Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-08, 18:04   Link #121
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Well, according to MOONPHASE now, it's going to be a 24 episode series.
Well that's that, hopefully now people won't be so worried that the first episode was slow
Old 2006-01-08, 19:56   Link #122
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I love tonys art
Old 2006-01-08, 20:23   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Do you even know why the story is the way it is?

The whole point is to have legendary heroes from across time, space and myths all meeting and fighting for a great prize. The Holy Grail was one of the few things famous enough to fit the prize bracket. Anyway, it's not so much the Grail as what it grants...

And anyone who knows anything about Saber will know why the script writer would consider the Grail as the obvious prize for the story.

Every "Summon" has a true identity, which they would try to conceal for their own benefit. If people know who they really are, people would have an idea of how to defeat them. If you don't know who Saber is, I certainly don't want to tell you. I offered enough clues as it is. Just read this post and the post I made above to figure it out...
Let take a guess at sabre's id.

Spoiler:

Someone let me know if I am right or wrong.

PS. Anyone know where I canfind a description of all the characters? Don't mind spoilers
Old 2006-01-08, 20:28   Link #124
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Let take a guess at sabre's id.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Saber's true identity:
Quote:
PS. Anyone know where I canfind a description of all the characters? Don't mind spoilers
http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm

I also recommend their forums.

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/
Old 2006-01-08, 20:36   Link #125
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Someone let me know if I am right or wrong.
Saber might be Hassan Ibn Sabbah.
Old 2006-01-08, 21:01   Link #126
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Hmm, guys, I personally love spoilers and I don't mind people throwing them around since it is to be expected in here.

But I think there is one secret that is REALLY worth not spoiling at all for now... That is Archer's true identity. Can we keep it under wraps for the sake of the FSN newbies?

I really want to see people's reaction to that one if they ever reveal it in the show. 8)
Old 2006-01-08, 21:04   Link #127
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Hey i was close.

As much as I like to stare at busty pretty girl i really wish the japanese would stop drawing ancient heros as busty pretty young girls. Everytime i see a drawing or statue of GuanYu i am remind of his form in ikkotesan. Thats a really distrbuting
Old 2006-01-08, 23:03   Link #128
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I just posted my First Impressions of Fate/stay night on the ol' blog. It's got screencaps and the OP and ED!

Personally, I wanted more action and fighting. My favorite character has to be Fujimura-sensei, aka "Tiger!" This worries me, because I think I'm enjoying the slapstick parts more than the serious parts. Oh well.

It's starting out slowly, but I bet it'll get more interesting next week.
Old 2006-01-08, 23:17   Link #129
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Hmm, guys, I personally love spoilers and I don't mind people throwing them around since it is to be expected in here.

But I think there is one secret that is REALLY worth not spoiling at all for now... That is Archer's true identity. Can we keep it under wraps for the sake of the FSN newbies?

I really want to see people's reaction to that one if they ever reveal it in the show. 8)
With a name like Archer. isn't it obvious.

Archer is:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-08, 23:56   Link #130
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
With a name like Archer. isn't it obvious.

Archer is:

Spoiler:
Who? I'm sorry, I don't even know who that guy is.

But Yumi-Rin is my favorite duo. Red and black just matches so perfectly...especially Rin's very sexy absolute territory just makes me go moe~!! I wished Archer would've carried Rin princess-style when they jumped off the building, but his arms around her waist is still acceptable. Kya~!!
Old 2006-01-09, 00:41   Link #131
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I wished Archer would've carried Rin princess-style when they jumped off the building, but his arms around her waist is still acceptable. Kya~!!
If you think about it, that's the only scene from the whole game that made no sense.

Rin: "Alright, I'm off"
*jumps off skyscraper*

Shirou: ".....Tohsaka...use the stairs..."
Old 2006-01-09, 01:59   Link #132
kron

im pretty sure they will follow most of the 'fate' story line and plug in elements from UBW and HF. but that means i wont see a lot of rider action : ( rider without mask ftw!

Last edited by kron; 2006-01-09 at 02:11.
Old 2006-01-09, 02:49   Link #133
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I'm sure that they'll plug in some original Rider action.

I don't think the Rider VS Caster & Skeletons sequence from Curtain Raiser was in the game.
Old 2006-01-09, 03:02   Link #134
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Who? I'm sorry, I don't even know who that guy is.

But Yumi-Rin is my favorite duo. Red and black just matches so perfectly...especially Rin's very sexy absolute territory just makes me go moe~!! I wished Archer would've carried Rin princess-style when they jumped off the building, but his arms around her waist is still acceptable. Kya~!!
In the first place, how can Type Moon use characters from DC comics without permission?

Historically speaking, I think there are very few renowned archers with Rin's Archer's tanned dark skin. When talking about archers, the images that come into mind are usually such as the likes of Robin Hood, Artemis, Apollo, Genghis Khan, Huang Zhong and others. I know many others who use bows as well, but not as their primary weapon. And the strange part is, Archer class in Fate isn't really all that Archery in the first place. Then again I played the game, so I'm already spoiled.

I just hope they don't tone down too much character development that made the characters the awesome characters they were in Fate. The anime practically destroyed the meeting between Archer and Rin, unless they plan to do a flashback, which looks a bit hopeful in Anime Day 2. The Shirou/Sakura and Shirou/Dad scenes were decent so far, but Rin hasn't really done in much in the anime.

I know the game didn't really focus a lot on Rin/Archer in the beginning as well, but I thought several changes could be good. So in Day 1, it looks more like A Taiga/Shirou/Sakura centric series. Or maybe they're giving Sakura spotlight early on as later on, she practically vanishes? I hope not.

Fate anime needs more Rin, Archer, Illya and Souichirou. But I'm not very keen on Archer's more bulky look in the anime. Hope it's a one time thing since the preview made him thin down.
Old 2006-01-09, 03:53   Link #135
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I just hope they don't tone down too much character development that made the characters the awesome characters they were in Fate. The anime practically destroyed the meeting between Archer and Rin, unless they plan to do a flashback, which looks a bit hopeful in Anime Day 2. The Shirou/Sakura and Shirou/Dad scenes were decent so far, but Rin hasn't really done in much in the anime.

I know the game didn't really focus a lot on Rin/Archer in the beginning as well, but I thought several changes could be good. So in Day 1, it looks more like A Taiga/Shirou/Sakura centric series. Or maybe they're giving Sakura spotlight early on as later on, she practically vanishes? I hope not.

Fate anime needs more Rin, Archer, Illya and Souichirou. But I'm not very keen on Archer's more bulky look in the anime. Hope it's a one time thing since the preview made him thin down.

You can't possibly have everything in 24/26 eps. Normally everything in the games are more detailed but remember in the anime we only have (20 mins) * (24 or 26 eps).
Old 2006-01-09, 04:01   Link #136
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I know it's probably been said earlier but Shirou looks like a girl.

Less Shirou more Saber!
Old 2006-01-09, 04:04   Link #137
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Less Shirou more Saber!
Screw that...
Less Shirou, more RinXSaber <_<;;
Old 2006-01-09, 04:14   Link #138
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Screw that...
Less Shirou, more RinXSaber <_<;;
Less RinXSaber, more ShirouXRinXSaber !

I love when an adaptation is faithful to the original
Old 2006-01-09, 04:36   Link #139
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Historically speaking, I think there are very few renowned archers with Rin's Archer's tanned dark skin. When talking about archers, the images that come into mind are usually such as the likes of Robin Hood, Artemis, Apollo, Genghis Khan, Huang Zhong and others. I know many others who use bows as well, but not as their primary weapon. And the strange part is, Archer class in Fate isn't really all that Archery in the first place. Then again I played the game, so I'm already spoiled.
What about Arjuna? That's the first person I thought of when I saw the skin color. He's a famous archer from the Indian legend Mahabharata.

Anyway, I haven't played the game so don't spoil me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-09, 05:28   Link #140
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
I know it's probably been said earlier but Shirou looks like a girl.

Less Shirou more Saber!
Shirou is far from being a sissy though. Even the manly Archer wants him dead a few times so that he can lay claim to the harem Shirou had amassed.
Closed Thread