AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-04, 02:30   Link #1
epileather

Bishoujo Recommendation

What is the best Bishoujo u have watched? What I mean is.... those "love themed" anime .. like Boys Be, Love Hina, DNA2.... etc.

I think Love Hina is very entertaining.
Old 2005-01-04, 02:35   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

"Kanon." But I prefer the original game.
Old 2005-01-04, 03:32   Link #3
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epileather
What is the best Bishoujo u have watched? What I mean is.... those "love themed" anime .. like Boys Be, Love Hina, DNA2.... etc.

I think Love Hina is very entertaining.
When people talk about bishoujo anime they usually mean anime adaptations of bishoujo games or eroge. Some of the better examples of the genre would be

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kanon
D.C. ~Da Capo~
Mizuiro OVA (not Hentai one)
Kita-he ~Diamond Dust Drops~
To Heart
Sentimental Journey
Old 2005-01-04, 03:54   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

There is another thread called Who is your favourite bishoujo but I think this is asking for your favourite Bishoujo series. To be fair, I'll repeat the request I made in the other thread.

Quote:
If you are considering replying to this thread, then please make sure you give a reason for your answer.

Please do not just give a one word or short one line reply. If this happens then chances are your reply will be deleted.

Remember (from the forum rules)
All threads must serve a purpose and
No trivial polls allowed

So please discuss the topic and try to give reasons for your selection.

Currently I'm not sure if this thread should remain open (considering the thread originator didn't put much effort into explaning the choice) and there are a couple of similar (but not identical) threads such as this in existence. At the moment I will leave it open to see how it goes.

I also would request that images are not posted, that does get excessive.
Old 2005-01-04, 04:27   Link #5
epileather

Oh... thanks for the clarification about the Term bishoujo. I'm a newbie in anime. What I mean is those love themed anime.
I've watched so far, Love Hina, Love Magic and DNA2.

I think they are quite good.
Old 2005-01-04, 08:35   Link #6
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by epileather
Oh... thanks for the clarification about the Term bishoujo. I'm a newbie in anime. What I mean is those love themed anime.
I've watched so far, Love Hina, Love Magic and DNA2.

I think they are quite good.
Basically it's the same as any other form of entertainment, you can classify them in a romantic genre...Love Hina would be a comedy romance though, seeing as it relies more on slapstick than the romance

Another good one for you would be Ai Yori Aoshi, it's pretty much a reverse Love Hina...it relies a bit more to the romance side than the comedy. Another way to distinguish the Love Hina style anime are harem, there are some that fall within this category and typically aren't much on the way of story but heavy on the fanservice. Fukatoi is an interesting twist on this, it's Love Hina x2...basically it's Love Hina with all the girls being twins. It's a pretty funny story so far, I like it.
Old 2005-01-04, 08:56   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I personally definitely recommend Kita He ~Diamond Dust Drops~, it has very cute girls, and it also has quite some depth, very unique, I'd say it's one of the overall best shows of 2004. Then there's POPOTAN, another great but under-appreciated bishoujo series with some beautfiul art and surprising depth.

For Futakoi, hmm... It's a very nice show IMO, however if you are looking for bishoujos, maybe you'll be disappointed, as this show is actually mostly focused on the guy than the girls, and I guess not everyone can tolerate that guy... but if you are looking for some nice depth in the character's psychological development, and don't mind for a show with almost zero fan-service and about 70% time focused on the guy, then it's a quite good show. On the other hand, if you are looking for some loli fan-service, then you should watch Tsukuyomi and Nanoha, Futakoi will definitely disappoint you

Hmm... now I think about it more... should KGNE really be considered a bishoujo anime?
Old 2005-01-04, 21:26   Link #8
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Some I can recommend:
Da Capo
Yumeria
Mai Hime
School Rumble
W-Wish
Girls Bravo
To Heart - Memories
Old 2005-01-04, 21:36   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Try Sailor Moon but u have to sit for 200eps and 3 movies
Old 2005-01-05, 01:00   Link #10
epileather

I've watched Onegai Teacher yesterday. Yeah.. sat there 6 hours and finish all 12 episodes in one shot. It just kept me glued to the screen.. end up sleeping at 2:30am.

I think it's really good. Love relationship between younger boy with slightly older girl. I thought I wouldn't be appealed with such theme. But end up, I felt that there's some depth in the story. There's a fair ammount of comedy, and also sadness.

I strongly recommend it.
Closed Thread