Old 2014-08-08, 00:32   Link #101
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Hmm... I see familiar faces here...
anyways Thank you TP for basically finishing vol 1. lol

Time to feast on Ryuzu ;3 -itadakimasu-
Old 2014-08-08, 17:05   Link #102
kakarotlssj

Reading volume 1 makes me wonder if the genius Y is actually future naoto who goes back in time with the help of Y-series. If he already has automata with imaginary time and dimension bending then its not farfetched to think he will gain time traveling too. And tastes of Y and Naoto match too much when it comes to making automata. Genius like Naoto dont pop up just like that and it seems like he has potential to create clockwork planet someday.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 17:11   Link #103
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotlssj View Post
Reading volume 1 makes me wonder if the genius Y is actually future naoto who goes back in time with the help of Y-series. If he already has automata with imaginary time and dimension bending then its not farfetched to think he will gain time traveling too. And tastes of Y and Naoto match too much when it comes to making automata. Genius like Naoto dont pop up just like that and it seems like he has potential to create clockwork planet someday.
That's not a bad idea.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 17:39   Link #104
Vezon

Thanks Teh_Ping for vol.1!

So Naoto a genius because his sensitive hearing allows him to hear gears that are not working properly. Yet he has never made automata himself. Makes me question if he later going to be a master inventor or a talented repairman.
Old 2014-08-08, 18:06   Link #105
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post

So Naoto a genius because his sensitive hearing allows him to hear gears that are not working properly. Yet he has never made automata himself. Makes me question if he later going to be a master inventor or talented repairman.
Not hearing really. Noise cancelers neutralize all sound. As Halter and Marie noted, his ability is more like a super power.

He's not exactly a genius either. He can hear super well, but that doesn't make him any smarter since he lacks technical knowledge.
Old 2014-08-08, 18:12   Link #106
kakarotlssj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post

So Naoto a genius because his sensitive hearing allows him to hear gears that are not working properly. Yet he has never made automata himself. Makes me question if he later going to be a master inventor or a talented repairman.
You should notice that he was trying to create his automata right before the container smashed his house but couldnt as he lacked resources to get the parts. As an amateur he still can assemble simple automata which shows he has no lack in talent and when he sees Marie in action, he wishes to do the same too. How epilogue compares Marie and Naoto's combination to be able to reach Y someday in future and how RyuZU acts makes me think he can be Y, cause Marie might be a Meister but it will be far useful in Naoto's hand and its pretty high probability that he might become one.
Old 2014-08-08, 18:18   Link #107
bakato

Quote:
You should notice that he was trying to create his automata right before the container smashed his house but couldnt as he lacked resources to get the parts. As an amateur he still can assemble simple automata which shows he has no lack in talent and when he sees Marie in action, he wishes to do the same too. How epilogue compares Marie and Naoto's combination to be able to reach Y someday in future and how RyuZU acts makes me think he can be Y, cause Marie might be a Meister but it will be far useful in Naoto's hand and its pretty high probability that he might become one.
That only demonstrates motivation and dedication. It in no way implies talent.

Quote:
It then took him two years of countless failures before he finally managed to piece the automata into shape.

He spent such a long time building the automata, but was unable to take a step forward.

The issues were because he could not get the spring, and also because of Naoto himself.

Naoto often neglected his well-being due to his fanaticism with mechanics, but his technical ability was medicore.

--It was true that as an amateur, he did learn quite a bit, his hands were nimble, and certainly no way untalented.

But that was the limit.

Leaving aside the fact that he was unable purchase the orthodox spare parts to assemble it, he did not have any expertise and technical skills in re-assembling an automata through the use of faulty parts.
Old 2014-08-08, 18:40   Link #108
kakarotlssj

Right now he neither has self-confidence nor technical expertise but those are things he has just started gaining starting the end of volume 1. How much he will grow depends on future volumes but that opens up possibility for him being Y and why Y was able to have such skills 1000 years ago from current timeline and why he creates his Initial Y-series.
Old 2014-08-08, 20:10   Link #109
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Right now he neither has self-confidence nor technical expertise but those are things he has just started gaining starting the end of volume 1. How much he will grow depends on future volumes but that opens up possibility for him being Y and why Y was able to have such skills 1000 years ago from current timeline and why he creates his Initial Y-series.
Exactly. I don't know how I would feel about the story going 180 in a sense and saying that Naota is Y but w/e.

We still have a long ways to go anyways. We still need to learn who Y is and why he created the Y-series. This should all be happening while they are doing 'terrorist' acts and probably rescuing (or fighting) RuyZU's 3 (if not more) sisters.

Also the thing about his growth; he should grow exponentially if he has Marie helping him. She said “I'll personally teach you as compensation.” so assuming she is a good teacher and Naota is paying attention then we won't have to wait long.
Old 2014-08-10, 03:13   Link #110
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

C8 of the manga is out
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-09-09, 06:55   Link #111
Drahcir

I just read the latest chapter and volume 1's light novel. Love this manga/LN
To those translators if they ever see this. Thank you for the translation.

And thanks for the spoilers for volume 2 ~!

Last edited by Drahcir; 2014-09-09 at 06:57. Reason: Just wanted to add a sentence
Drahcir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 12:29   Link #112
XFire
150% done

So I just worked my way through the first 9 chapters of the manga, and damn this stuff is good.

Naoto is a rarity in that he is neither a "JUSTICE AND FRIENDSHIP" shonen hero nor a cynical anti-hero. He's just a machine nut with a weird ability. I'm loving his portrayal here.

RyuZu is pure win. A foul-mouthed dere-dere robot maid with her own feelings and motivations, not to mention she's got an OP Time-Stop ability and a pair of under the skirt pincer scythes.

Marie is interesting. She combines The Ace traits with a hotblooded sense of justice and damn if it doesn't work. Her interactions with Naoto as equal and opposing protagonists is extremely entertaining.

Not much on Halter. He appears to be the Only Sane Man here, and everything he has done has been badass.
Old 2014-09-18, 03:07   Link #113
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

its rude to ask but can someone spoil the event at Vol.2?
Old 2014-09-18, 03:42   Link #114
DarksLight21

Light novel volume 2 translation started,
only small part on prologue though...
Old 2014-09-20, 23:45   Link #115
casgoldsmith

VOL 2
!!!!

I want youuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 2014-09-23, 20:52   Link #116
bakato

New chapter out! Interesting. So this is how they became terrorists.
Old 2014-09-23, 23:07   Link #117
Brin A'sair

Where? I find nothing at hereticlnt's clockwork planet translation page.

[edit] Or do you mean the manga?

[edit 2] Nevermind; after looking around I confirmed it was the manga that updated.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 09:53   Link #118
DarksLight21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post

Where? I find nothing at hereticlnt's clockwork planet translation page.

[edit] Or do you mean the manga?

[edit 2] Nevermind; after looking around I confirmed it was the manga that updated.
yes, it's at heretic.
only small part of the prologue from volume 2, about 6 pages from 29 pages.

Last edited by DarksLight21; 2014-09-27 at 00:58. Reason: increase in pages translated
DarksLight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 22:41   Link #119
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Not so small now (like 10% of the volume).

At the rate this is going however, the story might end up being a UBW redux.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 08:57   Link #120
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
Not so small now (like 10% of the volume).

At the rate this is going however, the story might end up being a UBW redux.
UBW? Are you talking about Unlimited Blade Works?

Tags
fantasy, harem, kodansha ranobe, sci-fi, seinen, shounen