me (with occasional high points though).
The high point in the series (for me) was when Juggernaut mode appeared for the first time, and to lesser extent, the Rating game against the guy (whose name i can't remember) with the sentient gear, but other than that the fanservice has taken too much of a center stage at the cost of the story.

Also, anyone else confused by the cosmology in this series?
First we had devils and angels, then we had fallen angels, all well and good, and then randomly we got Odin tacked in and nobody batted an eyelid or gave any kind of explanation.
I am starting to feel the same.. The last few volumes Issies started to die as a character for me. Increasing the fan service over the story and Issie starting to act like a whinging spoiled brat. A few scenes I can say I was not happy with either.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-05-29, 23:06   Link #867
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I am starting to feel the same.. The last few volumes Issies started to die as a character for me. Increasing the fan service over the story and Issie starting to act like a whinging spoiled brat. A few scenes I can say I was not happy with either.
I feel something similar, in this last two volumes i don't felt the same inspiration, and this 15 is half SS, I don't see Ise like the hero who has one of the two strongest dragons, the powers and abilities of the others characters are increasing, and Ise dont shine in the scenes as the pricipal hero like before. I see Ise so weak, he cant defeat completely CaoCao and Grendel, i hope that the Big Red blood and Ophis power help him.

But we need to see also in this last two Vol. that Ise has improved his relationships, maybe thats the reason of the name of this arc: The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions. And in the previous arcs Ise was always the protagonist.

I expect that in th next arc Ise will return to be the principal hero protagonist.
Old 2013-05-29, 23:34   Link #868
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
How has Ise been acting like a spoilt brat?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:21   Link #869
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
How has Ise been acting like a spoilt brat?
because he missed rias sleeping with him
Old 2013-05-30, 10:37   Link #870
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
because he missed rias sleeping with him
So he's spoilt because he misses his girlfriend? That makes absolutely no sense. How on Earth does that make him spoilt?

Old 2013-05-30, 17:02   Link #871
2xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
I feel something similar, in this last two volumes i don't felt the same inspiration, and this 15 is half SS, I don't see Ise like the hero who has one of the two strongest dragons, the powers and abilities of the others characters are increasing, and Ise dont shine in the scenes as the pricipal hero like before. I see Ise so weak, he cant defeat completely CaoCao and Grendel, i hope that the Big Red blood and Ophis power help him.

But we need to see also in this last two Vol. that Ise has improved his relationships, maybe thats the reason of the name of this arc: The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions. And in the previous arcs Ise was always the protagonist.

I expect that in th next arc Ise will return to be the principal hero protagonist.
I'm sorry but in what way is Ise week and since the author gave other characters a monument to shine he is no longer the protagonist.
Old 2013-05-30, 17:48   Link #872
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well argument that Ise is weak is kind of valid, but considering the time frame. It is kind of harsh to gave that kind of criticism considering he is an infant in terms of Devil years. 6 months at least has past and Ise is still in his first year as a Devil. Knowing that Akeno who became Rias' Queen when she was a child and Kiba who joined several years before give or take 3-5 years at least were given a promotion to Middle Class Devil. Ise himself done it in less than a year is a testament that he done quite well. I know its a shounen theme that main characters become stronger and stronger to the point of being unbeatable, but its a thread that is used too often. I think its good for Ise to not be completely strong, but still become strong though progression. It was already noted that humans reborn as Devils has their limits, Ise may have a sacred gear but he is still human and would eventually meet his limits one day. That limitation is gone, null and void, disappeared, whatever so he can now progress without limits. Ise is still the protagonist, but it is good to sometimes take the thoughts of supporting character into account not just Ise thinking of what they are thinking of. I think its an excellent idea though I am quite radical towards new ideas. I expect Ise to become stronger, most people seem annoyed with the introduction of Noose mythology without much explanation. You have to take into account even after 13 volumes we are still learning about Devil society, I mean before volume 12 we already knew that low class devils were looked downed upon but not to the extent that many were willing to joined the enemy to bring down the Underworld. Still a lot of to discover about Devil society. We already been explained the limitation and discrimination that low class Devils face in the Underworld, Ise lived through it. Now Ise is a middle class devil, now we got a chance to see the middle class and the altitudes towards them in Devil Society. What freedom is given and what remaining limitation still present towards them? Complaining about the past isn't going to anything, what to look forward to is the future.

More races are coming in so if you desire that kind of approach, then don't worry it is coming. There are already a lot of hints towards it.

Also noted is the fan service may seem extreme. I will admit that is true, but I think its more about the laughs generated from them not just to arouse the readers (you know who are and you know what, puff your chest and be proud of it online). I read through the fan services for the laughs, it doesn't mean much to be. Don't think about fan service as one dimensional, try a different approach like I did with comedy.

Also isn't this something to ask in the character discussion thread?
Old 2013-05-30, 18:55   Link #873
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Yes, and no. Because it's speculation overall.

Anyway, one thing to note is that Akeno and Kiba wouldn't be getting their promotions if it wasn't for Ise getting his. Since Ise joined, the group as a whole has seen more combat than most of the military of the Underworld (If they have a military that is), except the veteran participants of the Rating Games. But even then, a few of the opponents would probably give even many of the Rating Game teams a hard time, especially the monsters sent to wreck havoc in the Underworld while Ise was "dead". It's an uphill battle, and it just means that future battles will get just that much harder.
Old 2013-05-30, 20:19   Link #874
Ultragunner

I think Sakra's assesment about Ise is correct,bthat Ise's just a B-class in power both normally and serious. HOWEVER, he can become SSS-class when he needs to (whether it's a sudden power up or getting help from a overpowering beings), and this is what makes Ise so enjoyable to read LOL, he's unpredictable and breaks all laws of common senses

But it could be nice if he just kicks the small fires @ss like nothing
Old 2013-05-30, 20:37   Link #875
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I think Sakra's assesment about Ise is correct,bthat Ise's just a B-class in power both normally and serious. HOWEVER, he can become SSS-class when he needs to (whether it's a sudden power up or getting help from a overpowering beings), and this is what makes Ise so enjoyable to read LOL, he's unpredictable and breaks all laws of common senses

But it could be nice if he just kicks the small fires @ss like nothing
He already kinda does, most of his enemies are strong beings recorded in history either by being or weapon. He as in now can decisively defeat Raiser, a top tier High Class Devil. It is not a joke nor is unquestionably he one of the powerful beings in the Devil Society still they are a couple more that outclass him tremendously. Ise will become stronger no doubt about that (it is kind of redundant now saying this), though I would prefer Ise to grow in strength in a different approach than breasts (it is not bad it just cause I feel for Ddraig and Rias).
Old 2013-05-30, 22:37   Link #876
Chris38

Personally I wouldn't say that Ise has no limits ...

After all, I think that Ise's new limit is the combined power of Great Red and Ophis that is contained within his current body.

Basically, I don't think that Ise can become more powerful then Great Red or Ophis (before she was weakened)

Of course, it's going to take a few years, before Ise would reach that limit, and naturally his limit is much higher compared to the time when he was a human reincarnated devil, so you could say that he has definitely more room to grow stronger, although I believe that the pace of Ise's growth is going to slow down a little bit, to allow the other members of the Gremory Group to gain some development as well.

I also hope that Ise is going to start using some different way of getting stronger, compared to using Rias breasts... but, considering Ise's personality, I'm not rising my hopes too high on that matter...
Old 2013-05-30, 22:47   Link #877
GDB

I'm still reading through the volumes, but it seems pretty obvious that Issei's character really has nowhere to go but down after volume 11 (only half way through it). Once he faced his inner demons caused by Reynalle, his character could only do one of two things. One: fully embrace his harem, or two: become a pissy, generic harem lead like Ichika. The former would seemingly signal the end of the series, so it felt obvious the latter would occur.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:33   Link #878
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm still reading through the volumes, but it seems pretty obvious that Issei's character really has nowhere to go but down after volume 11 (only half way through it). Once he faced his inner demons caused by Reynalle, his character could only do one of two things. One: fully embrace his harem, or two: become a pissy, generic harem lead like Ichika. The former would seemingly signal the end of the series, so it felt obvious the latter would occur.
This LN has a confirmed True Harem end, so resolving the harem won't lead to the end of the series. All he has to do is set things up with the rest of the girls, which isn't a big issue since he's already done that with two of them and properly deal with having a harem, which he is actually doing or at least, thinking about.

Old 2013-05-31, 03:02   Link #879
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I also hope that Ise is going to start using some different way of getting stronger, compared to using Rias breasts... but, considering Ise's personality, I'm not rising my hopes too high on that matter...
Well, is a chance that he may use Akeno's breasts to get stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Issei is still not over his trauma ("his inner demons caused by Reynalle", as you say) yet, but is in the process of moving on and overcoming them.
On top of this, Issei still has to deal with the problems that come with having a harem.
Old 2013-05-31, 11:58   Link #880
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, is a chance that he may use Akeno's breasts to get stronger.

Issei is still not over his trauma ("his inner demons caused by Reynalle", as you say) yet, but is in the process of moving on and overcoming them.
On top of this, Issei still has to deal with the problems that come with having a harem.
My biggest wish is for Ise to overcome his nosebleed problems. I hope that Ise visit Greece and meet Aphrodite, she probably fix that in a snap of a finger.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life