AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 40
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 17 34.69%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 18.37%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 20.41%
7 out of 10: Good... 5 10.20%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 6.12%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 4.08%
4 out of 10: Poor... 2 4.08%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.04%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-15, 16:06   Link #81
Awrya
U mad?

Interesting new OP. Seeing the 3 protagonists in their younger years is definitely something we won't see in the show
Flit will get a new gundam and Asemu's will get an overhaul?

Kids are finally off the ship, does Wendy have another reason to stay on the ship

Kio turns into Kira the second? Gundam FX is nearly as overpowered as Freedom&Strike Freedom.

Flit turns to the dark side. Will he return to the light or will his kill count reach the heavens?
Old 2012-07-15, 16:28   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

Flit said Ezelcant is a mad tyrant and any Vegan that follows him must be defeated.

He has a point in that. Drawing from history before saving nation from itself you have to beat the crap off the other guy. Example Germany and Japan you have to exhaust them militarily and in the end remove those that started it and those foolish enough to follow them without question.

I'm not just talking about soldiers the people has to take account for giving their leaders power. These leaderships did not come from vacuum they were put their by their people's support.

After their defeat you'd have to reform them to kill the culture that made them warlike.

There are also cases where even at their founder's death remnants spread their terror. Al Queda though broken is still active after Osama Bin Laden's death.

The problem with the three protagonists plans is that these are all half measures.

Flit believes that Vegan's are humanity's cancer. But the thing with cancer you aren't supposed to let it spread in the body. By going full extermination you become Vagan. And they've won because you've been corrupted.

Asemu doesn't realize that he doesn't have the resources to pull them in a compromise. That by prolonging the war he is doing the same mistakes that happened to Euba and Zalam during the Colony Nation Wars. Both side eternally hating each other.

Kio wants to save everybody but as he realizes how impractical and crazy it is. But before saving the other side you have to prioritize in saving your own guys. In war your first priority is the survival of those in your side.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:06   Link #83
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Not really, thats the body cannon thingy. Her cockpit just happened to be nearby.
That only work if he didn't know where she is>>> He know where is her cockpit yet Kira didn't change his aim.
(he can just move Shin if he want or try to disables other area slowly since he have fast mobile suit and skill ( she can't touch him) but than there will be a lot of dead civilians.
In other word Kira have two choices:
1- try to find way to disables her suit while allowing her to kill every civilian she see as bug.
2- Kill her fast before she kill anyone else which what he did.
(The cannon near her cockpit was best place for one shot both Steall and Destroy.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:20   Link #84
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
That only work if he didn't know where she is>>> He know where is her cockpit yet Kira didn't change his aim.
(he can just move Shin if he want or try to disables other area slowly since he have fast mobile suit and skill ( she can't touch him) but than there will be a lot of dead civilians.
In other word Kira have two choices:
1- try to find way to disables her suit while allowing her to kill every civilian she see as bug.
2- Kill her fast before she kill anyone else which what he did.
(The cannon near her cockpit was best place for one shot both Steall and Destroy.)
When Kira stabbed the cannon, it was just about to fire. Like what happened with the Minerva's cannon when Kira shot it in episode 22, the cannon exploded from being charged and the explosion entered the cockpit. There was no other choice for Kira to do what he did as chopping off the arm, legs, head, etc wasn't going to stop the cannon from firing. It was stab the cannon or see Shinn get blasted away.

Personally, I would have let Shinn get blasted away.....

Now having personally contributed to hijacking this thread of GSD discussion, think we should steer it back to AGE episode 40 discussion.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:21   Link #85
DV04

Damn... Can't wait to see Asemu vs Zeheart to see how the skill level is now.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:29   Link #86
WefiDasst

was hopping Romary would slap Asemu or something.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:34   Link #87
Gundamx

[QUOTE=quagmire;4256326]When Kira stabbed the cannon, it was just about to fire. Like what happened with the Minerva's cannon when Kira shot it in episode 22, the cannon exploded from being charged and the explosion entered the cockpit. There was no other choice for Kira to do what he did as chopping off the arm, legs, head, etc wasn't going to stop the cannon from firing. It was stab the cannon or see Shinn get blasted away.

Personally, I would have let Shinn get blasted away.....

Now having personally contributed to hijacking this thread of GSD discussion, think we should steer it back to AGE episode 40 discussion.....[/QUOTE]

That I agree with.

Quote:
was hopping Romary would slap Asemu or something.
I was waiting for that too... or at least to be little angry before she hug him...

Quote:
Damn... Can't wait to see Asemu vs Zeheart to see how the skill level is now.
Asemu > Zeheart unless they nerf Asemu.
(Zeheart was sleeping for years while Asemu was fighting and training for years.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:54   Link #88
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So much running in the op and it is sad to see the main girls grow old in the ed
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:55   Link #89
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Gold MS????

Either I'm color blind or that is neon green, not Gold.

Ace pilot or whatever, but how is that even going to be a match for the AGE-FX?

It makes me suspicious the Ghiraga's not in the OP scene with the Vagan fleet.

If:

AGE-1 FA vs. Farsia
AGE-2 DH vs. Ghiraga
AGE-FX vs. Legilis

Who will fight this Traitor MS?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 17:58   Link #90
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am interested in the giant MA in the op, it would not be gundam without a giant MA
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:21   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A lot of things I've kind of been waiting for in this series. Asemu actually standing up to Flit and pretty much saying "this is my path, live with it." Not to mention a potential for Zeheart and Asemu to clash soon. Though Zeheart's reaction had me surprised. So he knew Asemu was a pirate even when the Federation didn't? Who filled him in on this?

Of course Kio Yamato has made his debut and of course looking insanely overpowered out there. But this isn't Orbital so it is allowed to look awesome in its debut. Makes sense that he'd do something crazy like this in order to make sure that his opponent's won't die. Of course the spin the logic that now the Vagans won't self-destruct even though they seemed fine with it during Asemu's arc and we already knew who they were. Suppose they just had to bend logic in order to allow Kio to be like Kira out there and not end up just watching a bunch of heads blowing themselves up.

All the leads are cementing in their positions. Flit won't forgive the Vagans and will destroy them, Asemu will protect those he cares about even if it means he can't finish the war, and Kio is just going to make everyone stop fighting and not kill anyone.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:32   Link #92
Raysoul

I'm sensing another deathflag for Obright. If he survives until the end of the show, then he has a very thick deathflag-armor.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:34   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Gundam AGE-1 had the ability to prevent a Vagan MS from completely self-destructing, at least by the cockpit--when he captured that head, he mentioned that by touching it with the AGE-1, he was able to prevent the "current from dropping" or something like that.

The C-Funnels may have the same capability. They DO have to come into physical contact with the enemy MS, after all.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:40   Link #94
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Flit is stealing the show for me, the only thing I don't like is his older character design, I much prefer his gen-2 looks. They go better with his deep hatred and genocidal tendencies.

I hope they're not setting him up to be a Patrick Zala/Azrael hybrid, but he might try to fire the plasma dive missile with his own troops in the line of fire or after the Vagans surrender...something crazy like that. Either way Kio obviously won't let him get away with it and he'll stop the missile.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:41   Link #95
justsomeguy

* It's rather surprising Flit wanted to fire the Plasma Diver missiles. It was already made clear during the briefing that the goal of the operation was to recapture the lunar base, not blow the whole thing up!
* Good thing Kio at least acknowledges that his plan was crazy, reckless, and possibly futile. It's a lot more humble and acceptable than Kira's arrogant confidence when doing the same thing.
* AGE-FX is the ugliest protagonist Gundam ever. It looks like a grunt with funnels attached. The way it was animated to emphasize the C-Funnels' and its speed was very nice though, since that's the kind of thing usually reserved for antagonists.
* So Ezelcant looks like he's basically dead, and will be replaced by that person in the tank.
* The ED is a nice song, but that's not a Gundam ED. It's more eroge adaptation fare.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:47   Link #96
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
* It's rather surprising Flit wanted to fire the Plasma Diver missiles. It was already made clear during the briefing that the goal of the operation was to recapture the lunar base, not blow the whole thing up!
What's even more surprising is the battle just started and the Federation is already going to blow up mode? It's not going poorly for them at the moment.

Quote:
Flit is stealing the show for me, the only thing I don't like is his older character design, I much prefer his gen-2 looks. They go better with his deep hatred and genocidal tendencies.
How is killing enemy soldiers genocidal?

Rules of Engagement is that the second a civilian grabs a weapon, points and shoots at a soldier they are considered combatants and have forfeit their lives.

Flit even made a point to Kio that anyone who follows Vagan deserves to die and that's all he's been doing. He called Ezcelant a mad tyrant and he's not that far off from the truth. Ezcelant has to be stopped at all costs.

Quote:
Suppose they just had to bend logic in order to allow Kio to be like Kira out there and not end up just watching a bunch of heads blowing themselves up.
If it turns out that the Vagans stop fighting because of Kio's actions that's really going to be bending logic and at this point I wouldn't be surprised.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:47   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

Who will fight this Traitor MS?
Who else but the Sherlock Holmes of the Battlefield Seric Abis.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:55   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Think the one downside from the OP is saying that the Dark Hound isn't getting major overhaul which it seemed to clearly need after the last fight. I mean sure let Kio have the spotlight since it is his generation, but at least give Asemu some firepower. I mean come on just spit out another AGE-2 Double Bullet, that thing worked fine .
Old 2012-07-15, 18:55   Link #99
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am interested in the giant MA in the op, it would not be gundam without a giant MA
I'm interested as well. Gotta say that it looks a lot like a 3-legged bird.

Kira 2 has taken the stage haha. Insert x-rounder for seed mode, and rename Freedom to Age FX (FreedomX). I love remote weaponry in the gundam world.

Fram's suit just makes me think of magical girls. She even has a matching wand to go with the pink getup. Humiliating to be killed by? Possibly...

All three generations together makes for an interesting clash of viewpoints.

Flit's gone off his rocker. Life just hasn't been the same since Yurin died. He is now trying to coerce Kio into cold-blooded genocide. Extermination is the only solution!

Asemu found out that his dad's crazy. He plays space pirate with the reasoning that limiting the degree of conflict will slowly whittle down the conflict. Stagnation will bring peace eventually.

Kio has been fed subliminal cues to kill by his grandfather since birth. Somehow he still managed to not just go along with that after seeing real live vagans. Determination will find a plot device for a peaceful resolution.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 19:05   Link #100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Algreus probably authorized it as a contingency plan. If they cannot capture the Luna base from Vagan control, then they have to make sure the Vagans can't use it either, and that means destroying the base entirely.

Tags
weekly episode discussion