AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-01, 16:56   Link #361
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, the last episode is almost upon us.

In the meantime, check out this interview with Dai Sato, the cheif writer for Eureka Seven. 8)

http://www.japansociety.org/web_docs...0Interview.pdf

Some of the stuff is just hilarious!

Quote:
DS: There are a lot of references to my generation’s music and culture. One of the main characters is named after a character in “Trainspotting.” Another is named Thurston, after Thurston Moore, of Sonic Youth. The father’s name is Adrock, like Adrock from the Beastie Boys. The grandfather is named Axl, after Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses. The different generations in the show are represented by different music cultures. The youngest generation is represented by references to dance music, techno, and house. Hip hop represents the next generation, and rock represents the oldest generation.
LOL The best! 8)

So, Renton is actually named after Mark "Rent Boy" Renton. This has truly made my day. If you've read Welsh's novel or seen the movie, you'll understand the humor. I simply cannot banish the vision of Renton as a shaved-headed Ewan McGregor plunging down the drain. The experience must be something very similar to the Zone. 8)

The rest is very good stuff as well. Those following Ergo Proxy would find a lot of interesting news there, especially about the original premise of Ergo Proxy.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 17:09   Link #362
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
So, Renton is actually named after Mark "Rent Boy" Renton. This has truly made my day. If you've read Welsh's novel or seen the movie, you'll understand the humor. I simply cannot banish the vision of Renton as a shaved-headed Ewan McGregor plunging down the drain. The experience must be something very similar to the Zone. 8)
LOL, so now we know where the inspiration for the toilet scene in Acperience 1 comes from!
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 17:10   Link #363
Yuuu

I need these episodes NOW!
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 00:21   Link #364
Yuuu

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-02, 03:25   Link #365
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Can people who have watched it, do me a favor and let me know:

Did BONES pull another BONES/Tomino , or is the ending very
Please don't tell me about what happened.

If this ending is anything less than perfectly happy, then my approval for it will drop exponentially. So I'd like some sort of expectations going into it before I watch it. (I mean, I'd rather miss out from the surprise happy, then get hit by a surprised disappointment. )
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 03:31   Link #366
Paiser

i agree with general, hopfully the ending went out like full metal alchemist if not... (something close to it like FMA) then omfg gayness....
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 03:39   Link #367
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
From what I read on some anime blogs

"…主役周りで命を落とす人がいなくてホッ!"
None of the main cast died.

Another one:
■[日記]綺麗に納めました。 16:54

今日はエウレカセブンの最終回だッたんよ。もう、気合い入れまくって2時頃から起きていましたよ。*1えー 感想ですが、49話で燃える展開。熱すぎて泣きそうになったよ。でもって、50話でレントンがスッゲーかっ こよく見えたりと見所満載なわけですよ。成長したなーと感慨深いものがあるわけですよ。これは二本連続で放 送して正解ですよ~と、見てなかった人は是非DVDで見てください。頼んだよ!

"Wrapped up very nicely!
Today's Eureka's the last episode. Ive been up since 2AM to wait for it. EP49 was totally on fire. It was so hot-blooded that I was crying. But then, Renton was totally freaking awesome in ep50, so that's something to watch for. You'd really give a sigh, and say, man, he sure grew up a low. It was a good choice that they aired these two back to back. For those who haven't seen it yet, please watch it on DVD! I beg you."

Sounds good. Looks like I can watch the two in peace tomorrow without worrying.

Time to head to bed (DAMN YOU DAYLIGHT SAVING).....I'll be watching this tomorrow.

Last edited by W-General; 2006-04-02 at 03:54.
Old 2006-04-02, 03:51   Link #368
Yuuu

I actually prefer the FMA ending to be honest...just because they wrapped everything up so nicely thematically, and it followed through on everything (for the most part) that it started with...IMO at least.

Minor spoilers, if any..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-02, 05:42   Link #369
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, that was sweet and romantic. And, dare I say, even a bit melodramatic. 8)

Personally, I liked the ending quite a bit. They achieved a fine balance between the whiz-bang aspect and the lets-talk-to-get-our-ideas-across aspect quite nicely.

- Desperation Illness got an explanation
- Compac Drive got an explanation
- Coralian problem got resolved
- Necklaces got their explanation
- The amber ring didn't get explained, but it was heavily hinted at

I felt like it was a very good tie off for most of the storylines and they did a transition from the Dewey vs. Gekko storyline in ep. 49 to Renton&Eureka storyline in ep. 50 very well. It felt natural and not at all forced.

The end is, as I've said, very melodramatic and quite happy for everyone.

The good thing is: it doesn't need a movie or OVA of any kind to follow through. It's over, done, finished.

And that is A Good Thing (tm).
Old 2006-04-02, 06:01   Link #370
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Oh, and for those keeping tabs. No, the title of the last episode is not Acperience 5, unlike some people have made a 99,99% bet. 8)

It's 星た願を (Make a Wish Upon a Star). 8)
Old 2006-04-02, 06:23   Link #371
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'll spoiler these comments for those who want to enjoy these great episodes themselves.

Spoiler for Episode49:

Spoiler for Episode50:

BTW what the message was written on the moon?

I for one am content with the finale. I'm not as sad as I'd thought I'd be about the ending, this is partly because I found it very satifying. There was a few things that didn't get explained clearly, and some of the Gekko Go were sidelined in the end but these are minor gripes. It delivered where it mattered and that's what counts.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-04-02 at 06:37.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 06:28   Link #372
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
BTW what the message was written on the moon?
EUREKA RENTON 8)
Old 2006-04-02, 13:09   Link #373
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

For the most part, I had trouble following the explanations. (I didn't have any trouble with ep47 though...weird)
Spoiler:

That ending was nicely wrapped up, although I didn't feel there was the huge explosion of excitement during the climax scenes (unlike last week...) I thought it would have been even better to show what the other people are up to 1 year later.

Overall, great series. The ending didn't exactly end with the "bang" I thought, but at least it didn't ruin the series for me, so that was good. Somehow, there's just a lingering feeling in me that it could have been more amazing..
Old 2006-04-02, 14:04   Link #374
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-04-02 at 14:37.
Old 2006-04-02, 14:49   Link #375
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 15:08   Link #376
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

I dunno, that final scene was still a bit of an "eh" to me. Rather inconventional, but still a happy end nevertheless, so it's all good.

Now that some things cleared up for me, I feel a lot better about this last episode. So my opinion of the series just went up a notch....it's not like it's not high enough already LOL.

You know what I'm really hoping for? I really hope they follow the trend of the Japanese anime market and add a bit more aftermath scenes to the final disc of the DVD. I'd have liked to see the rest of the Gekkostate (and Holland's kid ) and at least Renton and Eureka's faces

I thought it was amusing that some Japanese anime blogs were saying: "This is kinda like a good Evangelion ending."
Also I thought it was funny when they said "AHhhhhh! The moon! It's so embarassing!" XD

Also I think they should have used English to write "Renton" and "Eureka." Somehow I suspect it's a mistake on the director / art director's part. For me, I felt that English was what the entire world of Eureka 7 used, so having Japanese there was really weird. Maybe they'll correct that in the DVD release. Or maybe I'm just being too picky and it's not really a big deal.

Oh and frankly speaking, I think one of the best moments of ep50 was
Spoiler:

Oh and can someone explain the Amber ring?
Old 2006-04-02, 16:02   Link #377
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General
Also I think they should have used English to write "Renton" and "Eureka." Somehow I suspect it's a mistake on the director / art director's part. For me, I felt that English was what the entire world of Eureka 7 used, so having Japanese there was really weird. Maybe they'll correct that in the DVD release. Or maybe I'm just being too picky and it's not really a big deal.
Actually, no, it's not English. Everything was always in Japanese, from the stuff written on paper to that running announcement line on the Gekko-go.

Quote:
Oh and can someone explain the Amber ring?
They didn't explain, but I am guessing it's a present from the Coral. 8)
Old 2006-04-02, 17:20   Link #378
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Actually, now that I think about it, ya I guess that's right. Meh. Not that big a deal.
Old 2006-04-03, 06:31   Link #379
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Spoiler:
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 06:42   Link #380
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatLuffy