Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-10, 10:53   Link #621
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler:
They could have sided against him and it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

^^^ And someone needs to lay off the Misao crack-pipe.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:21   Link #622
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
Spoiler for maybe:
Spoiler for novel vol. 2:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:14   Link #623
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:54   Link #624
Mentar
Banned

I feel the need to state that Ayano's "u...U...URUSANAAAAIII" right after she melting-mutilated the traffic sign ranks among the top 3 Urusanais I've ever heard ^_^

Kudos to the seiyuu.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:01   Link #625
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I feel the need to state that Ayano's "u...U...URUSANAAAAIII" right after she melting-mutilated the traffic sign ranks among the top 3 Urusanais I've ever heard ^_^

Kudos to the seiyuu.
Yea me too, I've been impressed with her VA from the very beginning. I love how good she transitions from a normal tone to the "ayano with funny white eyes" tone.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:07   Link #626
LCeh

I have mixed feelings about episode 5. I can't quite pinpoint what didn't I like about it, but it wasn't as good as the first 4 eps I felt. Hopefully they can prove me wrong in the upcoming episodes that will resolve the current arc.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:37   Link #627
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I have mixed feelings about episode 5. I can't quite pinpoint what didn't I like about it, but it wasn't as good as the first 4 eps I felt. Hopefully they can prove me wrong in the upcoming episodes that will resolve the current arc.
Maybe because it was a lot more Fumoffu-like (which I liked). But things are turning serious again in the next episode, so you'll probably like that more.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 16:52   Link #628
LCeh

Quote:
Maybe because it was a lot more Fumoffu-like (which I liked). But things are turning serious again in the next episode, so you'll probably like that more.
I don't know, I don't think it's the fumoffu-ness, because I watched Fumoffu and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think I am just having problems with the plot, the way this arc is going.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 19:07   Link #629
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

a bit of rants
Spoiler for hehehe:

btw....the enraiha used in the final moments of battle against the demon of the fuuga clan...it's flame is red right....
that's quite unusual (for red flames actually overpowering golden/yellow flames in anime )
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 19:27   Link #630
usagijen

Quote:
btw....the enraiha used in the final moments of battle against the demon of the fuuga clan...it's flame is red right....
that's quite unusual (for red flames actually overpowering golden/yellow flames in anime )
well, red shows more "fury" and... "power" in my opinion

argh... have to watch episode 5...! >_<
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 19:28   Link #631
usagijen

Quote:
well, red shows more "fury" and... "power" in my opinion

argh... have to watch episode 5...! >_<

(err... sorry... double posted TT__TT)
Old 2007-05-10, 19:29   Link #632
justinstrife

Yep. Ayano was annoying again. Really thinking he needs to hook up with the blonde detective. Already they make a cute couple. Nothing like rooting for the pairing that is never meant to be.
Old 2007-05-10, 19:44   Link #633
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Yep. Ayano was annoying again. Really thinking he needs to hook up with the blonde detective. Already they make a cute couple. Nothing like rooting for the pairing that is never meant to be.
You like pain, huh. Well, I can relate to rooting for the couple that will never be (LuluxKaguya). KazumaxKirika would be stable, though... too stable. It probably wouldn't lead to much drama. Well, that, and Ayano deserves some love
Old 2007-05-10, 21:55   Link #634
justinstrife

Quote:
You like pain, huh. Well, I can relate to rooting for the couple that will never be (LuluxKaguya). KazumaxKirika would be stable, though... too stable. It probably wouldn't lead to much drama. Well, that, and Ayano deserves some love
You want drama, go watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, or Touch, or Maison Ikkoku, or Marmalade Boy, or even Kimague Orange Road.

Alot of the older series had a knack for 70-100 episodes of pure heart wrenching drama in the relationships department.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:21   Link #635
usagijen

Quote:
You want drama, go watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, or Touch, or Maison Ikkoku, or Marmalade Boy, or even Kimague Orange Road.

Alot of the older series had a knack for 70-100 episodes of pure heart wrenching drama in the relationships department.
OT...

Among those, only Touch is the one I'd really recommend. Kimi Nozo = you'll just get more and more depressed (and hate the characters more) as each episode progresses. Marmalade Boy = rubber-like on-off relationship which I've already outgrown ( I used to love it so much way way back... didn't notice the unreasonable characters and the lack of trust in the relationship, etc, etc...) =___= Kimagure Orange Road = a triangle dragged on for tooo long... glad the "triangle" was put to an end with the OAV >_<

drama is good, but too much heart-wrenching, depressing kind of drama is a nono... (soap-opera type of dramas >_<)

sigh... so much for ranting... >_>

there will be some "drama" in Kazuma x Ayano's relationship because of the lack of stability at this point... and that means will see more of how the relationship will grow and develop. And, Kazuma x Ayano is much more amusing in my opinion

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-10 at 22:40.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:25   Link #636
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
OT...

Among those, only Touch is the one I'd really recommend. Kimi Nozo = you'll just get more and more depressed (and hate the characters more) as each episode progresses. Marmalade Boy = rubber-like on-off relationship which I've already outgrown ( I used to love it so much way way back... didn't notice the unreasonable characters and the lack of trust in the relationship, etc, etc...) =___= Kimagure Orange Road = a triangle dragged on for tooo long... glad the "triangle" was put to an end with the OAV >_<

sigh... so much for ranting... >_>
You didn't mention Maison Ikkoku. A really really good 96 episode drama(with a short movie thrown in later). I powered through that show in 6 days(on a work week). I sacrificed many hours of sleep to finish it.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:43   Link #637
usagijen

Quote:
You didn't mention Maison Ikkoku. A really really good 96 episode drama(with a short movie thrown in later). I powered through that show in 6 days(on a work week). I sacrificed many hours of sleep to finish it.
yeah, I forgot to mention Maison Ikkoku =P

Maison Ikkoku is a good drama romance anime... I have no complaints about how Kyoko and Godai's love was developed... I just can't help but think that Kyoko's too good for someone like Godai most of the time...
Old 2007-05-10, 22:58   Link #638
Paiser

is kazuma and ayano cousins?
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 23:00   Link #639
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser View Post
is kazuma and ayano cousins?
Yes. At the very least, second degree cousins, as their fathers are cousins. And possibly even more distant.

Quote:

Watched/read all of those, actually. Going off-topic now but in case anyone cares about those ...

I'll go against usagijen here and recommend all of them except Touch Maybe because I've read nearly all of Adachi's works, so I'm not too impressed by yet another baseball story. Even though a certain event happened in that manga, I had the feeling that it was too muted and thus it didn't leave any impression on me.

Kimi ga... is just depressing =) Really well done and down to earth. Grab your hankies.

Maison Ikkoku... what usagijen said, she's too good for him. But after reading this, I was less impressed with Love Hina and a number of other dormitory harems.

Marmalade Boy is sweet. Like the title :/ No, really. Mint na Bokura by the same author is more interesting to read, though.

KOR dragged on and on, but it had its moments. I enjoyed the Shin-KOR novel more than the manga, though. Because for me, the manga really ended where I wanted it to just begin -_-

To add to the list of well-developed relationship manga (because I do not consider many of those nominations to be overly dramatic... although in reality there should be a whole lot more of these out there, I just don't remember them all), I'll name Living Game, which mixes the problems of work, education and romance in a very realistic manner. Well, it does have some drama, but also a good dose of reality.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:21   Link #640
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

lol what are the topics here again ?
for myself...KGNE is the very first anime where i'd like to throttle the main leads (both male and female) to death
that...or maybe i;'m just biased for haruka

nyway...back on topic.....
soo.....is the kannagi family allowed to marry outsiders(not of the clan) ?
because my knowledge on this clan thingy is still confusing for me
does all the member needs to be blood-connected to join the clan or whatever ?

someone enlighten me
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen