AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 07:34   Link #3441
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Most of whom have been past antagonists AS well.
You say that like they've changed and now deserve better treatment. They haven't, and they don't. They just acknowledged Oga's superior strength.

They're still violent thugs, and as such will sometime get bad, painful surprises with the strength of their opponents. They've been surprised with Oga before, and now they've been surprised by Furuichi. That's life. If they didn't want to risk getting their asses kicked, they shouldn't have called him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Oga is a school thug, but he is actually one who have value. The people he beat if they are worth in strength, he doesn't rub it in their face after he won.
Reread the first three pages of the first chapter...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 07:37   Link #3442
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I stay by my argument, unlike the police officer was going to do what he intended without any objections. Furuichi treated like trash is an over statement, other than the name calling the characters haven't made it a daily to beat him up (well expect Hilda, but she is Hilda). Furuichi may have not insulted the other characters, but aggravating what makes each character tick to fight him is an another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Reread the first three pages of the first chapter...
Reread my post carefully.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 08:04   Link #3443
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
And that's what I consider unfair. He has no evil plans of taking over the school or god knows what else. He just beat up a few guys, he never did anything as bad as any previous antagonist (maybe except Kuguyama, cuz she was not much of an antagonist either). You're being way too harsh on him, that's what I'm trying to make you see.
No, I'm not.

Quote:
You say that like they've changed and now deserve better treatment. They haven't, and they don't. They just acknowledged Oga's superior strength.
I've never said that.

Okay, let's get something straight here. I don't like Kanzaki or Himekawa. They BARELY even register on my character awareness scale. For those of you arguing that they're horrible people, that's not the frigging point. The point is that frankly, at this rate, Furuichi isn't showing himself to be much of a better person.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 08:08   Link #3444
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, he doesn't. Did you expect him to?

Quote:
I did. It looks just as unfounded on second or third read.
Old 2012-09-15, 08:15   Link #3445
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
No, he doesn't. Did you expect him to?

I did. It looks just as unfounded on second or third read.
*Sigh* I said worthy of strength, not bounty hunter types thugs who want to make a name of themselves. People like Demons, 6 Horseman, Aiba, and Toujo are who I am referring to my friend. Care to reread my post again.
Old 2012-09-15, 09:05   Link #3446
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The situation for Furuichi is being too serious right now. We need a comical end to this
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 09:13   Link #3447
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
*Sigh* I said worthy of strength, not bounty hunter types thugs who want to make a name of themselves. People like Demons, 6 Horseman, Aiba, and Toujo are who I am referring to my friend. Care to reread my post again.
Ah, right. I parsed it as "he beats them if they're worth it, and when he wins he doesn't rub it in".

... So he treats weak people like shit, but we're supposed to admire him because he has some manners with the strong ones? Heck, how does that even compare with Furuichi?
Old 2012-09-15, 09:51   Link #3448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I stay by my argument, unlike the police officer was going to do what he intended without any objections. Furuichi treated like trash is an over statement, other than the name calling the characters haven't made it a daily to beat him up (well expect Hilda, but she is Hilda). Furuichi may have not insulted the other characters, but aggravating what makes each character tick to fight him is an another story.

It's not an over statement. While it could be a lot of worse, he is still being treated like trash. Nobody has an ounce of respect for him (hell, even his best friend Oga treats him like shit most of the time). To them, he's either a weakling, a pedophile, or a creep. It's natural of him to want earn some respect now that the tables have turned. Anybody else would have done the same, unless they were a saint (and there are no such things in this manga). I don't see what the big deal is with the current situation.

Quote:
The point is that frankly, at this rate, Furuichi isn't showing himself to be much of a better person.
Wasn't that expected? Furuichi has never been shown in a good light, and most likely never will. He's always been depicted as a low life, no reason for that to change now that he's gained power.
Old 2012-09-15, 15:06   Link #3449
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
And that's what I consider unfair. He has no evil plans of taking over the school or god knows what else. He just beat up a few guys, he never did anything as bad as any previous antagonist (maybe except Kuguyama, cuz she was not much of an antagonist either). You're being way too harsh on him, that's what I'm trying to make you see.
In Furuichi's own thoughts as of chapter 170 "I'll start by breaking apart the weak links of the Touhoushinki. This'll be the start of Takayuki Furuichi's advance." He does plan to take over the school to achieve his ultimate goal of being popular with women maybe not as evil as some other characters but not altruistic either.

He's basically been treated like scum because he has a long history of acting like scum. He has been a coward dating back to middle school at the very least (the pool chapter the thugs indicated he has a history of hiding behind Oga). He has a long track record of making sexual comments about women and being seen in compromising situations. These are not always his fault but given what people have seen and heard directly it's reasonable to consider him a future sexual predator. Unwillingness to improve himself, Miki indicated he was smart enough to go to St. Ishiyama but he chose to go to Ishiyama, he chose not to train when En declared war and got stuck on a mountain for a week, and when all the other guys were training under Saotome he ran and tried to peek on the girls. In series it makes perfect sense to treat him horribly because everyone has seen he is a horrible person, he wasn't strong (which in the setting would have excused a lot), never made an effort to become strong and has a personality likely to disgust others.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:10   Link #3450
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
In Furuichi's own thoughts as of chapter 170 "I'll start by breaking apart the weak links of the Touhoushinki. This'll be the start of Takayuki Furuichi's advance." He does plan to take over the school to achieve his ultimate goal of being popular with women maybe not as evil as some other characters but not altruistic either.

He's basically been treated like scum because he has a long history of acting like scum. He has been a coward dating back to middle school at the very least (the pool chapter the thugs indicated he has a history of hiding behind Oga). He has a long track record of making sexual comments about women and being seen in compromising situations. These are not always his fault but given what people have seen and heard directly it's reasonable to consider him a future sexual predator. Unwillingness to improve himself, Miki indicated he was smart enough to go to St. Ishiyama but he chose to go to Ishiyama, he chose not to train when En declared war and got stuck on a mountain for a week, and when all the other guys were training under Saotome he ran and tried to peek on the girls. In series it makes perfect sense to treat him horribly because everyone has seen he is a horrible person, he wasn't strong (which in the setting would have excused a lot), never made an effort to become strong and has a personality likely to disgust others.
True, I agree on all points. When this arc first started I was on Furuichi side, but as it progress he became someone else through the use of someone else power.
Old 2012-09-17, 03:32   Link #3451
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Happosai was one of the TOP tier chars in the manga. There was very little anyone could actually do about him. It's really more like the battle dogi arc where Akane got a dogi that basically fought for her and then she used that to fight.
I said kick everyone's ass, not steal the panties off their ass.

Akane was also never entirely looked at as a comic relief, though the show as a whole had that air about it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 05:06   Link #3452
Casshern

Can we just focus on the important thing here?
Who do you want me to kill? Everyone? Everyone, right?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 12:55   Link #3453
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I said kick everyone's ass, not steal the panties off their ass.

Akane was also never entirely looked at as a comic relief, though the show as a whole had that air about it.

If you think Happosai can't kick everyone's ass in a 1-1 fight, then I have no idea what manga you're reading.

Old 2012-09-17, 14:35   Link #3454
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*snicker* Basically, it would be as if Gosukugi (?) the weird voodoo kid, getting the same strength as Happosai. Would Gosukugi start beating up other people, namely Ranma, to get to Akane - damn right he would. And everyone else who has looked down on him which has been...everyone else but Akane and most of the girls.

Does this make him evi? No...he's just doing what anyone else would do in his position.

Why is it such a big deal with Furuichi doing basically the same thing? It's not like he's glomping girls left and right (with Aoi, that was a matter out of his control...at first but hey, I'd risk a beatdown to hold onto Aoi like that... ).

I fail to see why Furuichi doing this is such a big shocker.
Old 2012-09-17, 16:20   Link #3455
Master Chibi

Quote:
If you think Happosai can't kick everyone's ass in a 1-1 fight, then I have no idea what manga you're reading.
He NEVER kicks their ass, he just acts the pervert and stays as comedic relief.

Him being able to kick anyone's ass is beside the point, I brought it up because what's happening here in Beelzebub would be akin to him dropping his perverted ways and ACTUALLY kicking everyone's ass and just leaving a trail of bodies the whole time.

Old 2012-09-17, 20:10   Link #3456
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Does this make him evi? No...he's just doing what anyone else would do in his position.
Not everyone would.

And this reminds me of shows like Chronicle, where we see a normal kid get powers and abuse them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
He NEVER kicks their ass, he just acts the pervert and stays as comedic relief.

Him being able to kick anyone's ass is beside the point, I brought it up because what's happening here in Beelzebub would be akin to him dropping his perverted ways and ACTUALLY kicking everyone's ass and just leaving a trail of bodies the whole time.
Wrong genre for that considering Ranma was pretty much pure comedy. Plus, why would he need to leave a trail of bodies? It's not like anyone can actually do ANYTHING to him

Old 2012-09-18, 21:28   Link #3457
Master Chibi

Uh I wouldn't definitely shack Beelzebub and Ranma into the same genre.

Battle Comedy or whatever you want to call it.

I'm just going to stop now, you're reaching pretty hard to disprove my point.

Old 2012-09-19, 03:54   Link #3458
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And so, Furuichi had a serious fight with Oga! It's good to have some light shed on their relationship, even if it strays from their usual character. Next chapter seems to be a flashback one...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 04:43   Link #3459
Seitsuki
Onee!

Holy shit, that was actually awesome.

And Furuichi's eyes. Respect. No other word suffices. I think his badass level just multiplied by a factor of 10.
Old 2012-09-19, 04:48   Link #3460
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I can't wait for the next chapter I hope it'll be full of awesome flashback or something

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence