AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-14, 08:03   Link #161
voldy18

Okay, should have worded that differently. I do think that Ichigo and Orihime respect and trust each other, otherwise they would hardly be friends. Just not on the same level that Ichigo and Rukia do. The same with understanding each other. IMO, Rukia and Ichigo have a better grasp of each other. Then again, they are closer.

You see, my arguments are not really about being Ichigo/Orihime impossible, but rather about why I prefer Ichigo/Rukia. On the contrary, I think there is a good chance of IchiHime happening.... if KT would finally write a Ichigo who starts returning her feelings, because so far I see only an asexual (acting) Ichigo. (I suppose the same goes for IchiRuki... )

However, so far IchiHime is very... uhm... dry. Because their dynamic is about the same as it was 200 chapters ago. I mean, really. IshiHime has had more progress than IchiHime, if you ask me.
Old 2006-05-14, 14:13   Link #162
kumagoro_usagi

Quote:
Because their dynamic is about the same as it was 200 chapters ago. I mean, really. IshiHime has had more progress than IchiHime, if you ask me.
Meh. Ichigo seems to understand Orihime more than he did 200 chapters ago (at least he understands her facial worries to some degree and sense when something is bothering her)and IshiHime (the only pairing I'm close to disliking in Bleach) hasn't really set up if you ask me....if it had there would have been a personal reaction in Orihime's part when Ishida went missing (Chapter 222 would have been a good instance) and they'd communicate in a different way rather than the way Orihime does with the rest of her friends seeing they spent a lot of time together in Soul society but they're the same with better understanding. Then again it's intepretation.
Old 2006-05-15, 20:25   Link #163
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
It's got to be Rukia and Ichigo because it's just goes better, period.
Old 2006-05-16, 15:16   Link #164
cursed_sword
Matador

I think a trio would be fine =)
Old 2006-05-16, 16:19   Link #165
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Or Orihime could go with Rukia and Ichigo with Renji (they can communicate )

The best of course is OrihimexMexRukia
Old 2006-05-17, 00:11   Link #166
powerguns
nanase roxs

if rukia willing to forgo her shinigami status, then I want ichigo and her together. But if she chooses shinigami world, then ichigo will hv to choose another woman.
Old 2006-05-19, 14:26   Link #167
ShuiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa
Inoue understands Ichigo more. She knows when to let go of Ichigo and when to worry and go after Ichigo. And most of the time she accomodates to his needs.

Not like Rukia who seems to be clingy and bossy over him. Goes after him when he needs to do it alone.

Ichigo isn't the one who needs people to make decision for him entirely without consulting him.

That is why I prefer IchigoOrihime more than IchigoRukia. Rukia indeed is stiffling / suffocating him.
When has Rukia ever been clingy with Ichigo? She stayed behind in Soul Society after the whole Aizen fiasco. Hell, before all of that, she left the living world to return to Soul Society on her own, that is until Renji and Byakuya came to take her away themselves. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just wondering where this notion of Rukia being clingy comes from :/

Personally, I don't see how Rukia can be viewed as someone who is stifiling/suffocating Ichigo's character. It's always been my understanding that they are primary supporting characters in each other's lives, and to make reference back to very lovely and ever-insighful chapter 196:
Spoiler:

Rukia doesn't hold back on her words to Ichigo. Her words may come off as rude, sometimes even a little condescending, but there are underlying messages within Rukia's harshness towards Ichigo, a method to her madness, and that is that she trusts and believes in him, and he understand that as well. No, Rukia doesn't hold back on her words, and in return, she doesn't expect Ichigo to hold back on anything either. She's not pulling him back, she's helping him push himself forward.

Rukia may be bossy, or "noisy," as Ichigo would tell her, but it works, that's their relationship dynamic. They argue, they kick, they punch, they scream, they move on and tomorrow's another day. It's how they function. No, not everyone could handle or tolerate Rukia's upfront, confrontational and demanding personality, that's one of the primary reasons why some people dislike her character. However, that sort of straightforward honesty, coupled with her total faith and understanding of Ichigo's character is what exactly makes her unexpendable in Ichigo's life.

I'm not speaking romantically here, I'm speaking in purely platonic terms. It just rubs me the wrong way when people who disagree with the romantic notion of Ichigo and Rukia's relationship disregard the importance Rukia has on Ichigo's life in nonromantic terms. I'll agree with the non-IchiRuki supporters that they aren't in love with each other, but I'll vehemently argue against the undermining of Rukia's role and impact on Ichigo's life and character.
Old 2006-05-20, 07:17   Link #168
innocent_baby-angel

oh....
i realli wanted ichigo and rukia to be together in the end because they will be realli cute together but i doubt that any1 wuld end up as a couple. Bleach has neva been about love and romance, its about fighting and action and carring for each other as a fren but nuffin more
but i do realli want sum1 end up being together, it does get boring watching ppl fighting all the time.
Old 2006-05-21, 11:48   Link #169
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuiMei
When has Rukia ever been clingy with Ichigo? She stayed behind in Soul Society after the whole Aizen fiasco. Hell, before all of that, she left the living world to return to Soul Society on her own, that is until Renji and Byakuya came to take her away themselves. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just wondering where this notion of Rukia being clingy comes from :/

Personally, I don't see how Rukia can be viewed as someone who is stifiling/suffocating Ichigo's character. It's always been my understanding that they are primary supporting characters in each other's lives, and to make reference back to very lovely and ever-insighful chapter 196:
Spoiler:

Rukia doesn't hold back on her words to Ichigo. Her words may come off as rude, sometimes even a little condescending, but there are underlying messages within Rukia's harshness towards Ichigo, a method to her madness, and that is that she trusts and believes in him, and he understand that as well. No, Rukia doesn't hold back on her words, and in return, she doesn't expect Ichigo to hold back on anything either. She's not pulling him back, she's helping him push himself forward.

Rukia may be bossy, or "noisy," as Ichigo would tell her, but it works, that's their relationship dynamic. They argue, they kick, they punch, they scream, they move on and tomorrow's another day. It's how they function. No, not everyone could handle or tolerate Rukia's upfront, confrontational and demanding personality, that's one of the primary reasons why some people dislike her character. However, that sort of straightforward honesty, coupled with her total faith and understanding of Ichigo's character is what exactly makes her unexpendable in Ichigo's life.

I'm not speaking romantically here, I'm speaking in purely platonic terms. It just rubs me the wrong way when people who disagree with the romantic notion of Ichigo and Rukia's relationship disregard the importance Rukia has on Ichigo's life in nonromantic terms. I'll agree with the non-IchiRuki supporters that they aren't in love with each other, but I'll vehemently argue against the undermining of Rukia's role and impact on Ichigo's life and character.
agree.
And that's precisely Rukia's toughness to Ichigo that makes him attract to her. He won't fall for a cute and sweetie chick...Besides Renji is about to become Ichigo's best friend, mainly because of their hecktic relationship.
Remember when Rukia said she won't come back after SS arc : Ichigo was deeply sad, but then cheered up when she told him she would definitely return to earth.
Old 2006-05-31, 23:29   Link #170
ShuiMei

Personally I don't think Rukia's toughness attracts Ichigo to her, it's their chemistry and how they function as a unit, constantly supporting one another, that makes their relationship special.

I guess it's because I still have difficultly picturing Ichigo as a hormonal teenager who has physical attraction towards females, I know he has hormones, I'm pretty sure he likes girls, but I can't gather what his taste is :/
Old 2006-06-07, 22:40   Link #171
kimimaro_ninja

well i think its orihime and ichigo.....OR no gf at all......cause ichigo just thinks of rukia as a sister.....like siblings you know????
Old 2006-06-09, 14:30   Link #172
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro_ninja
well i think its orihime and ichigo.....OR no gf at all......cause ichigo just thinks of rukia as a sister.....like siblings you know????
Well he already did have sisters.... Ichigo hasn't the same relationship with rukia.

Rukia is somehow connected to Ichigo's psychologic chock when his mother died.
I mean she managed to make him accept his sad past and move on.
It has has been explained, or at least suggested, when Ichigo fought his mother's Hollow (though I don't know how to explain it...)
Old 2006-06-11, 21:47   Link #173
QueenoftheChocobos

ichi + ruki FOREVER!!!!

I personally think that ichigo and rukia are most definitley going to end up together. maybe i am just bias, though, just because i love them so much. there was kind of a rukia/renji thing going on there for a while, though. and also there's the fact that she is like a hundred years older than him, but who cares? it doesn't matter. but ichi is definitely not going to end up with orihime. i do not like her very much. she is irritating and stupid. she probably loves him, but ichi is totally not into her. it is actually kind of sad.
Old 2006-06-11, 22:12   Link #174
Paiser

in my opinion no one will fall for any one...
RenjiXChad
IchigoXIshida
Ichigo's dadxUruahara
Old 2006-06-11, 22:33   Link #175
QueenoftheChocobos

okay, I have thought it through and decided that ichi/ruki makes sense, because they have both had such a huge impact on each other's lives, so they already stand out quite a bit in each other's minds. They both have very noble and caring and strong characters, and they are both 'heroes'; they both save each other at one point or another by a completely selfless act. They are both very headstrong, and when they are together they usually argue. Both are always trying to do what is best for the other at a high cost to them. They have a deep understanding and trust of one another that makes their relationship special. Rukia felt more comfortable around ichigo and acted more like herself around him then she ever had before, even with Renji. Ichigo trusted rukia more than anyone else, and he confided in her about things he never told anyone else. Like when he told her about his mom and he said, "Aren't you going to ask me about it?" and she said, "It is your problem, and it is a deep, deep problem. How could I ask you about that? There is no way for me to tread into your heart like that without tracking mud. So I will wait. Tell me when you are ready."
That was an excellent example of their understanding. they know without words what each other is thinking and feeling, and rukia, for one, always knows just what to say.
even though she told him not to come after her, she knew he would, and he knew she knew. it was a futile yet noble effort to protect him. so what i am saying is that their relationship goes really deep, and that they are in love but not like a normal couple-they don't do the whole cuddles* thing. they have a mutual respect for each other and a deep devotion that doesn't need words or even actions to be expressed. i'm sure their relationship will surface soon, because it doesn't need to 'blossom'- it has been doing that all along. i think it is so hard for people to believe their relationship because it is so painfully obvious. if they were that openly in love, then their love could only be friendship, or else they would have acknowledged it by now right? not necessarily. the love was mutual, and they don't need to express it to know it is there. also, it is probably uncomfortable for socially awkward ichigo, who would be embarrassed about his feelings for her, adn think that she doesn'lt feel that way about him. it is probably similar for rukia- with her whole political and social standing in soul society, and ichigo is just this little human boy. she is probably embarrassed too. i don't think she is quite as bothered as ichigo. i think he doesn't know what to think. as for orihime, she really is okay, and she understands about ichigo and rukia and she accepts it, even though she seems kind of sad about it. honestly, uryu and orihime would make a lot better of a couple, if a rather strange match. as for renji........ well, i really love renji and feel really bad for him, because i really think he is in love with her, however much i want to believe it is a brother/sister love, and i really do. too bad for him. he really isn't relationship material, though. he is much more the big-brother type.
Old 2006-06-11, 22:47   Link #176
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Wow.......you couldn't have said all the points and strengths of the couple any better than that.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:29   Link #177
shaselai

i want Renji Rukia and Ichigo X orihime. Renji and Rukia had been childhood friends and the flashbacks show them happy together till she got adopted. Now they are kinda getting back and Renji showing his feelings more. Orihime's scene when she was with Matsumoto(?) shows that she wants to be stronger and closer to Ichigo. And when Rukia stayed behind in soul society Ichigo didnt like have a breakdown or anything- suprised yes but understood why she made her choice and if he really liked her he wouldve said something then- because as far as he's concerned he probably wont see her much at all.
Old 2006-06-13, 20:30   Link #178
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
i want Renji Rukia and Ichigo X orihime. Renji and Rukia had been childhood friends and the flashbacks show them happy together till she got adopted. Now they are kinda getting back and Renji showing his feelings more. Orihime's scene when she was with Matsumoto(?) shows that she wants to be stronger and closer to Ichigo. And when Rukia stayed behind in soul society Ichigo didnt like have a breakdown or anything- suprised yes but understood why she made her choice and if he really liked her he wouldve said something then- because as far as he's concerned he probably wont see her much at all.
A person who respects and cherishes the person they love doesn't need to say anything to her because he respects her decision to stay. And Ichigo did just that. I think he clearly understood the matter of Rukia's choices. She needed to stay - what would she have gain by running away with him when she could work on her problems that couldn't be worked out properly until now (aka Byakuya)? Rukia has a big problem, a problem she can't get rid of. Prior to SS-arc, despite her bossy attitude, it's clear that she had a low self-esteem, unwilling to think that she's worthy to be rescued...things like that and unfortunately its all because she thought she was extremely useless and worthless (unable to save Kaien and the feeling of inferiority under Byakuya). But because of Ichigo rescuing her, it created a series of events that helped her gain some insight into things and letting her heal. Ignoring the problems she has will only make it worse obviously so she needed to stay.

I don't think I explained it properly but eh. Tired. XP

It doesn't matter if they see each other or not and the pairing I'm thinking about here is Van/Hitomi from Tenkuu no Escaflowne. Van/Hitomi are seriously worlds apart but is that stopping them from loving each other? Noo...not to say that Ichi and Rukia love each other but the potential is there and they already have big respect for each other.

Again, they are each other's world changer. Their relationship doesn't have to be defined in a romantic sense but I highly doubt that their relationship can be completely platonic too.
Old 2006-06-15, 03:09   Link #179
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I am all for Ichigo and Rukia. That's all for now.
Old 2006-06-15, 18:48   Link #180
scorpio516

After 84/85, I suggest Rukia x Orihime
Closed Thread