AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-05-05, 20:20   Link #2061
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You need to get rid of the torpedo: they are meaningless there.
Try to craft more ASW equipments.

And yeah, support fleet works well if you have proper equipment for it.
Old 2014-05-05, 20:54   Link #2062
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, ditch the torpedos, and grab sonar or depth charges for E-4, as ASW equipment increases sub-fighting capabilities of your ships by a surprising degree.

For ASW in general, use a DD flagship, and use the 10/10/10/20 recipe.

My own team was 4 DDs with 10cm, Type 3s, and Damecon, Yuubari with Type 3s and Damecon, and Ise with 2 Gyros and 2 Zuiuns.
Old 2014-05-05, 21:22   Link #2063
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
My own team was 4 DDs with 10cm, Type 3s, and Damecon, Yuubari with Type 3s and Damecon, and Ise with 2 Gyros and 2 Zuiuns.
10cm? Shouldn't I go full ASW for the DD instead? Also, the pre-boss node hurts way too much and I'm trying to find a way to deal with them without the Damecon since I need all the extra firepower I can get.

Side note: I got 2 three stars anti-sub radar, and it made the whole different world. Before my fleet would miss half of the shot and now they hit everything.
Old 2014-05-05, 21:39   Link #2064
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
10cm? Shouldn't I go full ASW for the DD instead?[/B].
I was too chicken at the pre-boss to full commit to ASW, especially given the stupid Wo-Kai that was there.

In any case, even a single sonar of any type allocated a single slot is USUALLY enough to one-shot any sub with less than 34 HP. The effects of ASW equipment is multiplicative, after all.
Old 2014-05-05, 23:49   Link #2065
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
10cm? Shouldn't I go full ASW for the DD instead? Also, the pre-boss node hurts way too much and I'm trying to find a way to deal with them without the Damecon since I need all the extra firepower I can get.

Side note: I got 2 three stars anti-sub radar, and it made the whole different world. Before my fleet would miss half of the shot and now they hit everything.
Quote:
I was too chicken at the pre-boss to full commit to ASW, especially given the stupid Wo-Kai that was there.

In any case, even a single sonar of any type allocated a single slot is USUALLY enough to one-shot any sub with less than 34 HP. The effects of ASW equipment is multiplicative, after all.
When I was clearing the map I did several conventional approaches such as line abreast / double line the pre-boss node, or bringing some AA such as 10cm HA guns and Sanshiki etc etc, and later resorted to support fleet.

Now that I'm farming it though, I got tired of watching my loss count go skyrocket, after which I came to the conclusion that I'm better off going screw "AA / defensive maneuvers / support fleet" mode and all out line ahead the pre-boss node as I get the same number of red DDs on average anyway.

I gave my BBV 3 guns + 1 T-32 Radar, and only T-3 Sonar/DC + Damecon on my DDs/CL

The results were surprisingly pleasant:

Spoiler for screenshots:

WoKai does single digit damage to my DDs during the air strike and misses like 70% of the time during shelling phase. If anything it's the Ta-class that's responsible for most of my red ships, and even she could rarely one shot my DDs. Usually my DDs go red from getting attacked again after being orange.

It probably won't work for everyone, but hey it wouldn't hurt to try
...So yea, if you dare, give it a shot.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 06:53   Link #2066
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I presume you sparkled your fleet before going in? Those runs look like the work of an evasion boost or a pretty good run of luck to me.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 07:02   Link #2067
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It only works if you have a sonar type 3, along with a DD of lvl50+ and if the battle setup is not head-on / red T cross. And that's assuming your ship is in green or yellow condition.

You will fail one shot attempts if you don't have a second ASW equipment and if you are a wee bit unlucky.
10cm hardly help against wo class, considering the abysmal low AA for DD in general.
Old 2014-05-06, 07:14   Link #2068
usspaul

hurray ! I finally finished e-5. the amount of rage this map has put me through was through the roof. There was times I felt like sinking all my girls on purpose due to how many times they would get crid and I had to back out. Their was even times with everyone full sparkle my girls were getting crid sometimes on the first node. but finally my hard work and countless buckets and steel has paid off. I will tell you their were moments I got so pissed off I was swearing at them. infact my most cursed ships had to be kaga and akagi my highest lvl carrier and almost all the time one or the other would get crid in almost every sortie. I mean it too I had shoukaku as my 3rd cv and she was dodging like crazy I mean the enemy missed her more time then they missed my bbs and she was my lowest ranking ship I brought out at a wooping 42 when I started using her. oh man though I am so happy specially considering my support fleet didn't come on the last sortie but yamato as flag ship set things up for kongo to get the honors of finishing her off. while mutsu decided she was gonna be stupid and target that damned princess and funny thing is she nearly killed it too after mutsu ripped her one she was left with only 20 hp. so close of getting an S rank. sadly if I was able to bring a 4th bb I probably could have received it too. the only problem was I seemed to have had worse luck with the 4bb 2cv set up since I could never make it without one of my bbs going to red.
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 07:23   Link #2069
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
WoKai does single digit damage to my DDs during the air strike and misses like 70% of the time during shelling phase. If anything it's the Ta-class that's responsible for most of my red ships, and even she could rarely one shot my DDs. Usually my DDs go red from getting attacked again after being orange.

It probably won't work for everyone, but hey it wouldn't hurt to try
...So yea, if you dare, give it a shot.
I guess it only work because your fleet is already at high level. I haven't even be able to see the boss because of those 2 ships. Sparkling doesn't seem like it help much in my case where all of my ship are around at 20s with the exception of Yuudachi and Shimakaze. Wo will hit every time, and Ta brought at least 1 ship to red all the time.

Support fleet doesn't help against the top 2 ships which are the main obstacle, too.
Old 2014-05-06, 07:31   Link #2070
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
hurray ! I finally finished e-5. the amount of rage this map has put me through was through the roof. There was times I felt like sinking all my girls on purpose due to how many times they would get crid and I had to back out. Their was even times with everyone full sparkle my girls were getting crid sometimes on the first node. but finally my hard work and countless buckets and steel has paid off. I will tell you their were moments I got so pissed off I was swearing at them. infact my most cursed ships had to be kaga and akagi my highest lvl carrier and almost all the time one or the other would get crid in almost every sortie. I mean it too I had shoukaku as my 3rd cv and she was dodging like crazy I mean the enemy missed her more time then they missed my bbs and she was my lowest ranking ship I brought out at a wooping 42 when I started using her. oh man though I am so happy specially considering my support fleet didn't come on the last sortie but yamato as flag ship set things up for kongo to get the honors of finishing her off. while mutsu decided she was gonna be stupid and target that damned princess and funny thing is she nearly killed it too after mutsu ripped her one she was left with only 20 hp. so close of getting an S rank. sadly if I was able to bring a 4th bb I probably could have received it too. the only problem was I seemed to have had worse luck with the 4bb 2cv set up since I could never make it without one of my bbs going to red.
With all due respect, I really think you'd better not take part of any end event if you keep that mindset.
The game is inherently RNG dependant, so it is a huge matter of patience and persistence, so breaking a fuse to that extent won't do any good. Hell, CV not getting crit is abnormal, considering they have vastly lower armor than BB.
If anything, you got quite lucky that you could finish this event despite your shoukaku is barely lvl42.
Quote:
I guess it only work because your fleet is already at high level. I haven't even be able to see the boss because of those 2 ships. Sparkling doesn't seem like it help much in my case where all of my ship are around at 20s with the exception of Yuudachi and Shimakaze. Wo will hit every time, and Ta brought at least 1 ship to red all the time.

Support fleet doesn't help against the top 2 ships which are the main obstacle, too.
Grind your DD to lvl50+ before doing E4. If your HQ level is indeed 80+, you are not going to succeed with measely lvl20. Hell, I'm not even sure if it is possible to do E4 with the same fleet, but with a HQ level of 79 or less.

Support can actually damage the Ta class, which is a lifesaver. If it deals with the CA, CL etc, it will help as well since your BB might crit the Ta class as there are less targets.
Old 2014-05-06, 07:55   Link #2071
usspaul

I only started getting really mad when for some reason I just couldn't get kills after constant tring and losing just about all my steel and buckets. if I had more of them I wouldn't have been as mad. but as it started getting closer to the end of the event and I barely had enough buckets to do my 3 attempts a day and with only a couple of days left with which I wouldn't have been able to play before the event ended again and I wanted to get the that ship and complete the whole event. so really it was just that last kill that was making me mad. Prior to it after taken some of your and laterns advice on how to set up my ships things started going pretty smooth. it was ever 4th or so attempt I would kill the boss until I got to that last one were everything decided to go down hill and big time. shoukaku is now lvl 60 so she went from 42-60 just from this event.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:01   Link #2072
RapidPotential

It's all right to blow a fuse or two, considering I also went through countless fits of rage during the event, but these should never lead to any thought of pushing through when any one of your girls are in red condition. I've been really protective of my own daughters ever since I sunk the last one (a Naka) some three months ago during a spate of awful luck (she was orange when I entered battle but was brought to red by opening torp strikes; she sunk because the damned sub decided to go for her on the closing strike). The feeling was quite simply put, awful, especially since this game gives the ships personalities and therefore, it's quite easy to get attached to them after some time.

I'm seriously regretting sinking any one of the six or seven I have had throughout my 6 months in the game, especially since I have not even gotten some of them since I last sunk them (Akagi and Hiryuu, namely).

On the note of my progress, I'm sparkling my ships for the remaining 3 HP of the boss gauge. Tomorrow's my personal deadline as I aim to farm E-3 for Zuikaku immediately after I complete E-4.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:11   Link #2073
usspaul

I did not sink any girls in this event. I contiplated it several time but each time I pulled out even when I wanted to push forward. the only time I ever went forward was when I put a repair goddess on the ship or had the other decome. the thing that really hurt me was not having buckets and enough steel. I have only a little over 1000 steal left after this even and 0 buckets. when the next event comes im gonna make sure I have more buckets more then 200 and enough steel and more high lvl girls.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:14   Link #2074
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Being annoyed by the game and its mechanics is natural, considering how the difficulty is quite artificial in many occasions (Fall E4 is the king of that. Spring event is nowhere close to that RNG festival).

But I really had to point out that going all out and lash out on the ships themselves isn't a good idea (either because one will just push with someone in red condition, or deliberately sinking/scraping them) and goes against the concept of the game.
In fact, it isn't even a game anymore at that point.

It is actually the kind of behaviour that became more and more prevalent these days, when the hype bandwagon shew up. I'm particularly not fancying the second wave with the upcoming anime, considering people will not expect a game that blunt and harsh with RNG, leading to even more casualties and what not.

It is exactly because of that I don't even bother checking event and construction pages of the english wiki. So many complaints and clueless questions without actually documenting themselves, leading to complaints about the ships and game mechanics without actually preparing themselves properly.
I mean, I'm baffled to see some people complaining about the damage output on the E3 and E5 boss without realizing that sanshikidan is mandatory (despite it is clearly indicated on the event page), and even moreso those who barely have lvl40 ships for that event.

Not trying to sound elitist whatsoever, but the mentality over there warped in a very ugly way already.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:25   Link #2075
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

My first and only one that's sunk is my Yuudachi, and since then I have always be careful not to risk a single girl in my fleet. There were also cases where blood rushed to my head and I have to stop playing for half a day. The RNG is brutal, but it's not like you can do anything about it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Grind your DD to lvl50+ before doing E4. If your HQ level is indeed 80+, you are not going to succeed with measely lvl20. Hell, I'm not even sure if it is possible to do E4 with the same fleet, but with a HQ level of 79 or less.

Support can actually damage the Ta class, which is a lifesaver. If it deals with the CA, CL etc, it will help as well since your BB might crit the Ta class as there are less targets.
I guess I should go back and grind my DDs. Was trying to break through it early since I heard the level scaling isn't merciful, and my HQ level is at 78 already.
Old 2014-05-06, 08:29   Link #2076
usspaul

I don't plan on ever sinking any of the girls. but I know I am clumsy with the mouse where I sometimes click the wrong thing and end up sending wrong fleets for expiditions or wrong format because I accidently click the wrong one. ive done that on several occasions and kicked myself for it. but dispite how much they get me mad I have yet to sink another ship. my first time was went I was new to the game and I felt bad for sinking the ship. hell I only scrap the ships I have doubles of i actually have almost one of every ship in the game even if i don't use them lol.

e-5 was every hard cause of my admiral lvl being 98 and i only have one ship that is 90 and up. so e-5 was a bit of a nightmare and at first i only had 1 sanshikidan and now i have 4 and 4 of the ap bullet which before i was having a hard time getting before. now most of my most use bbs are in the 80s vs what they were before. oh and all i had was 2 type 46. and just barely enough 41cms to give to my 5 main bbs
Old 2014-05-06, 09:10   Link #2077
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I presume you sparkled your fleet before going in? Those runs look like the work of an evasion boost or a pretty good run of luck to me.
Nope, I never bothered to sparkle my fleet for any map, especially not for a farming run.
You gotta trust your DDs more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
going all out and lash out on the ships themselves isn't a good idea
This.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 09:47   Link #2078
RapidPotential

Well, I have abysmal luck so I'm hoping sparkling would help to turn things in my favour. I'm counting on you now girls. Going for E-4's throat now.
Old 2014-05-06, 10:17   Link #2079
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
It's all right to blow a fuse or two, considering I also went through countless fits of rage during the event, but these should never lead to any thought of pushing through when any one of your girls are in red condition. I've been really protective of my own daughters ever since I sunk the last one (a Naka) some three months ago during a spate of awful luck (she was orange when I entered battle but was brought to red by opening torp strikes; she sunk because the damned sub decided to go for her on the closing strike). The feeling was quite simply put, awful, especially since this game gives the ships personalities and therefore, it's quite easy to get attached to them after some time.

I'm seriously regretting sinking any one of the six or seven I have had throughout my 6 months in the game, especially since I have not even gotten some of them since I last sunk them (Akagi and Hiryuu, namely).

On the note of my progress, I'm sparkling my ships for the remaining 3 HP of the boss gauge. Tomorrow's my personal deadline as I aim to farm E-3 for Zuikaku immediately after I complete E-4.
I don't know, but i thought the bold is not possible to happen?
Old 2014-05-06, 10:27   Link #2080
RapidPotential

Happened to me that one time. I don't have any other singular instance of that happening (nor do I ever want that to happen again) to back it up, unfortunately.

On a more surprising node, S-ranked boss twice in a row now, and got Kinugasa at last. After nearly six months of playing! Now to attempt that last kill so I can finally farm for Zuikaku. I lost a day of playing yesterday, so this is to make up for it.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls