AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 11:23   Link #1161
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
They were probably losing ratings at the middle and decided to go on a different direction with the story. I still haven't watched the last 3 episodes, I felt the anime died already. I lost interest when the story lost its plot and no one really knows wth is going on with the anime anymore.
like many have said before, they had too many characters. Eclipse was forced into the story so they could have a lot of songs to market OST and they displaced all the other characters. It seemed to me like the show was more about Eclipse than about Basquash at the end.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:37   Link #1162
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well it turned out to be a "meh" ending afterall and was within expectations. This really was a series gone bad from the initial "awesome" few episodes...a shame really :/
The plot was all over the place and in the end I can't do much but laugh at the stupidity of it...hah...

Well at least the music for the series was great and I am currently looping the "idol attack" album

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:48   Link #1163
Midonin
Last Engage

Overall, it still turned out to be one of my favorites from these past two cours. I thought the concept of "giant robot basketball" not worth watching at first, but the show's cast of characters and the way it went through with its concept were overall handled pretty well. The music was excellent, and even if they ended up stealing the show, Eclipse were still fun to watch.

Spoiler for Though I will say the image of:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 20:18   Link #1164
Kiyosuki

That's it huh?

Spoiler for the whole series maybe. Not really, I left it vague but I'm playing it safe.:
Kiyosuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 16:54   Link #1165
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I just watched episodes 22-24 in like 10 minutes. WTF is going on lawl. I lost interest in this anime a while back, but was curious as to how they were going to end it...and seriously? Wtf happened? This isn't the same basquash that i enjoyed at the beginning of the season. How'd they screw it up so hard? Plus, the last few episodes have sucked so much that i don't know what to say to this at all.....*sigh* Everything feels stupid or rushed or something, i can't find the right description for it. It just...sucks.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:52   Link #1166
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I just watched episodes 22-24 in like 10 minutes. WTF is going on lawl. I lost interest in this anime a while back, but was curious as to how they were going to end it...and seriously? Wtf happened? This isn't the same basquash that i enjoyed at the beginning of the season. How'd they screw it up so hard? Plus, the last few episodes have sucked so much that i don't know what to say to this at all.....*sigh* Everything feels stupid or rushed or something, i can't find the right description for it. It just...sucks.
I see that even though there are a few people that are ok with the the way the show went, the consensus of the majority is disppointment of how a show with such a brilliant start went down hill. This is an example of how a show can go wrong when the main premise of the show is to be a big commercial for a shoe and promotion for the OST.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:13   Link #1167
Kiavik

I don't see why everyone is so negative about the last part of the show. I found it to be as zany and entertaining as the very first part set in Rolling Town. Except this time there was, you know, a PLOT, one that actually has been foreshadowed since like... more than half of the series. And perfectly in tune with the overall mood of the series, it was batshit insane, but original and awesome in a way. Maybe everyone is disappointed since they didnt expect THIS much crazyness. I don't know.
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:20   Link #1168
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
I don't see why everyone is so negative about the last part of the show. I found it to be as zany and entertaining as the very first part set in Rolling Town. Except this time there was, you know, a PLOT, one that actually has been foreshadowed since like... more than half of the series. And perfectly in tune with the overall mood of the series, it was batshit insane, but original and awesome in a way. Maybe everyone is disappointed since they didnt expect THIS much crazyness. I don't know.

There's a fine line between "good craziness" and "border-line retarded craziness"...the beginning of the series was "good craziness", something you can take. The most recent crap was just boring, predictable, stupid, rushed yet slow,...everything was just executed badly.

What i probably mean to say is, there was TONS of potential in this anime. However, the way they directed certain scenes just made the whole series go to shit. The latter portion (and don't even give the excuse of there being a "plot") of this series is so different from the beginning (again not because of plot) in terms of direction and how things are portrayed.

Though animation does not matter as much as the direction of the anime, the inconsistencies in the drawings reallllly ticked me off too.

I really want to see the ending now, not because it's good, but just so i can close this damn series...there have been far too many series this season that started out really good with loads of potential, only to have a fail ending during the last few episodes (lawl @ phantom)...except Basquash went to shit earlier than Phantom.
Old 2009-10-06, 02:09   Link #1169
Kiavik

Quote:
There's a fine line between "good craziness" and "border-line retarded craziness"...the beginning of the series was "good craziness", something you can take. The most recent crap was just boring, predictable, stupid, rushed yet slow,...everything was just executed badly.

What i probably mean to say is, there was TONS of potential in this anime. However, the way they directed certain scenes just made the whole series go to shit. The latter portion (and don't even give the excuse of there being a "plot") of this series is so different from the beginning (again not because of plot) in terms of direction and how things are portrayed.

Though animation does not matter as much as the direction of the anime, the inconsistencies in the drawings reallllly ticked me off too.

I really want to see the ending now, not because it's good, but just so i can close this damn series...there have been far too many series this season that started out really good with loads of potential, only to have a fail ending during the last few episodes (lawl @ phantom)...except Basquash went to shit earlier than Phantom.
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe you found stuff like episode 22 executed badly. I found the directing and animation of that episode really excellent. The showdown between Dan and Rouge was really perfectly made, IMHO. And no, it was not different from the beginning episodes in term of direction. It really paralleled the climax in episode 7, for example. But to each its own. You said you watched 3 episodes in 10 minutes, you must've skipped all the good parts
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:40   Link #1170
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe you found stuff like episode 22 executed badly. I found the directing and animation of that episode really excellent. The showdown between Dan and Rouge was really perfectly made, IMHO. And no, it was not different from the beginning episodes in term of direction. It really paralleled the climax in episode 7, for example. But to each its own. You said you watched 3 episodes in 10 minutes, you must've skipped all the good parts
one or two episodes well done, don't excuse the rest of the crap. If you look in a big pile of trash your are bound to find something good. Now, don't get me wrong, I liked the show in the early episodes, I just think that they deviated too much from the early vision of the show and it was not for the better.
Old 2009-10-06, 13:29   Link #1171
Zhaozhou

There is one thing to specify: the sponsors of Basquash are Sankyo and Pony Canyon. The sponsors of an anime are visible on the raws after the op. Nike just allowed Basquash creators to use the design of their shoes, but since they aren't a sponsor they don't have any creative control over Basquash. Romain said on Catsuka people of Nike were actually positively impressed with the first episodes of Basquash. It is not Nike that ruined Basquash. In fact, the shoes were more noticeable in the first part of the anime than in the latter.

That said, while the first director, Itagaki, knew nothing of basket, at least he decided to put a lot of basket action in the his episodes. The new director, Sato, seems to have decided to do things differently in this department.
Zhaozhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 15:54   Link #1172
Kiyosuki

The ending's not bad. A bit anime cliche but not bad. It pretty much cements that Eclipse stole the show (and not in the great way particularly) but it wasn't a bad conclusion. It's just the meandering, nothing direction of the rest of the series. An incredible beginning, then 18 or so episodes out of a 26-er where the show just wanders with minimal growth, then an okay ending. It was just too late. A decent ending riding on the shoulders of glorified filler episodes is almost irrelevant.

In retrospect it's not a bad series, it's just so disappointing because it's only a fraction of how good it looked like it was shaping up to be.
Kiyosuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 04:24   Link #1173
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyosuki View Post
The ending's not bad. A bit anime cliche but not bad. It pretty much cements that Eclipse stole the show (and not in the great way particularly) but it wasn't a bad conclusion.
haven't watched episode 26 yet but I agree how Eclipse seems to have taken the spotlight, overshadowing Dan and everything else. I still don't get how that spaceship came into being.... awakened by Eclipse's song? really, I thought the girls aren't the legend? That was just so random.

Chrome Shelled Regios

Last edited by blewin; 2009-10-09 at 23:08. Reason: the girls AREN'T the legend
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 06:10   Link #1174
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
haven't watched episode 26 yet but I agree how Eclipse seems to have taken the spotlight, overshadowing Dan and everything else. I still don't get how that spaceship came into being.... awakened by Eclipse's song? really, I thought the girls are the legend? That was just so random.
it seems that having Dan in the spotlight was not working for them , so they brought Eclipse.
It reminds me of how Sharyl in macross frontier took a different path (i think for the better) and made the show much better by changing the original vision of the character. I think this time, it backfired on them.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:52   Link #1175
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well it was a good....half of an anime atleast, which is more then I can say for alot of things last season.

*joins DKZ in listening to the Albums again*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:11   Link #1176
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it seems that having Dan in the spotlight was not working for them , so they brought Eclipse.
It reminds me of how Sharyl in macross frontier took a different path (i think for the better) and made the show much better by changing the original vision of the character. I think this time, it backfired on them.
Ugh i hated that end though. No conclusion? No Sheryl x Alto?
Old 2009-10-09, 21:06   Link #1177
golthin

Quote:
Ugh i hated that end though. No conclusion? No Sheryl x Alto?
that is a differrent issues that has nothing to do with my example here.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:35   Link #1178
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I liked Dan - yeah, he is dumb, but he is realistically dumb (as opposed to stereotypically dumb shonen hero).
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:09   Link #1179
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
I liked Dan - yeah, he is dumb, but he is realistically dumb (as opposed to stereotypically dumb shonen hero).
hey, can you elaborate more? How's he realistically dumb?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 06:57   Link #1180
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha @ the last episode.

Yeah, it must have been the shoes.

Wanna save the world kids? Well then you better get your Nikes ready... they really had to whore themselves up for the last episode huh?
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen