AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-04, 19:39   Link #101
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Thats a bit debatable I think. Many Tigers were organized to specifically hunt & destroy Allied vehicles. Lets not forget Michael Wittmann, he was especially skilled in offensive maneuver with the Tiger tank.

Oh that, I noticed that months ago. Has not yet died down? Who won?

- Tak

The thing is that Allied equivalents such as the KV-85 and the M26 Pershing all weighed 10 tons less for comparable armour protection, firepower and better mobility, and that's only one area that the Tiger had major issues. Not only that, Sherman Fireflies were hell on German tanks (a single Firefly destroyed three Tigers in 12 minutes with five shots during Normandy for example), and their production run was greater than the combined Tiger I and II output. Ultimately the Centurion and T-54 tanks would prove to be better overall cost-effective designs.

(As for the SW vs. WH40K, that's leaning more towards SW but debates never really die down on SB, only lay dormant before flaring up again.)
Old 2010-01-25, 23:11   Link #102
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Recently, on the fanart page, we've been trying to figure out what VC's weapons would evolve into in more modern setting (with everything otherwise being identical).

I know this is a giant bump, but you can get why I did it. Perhaps we don't need a "Gallia: Modern Combat" thread after all.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:16   Link #103
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

i think most people left though :/
Old 2010-01-25, 23:18   Link #104
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

That was a "Look what I found" post anyway.
Old 2010-01-26, 01:48   Link #105
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm still struggling to which side arm a modern Gallian militia would use. I was thinking about the Hi Power since I'm trying to portray the militia as a few generations behind contemporary forces.

My drawings have the standard rifles as the HK33, G41 and G3 which are outdated and are being phased out by countries that can afford to do so.

The game had a Mauser HSc used by Alicia in the ruins when confronting Max and Selvaria.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-01-26, 11:44   Link #106
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'm trying to make a full listing of all camouflage patterns available in this world to make a choice for my Gallian soldiers in present day. But since I only know about what American (ACU's universal camouflage pattern, USMC's MARPAT), Canadian (CADPAT) and British (DPM) camo patterns look like, I'd need your help about what's done elsewhere.

Anyway, based on the 7s' campaigns, what kind of pattern would fit them best according to you? I'm open to all opinions.

@fallschirmjager: a Beretta 92FS as a sidearm is still fine as this one has been around for a long time (almost 40 years).

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2010-01-26 at 15:36.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:10   Link #107
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I'm trying to make a full listing of all camouflage patterns available in this world to make a choice for my Gallian soldiers in present day. But since I only know about what American (ACU's universal camouflage pattern, USMC's MARPAT), Canadian (CADPAT) and British (DPM) camo patterns look like, I'd need your help about what's done elsewhere.

Anyway, based on the 7s' campaigns, what kind of pattern would fit them best according to you? I'm open to all opinions.

@fallschirmjager: a Beretta 92FS as a sidearm is still fine as this one has been around for a long time (almost 40 years).
the germans use flecktarn today, i've actually got a few suits xD, not sure about the russians...do they even standardize xD j/k

the '92 is too popular imo i'd prefer the HP
Old 2010-01-26, 21:28   Link #108
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I might go with a SiG P228 since it'll be a smaller frame for Alicia to use. Make an exception for her. ;D

As for camo ideas. I'm simply doing the Darcson pattern of the tanks on a smaller scale for the soldiers. Nearly plotted out all of the equipment I'll draw Alicia with as a modern day scout.

Old 2010-02-08, 23:11   Link #109
Snowman24

I'm currently writing a Valkyria Chronicles fanfic and was wondering.

What does or do you think Ragnaid really does??. Is it the same as morphine and just relieves pain or does it actually heal wounds, ie closing them up, stop bleeding and regenerate lost tissue.

I'm trying to decide how to write this, cuz I got a scene coming up where they use Ragnaid. I know that in the game it regenerates lost health after being shot/blown up and such.
Old 2010-02-08, 23:28   Link #110
DC20

There's a very wide range of ideas of what Ragnaid actually does. Here's what the game says in the file...

Medical scientists recently learned that the ore also acts as
a painkiller, developing a controlled disinfectant and restorative agent known
as Ragnaid.

That doesn't really give a whole lot to go on. From what that says, it works as a painkiller along with healing actual damage and cleaning wounds.

That all said, most interpretations on the stuff vary widely from fic to fic. I've seen it do everything from healing up damaged wounds to extracting bullets. What you do with it is really your call. Nobody's going to condemn you for however you interpret it. It's all very vague.

For my own story, I just use it as a painkiller and nothing more. Like morphine. No regenerating or disinfecting qualities, and it's also carried in a syrette instead of a capsule. I haven't received any criticism for changing it a bit. I doubt anyone would chew you out for however you decide to interpret it.
Old 2010-02-08, 23:49   Link #111
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

I actually figure Ragnaid to be somesort of amphetamine, akin to Meth. I've been considering incorperating that into my VC/RA crossover, with the Soviet troops actually using the stuff for the sole purpose of getting high off it. Since many actual medicine are addictive in real life (such as the aformentioned Morphine), I figure it wouldn't be too far off.
Old 2010-02-09, 00:02   Link #112
Runty

In my story, I have Ragnaid both work as a painkiller and as a minor healing compound, though I also have a personal addition: overexposure to Ragnaid can cause severe health complications. I really think that's something people should add. After all, too much of a good thing generally turns into something bad.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:28   Link #113
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

That seems to be related to my "Ragnaphetamine", though that's use when not injured. Seeing it used akin to the Wehrmacht's Pervitin doesn't seem implausible.
Old 2010-02-10, 19:35   Link #114
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Double post, I know. But...

On the topic of Modern VC, I say, based off the T-MAG series, Gallia actually develops what are basically AK-series rifles firing 7.92mm kurz ammo, given the resemblences that series bares to the StG-44 earlier on, and to the Kalashnikov weapons after the T-MAG 10. The Mags family as a whole - the T-MAG and earlier Mags 1-4 in particular - strongly resemble Eastern European assault weapons (if you also include Germany).
Old 2010-02-11, 18:47   Link #115
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Double post, I know. But...

On the topic of Modern VC, I say, based off the T-MAG series, Gallia actually develops what are basically AK-series rifles firing 7.92mm kurz ammo, given the resemblences that series bares to the StG-44 earlier on, and to the Kalashnikov weapons after the T-MAG 10. The Mags family as a whole - the T-MAG and earlier Mags 1-4 in particular - strongly resemble Eastern European assault weapons (if you also include Germany).
Spoiler for Size:

hmm, the T-Mags' keeps the Stg stock, anything forward the magazine well/ rear sight is modified, but the 47 isn't the only gun with a gas operating chamber above the barrel, and in the fashion. In particular several rifles have the tube at a 90 degree angle not slanted like the k.
Old 2010-03-20, 13:44   Link #116
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

It was a simple musing - when I first saw the T-MAG 10 I was put in mind of Red Alert 3's ADK-45 (the resident AK-47 clone), and as such, assumed that VC's universe would see Kalashnikov weapons being those of the 'good guys'. It actually sorta makes me a little bit giddy, thinking of the AK series rifles with the wood replaced with the blue coloration used by the Gallians (in fact, VC3, IMO, should make use of the appearance similarities, and give Gallia, not the Empire, an AK-pattern battle rifle.)
Old 2010-03-20, 16:53   Link #117
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

If you assumed Gallia did follow a weapons program like the STG44, then they'd eventually end up at the MKb Gerät 06 phase which was to be dubbed the STG45 and is what eventually inspired the CETME rifles and such, the HK G3 range of weapons.

See, there is some method to my madness...

Old 2010-03-20, 20:17   Link #118
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Well, compare a picture of the T-Mag 10/11/12 and T-Mag 20 to a picture of the HK G3 and to a picture of an AK. Judging off that evolution, I would think that it would continue evolving. A Modern Gallia probably uses something that looks like an AK-100 series rifle.
Old 2010-04-26, 20:09   Link #119
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
I'll just leave this here...

Fact: as impressive as things like the <i>Marmota</i> might be, their practicality in a contemporary environment is open to debate (recall that Mobile Suit Gundam had to resort to 'Minovskiy Physics' handwaving to remove BVR combat from the equation). This does not make them any less handy as boss units in games, which is what those folks at Petroglyph were apparently thinking for their latest project under development - End of Nations. A trailer or two, and a dev diary, can already be seen at GameTrailers.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:03   Link #120
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Fact: as impressive as things like the <i>Marmota</i> might be, their practicality in a contemporary environment is open to debate (recall that Mobile Suit Gundam had to resort to 'Minovskiy Physics' handwaving to remove BVR combat from the equation). This does not make them any less handy as boss units in games, which is what those folks at Petroglyph were apparently thinking for their latest project under development - End of Nations. A trailer or two, and a dev diary, can already be seen at GameTrailers.
Another Fact: The Nazis tried it. Twice. Probably the least plausible thing the Nazis tried to do, but when you consider the Ratte and Munster, suddenly the Marmota with the Valkof looks something like an overpowered version of the Schwere Gustav cannon (I mean, think of the silhouette that thing has. Now think of Gustav.) When you consider that the Ratte would have sat between the Batomys and Marmota in terms of size scale... yeah.
Closed Thread