AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-05-01, 06:27   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Higurashi - Requests for new threads

Since the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Higurashi no Naku Koro ni thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 07:09   Link #2
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Yay!
New forum!

Since we piece together theories from various episodes, we'll definately need some kind of theory thread. I think other members could go into better detail, though.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 07:21   Link #3
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Could we also have a general merchandise thread (like in the Utawarerumono forum)?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 07:29   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Since we piece together theories from various episodes, we'll definately need some kind of theory thread. I think other members could go into better detail, though.
Yes, definitely.

Since I haven't played the game and have only started to watch the series, I'll have to leave this up to someone like kj1980 but maybe there's a need for two different threads concerning such speculation.

One where people (most likely non-game players) can post their ideas and thoughts as to where they think the series is going (a sort of "non-spoiler" speculation thread). And then a second thread for the people who have played the game where they can discussion the actual events in the game and their interpretation of the way they think the anime will go.

Any comments on this (again, it's going to be something that kj1980 will have to decide on) but comments from the non-game players are welcome. It might be that just a "non-spoiler" and "spoiler" speculation thread would be better suited.
Old 2006-05-01, 07:37   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Could we also have a general merchandise thread (like in the Utawarerumono forum)?
What! You mean we can already purchase Rena-chan meat cleavers! Cool!

We do plan to create the usual threads so give us a day or so to sort ourselves out. I want to make sure there isn't the same problems we had with the other new forums we've been creating latley.

I'm sure Catgirls will create the Image and Avatar threads, and kj1980 will create the Game and Speculation threads. I'll look at making some of the others as well.
Old 2006-05-01, 07:48   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Damn.. someone got to the merchandise asking before me! >.<
Old 2006-05-01, 08:51   Link #7
Scribble
Sloth

What about a TIPS thread? The few TIPS that were posted really helped the speculation. They're not spoilers as such....anime-only Higurashi just didn't get them, so we're at a disadvantage, right?
Old 2006-05-01, 08:55   Link #8
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

It would be good to have a "guessing game/speculation game" thread instead of a normal speculation one. Somewhat like a normal speculation thread but with some expert on Higurashi giving out hints and keep the guessing game going (like what we had in the old Higurashi thread)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 09:15   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
What about a TIPS thread? The few TIPS that were posted really helped the speculation. They're not spoilers as such....anime-only Higurashi just didn't get them, so we're at a disadvantage, right?
I think the tips should be inside the speculation thread - we all know how many people wanna speculate.
Old 2006-05-01, 09:19   Link #10
Scribble
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I think the tips should be inside the speculation thread - we all know how many people wanna speculate.
Yeah, I suggested a new thread for the TIPS so they don't get jumbled up with other posts - so readers can easily refer to it. But I suppose that problem can be resolved by just putting the TIPS in the first post only. =D
Old 2006-05-02, 01:30   Link #11
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
I know it's early, but 3-4 months later this forum probably needs a "favorite chapter poll+discussion" thread.
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 12:21   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just in case if you haven't noticed it already, the TIPS thread has been created as a sticky on top of this sub-forum.

Please feel free to utilize them in your quest to solve the mystery. As stated in that thread, no posting is allowed there unless you can help contribute by translating some of the TIPS.

As of today, all the TIPS for the Onikakushi-hen chapter have been done. As the most recent episode was the beginning to Watanagashi, we've gone and started some of the Watanagashi-hen TIPS up to the relevant point of most-recently aired episode.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 12:25   Link #13
FubaredByAnime

Would it be practical to add separate speculation/guess work threads for each story arc? We can keep the general speculation thread to talk about the overall story, and then keep smaller, arc-specific questions for each respective thread. That would save headaches when the momentum of questions start to appear at the end of the 2nd arc.

Also, maybe add a character speculation/comment thread too?

[Edited]
Let me add that threads for each episode should probably be more for expressing about what people thought of the episode than what people think what's happening in this mystery. The problem with adding speculation and thoughts about the story is that it gets split among 4-5 threads for each story arc.

Just a thought, anyway.

Last edited by FubaredByAnime; 2006-05-07 at 12:38.
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 00:55   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Would it be practical to add separate speculation/guess work threads for each story arc? We can keep the general speculation thread to talk about the overall story, and then keep smaller, arc-specific questions for each respective thread. That would save headaches when the momentum of questions start to appear at the end of the 2nd arc.

Also, maybe add a character speculation/comment thread too?

[Edited]
Let me add that threads for each episode should probably be more for expressing about what people thought of the episode than what people think what's happening in this mystery. The problem with adding speculation and thoughts about the story is that it gets split among 4-5 threads for each story arc.

Just a thought, anyway.
I think the each individual episodes will do just fine...it's kind of difficult to regulate what people thought about the episode without leaving out dicussions as this is a mystery/suspense anime. So I'll keep the format as it is: episode thread for impressions, comments, and question regarding to that episode/chapter, and the general thread for overall questions.

As for the character speculation, I'll create something similar to the one in the Fate thread.
Old 2006-05-09, 10:24   Link #15
FubaredByAnime

Maybe you guys should have a FAQ, controlled only you the moderators to answer/comment on the questions that keeps seemingly to pop up, such as:

- How are the chapters related to each other?
- Is that a gun on Mion's shoulder?
- Why is Rika so cute?

Then you can tell anyone who asks to please refer to the FAQ. I too keep feeling like it's broken record when the same question. Also, I think it kinda wastes time when KJ and Sushi have to write long descriptions of what's going on. And I'm sure we all asked all three questions at some point.
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 14:12   Link #16
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Can there be a thread for the posting and discussion of the OP/ED and various inserts/related songs and OSTs?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 11:45   Link #17
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Can there be a thread for the posting and discussion of the OP/ED and various inserts/related songs and OSTs?
No problem. You can find it here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32067
Old 2006-05-25, 11:41   Link #18
Nics

I had to come out of lurking to post this, seems like my account got deleted during the whole board crash a while back, but anyways --

Can we start threads for each 'chapter' or 'arc' of the series? I was trying to post something about the shion/mion thing, but they could fall into any of the episode 5-8 threads.
Nics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 12:11   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nics
I had to come out of lurking to post this, seems like my account got deleted during the whole board crash a while back, but anyways --

Can we start threads for each 'chapter' or 'arc' of the series? I was trying to post something about the shion/mion thing, but they could fall into any of the episode 5-8 threads.
Someone mentioned this earlier. Although there is a general theory discussion to discuss overall questions, would anyone see a benefit of having a discussion section pertaining to each chapter? For example, we already have:

1. Discussion sections for each episode (x 26)
2. An overall general theory section (x 1)
3. And the possibilty of discussion sections for each chapter (x 6)

It is inevitable that such discussions will overlap. I need to see more of the pros and cons of gaining six additional chapter discussion sections. For example, what is there to stop people who have watched Watanagashi-hen to start spoiling in Onikakushi-hen? If such chaos ensues, it might be better off to leave the overall discussion with that singular general theory section. Please give me your input.
Old 2006-05-25, 13:27   Link #20
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I like the idea, but I don't think I'm the only the one that has a terrible time wanting to be surprised at chapters but keep hitting the spoiler button on posts anyway. Which probably seems really wierd. I would vote on putting up the chapter discussions as they finish in the anime series, this would allow people that have played the game to give input on things that were left out in the anime series.

I'll put up a really crappy pros and cons list

Pros

-It allows for a more in depth look at chapters,characters,plot and setting
-People who played the game can toss in things left out
-By putting up chapters already played in the anime it allows for more feedback from other members
-Not necessary for people to put up spoiler tags

Cons

-Overlapping with a series like this it's probably gonna more with later chapters looking back on earlier ones.
-Flaming wars are likely but maybe can be avoided (ex. the your wrong i'm right type stuff)
-Admins/Mods have to lookout for people putting in other chapter spoilers. A person may be discussing Onikakushi-hen because they have'nt seen Watanagashi-hen yet.

This is just some things I thought up off the top of my head.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote