AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 05:45   Link #241
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I finally downloaded the beta today and the beta map itself looks fantastic. I ran into a very, very bad lag that caused jittering and flickering of everything around me, along with slowdown and serious delays in firefights. Does anyone else have this problem and are there ways to remedy it?

Before you ask- yes, my XBOX is directly plugged in via Ethernet. No, I don't have any torrents running. No, my internet is not crap; everything else runs lightning fast on it.

Hopefully I can fix this problem so I can play around with the beta while everyone's in on it. My roommate will be buying the full copy but the day I dish out $59.99 (or even more, who knows) for a shooter is the day I start consuming alcohol or something else that I consider bad. XD
Old 2011-10-04, 06:46   Link #242
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Depends what servers you were connecting too probably. If you can't get one in your region you'll get punted to one elsewhere. Like the AU servers are either packed or not working tonight. Ended up in NZ... then over in Europe... then the US.
Old 2011-10-04, 08:13   Link #243
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I finally downloaded the beta today and the beta map itself looks fantastic. I ran into a very, very bad lag that caused jittering and flickering of everything around me, along with slowdown and serious delays in firefights. Does anyone else have this problem and are there ways to remedy it?

Before you ask- yes, my XBOX is directly plugged in via Ethernet. No, I don't have any torrents running. No, my internet is not crap; everything else runs lightning fast on it.

Hopefully I can fix this problem so I can play around with the beta while everyone's in on it. My roommate will be buying the full copy but the day I dish out $59.99 (or even more, who knows) for a shooter is the day I start consuming alcohol or something else that I consider bad. XD
I didn't have any problems with lag, the map looked great, but I did have problems with matchmaking initially. I wonder if the Battlefield will have dedicated servers for multiplayer, that usually greatly enhances the quality when it comes to matchmaking.

The controls seemed tighter and more responsive than in CoD. Modern Warfare 3 has a very strong contender this year.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:24   Link #244
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Depends what servers you were connecting too probably. If you can't get one in your region you'll get punted to one elsewhere. Like the AU servers are either packed or not working tonight. Ended up in NZ... then over in Europe... then the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I didn't have any problems with lag, the map looked great, but I did have problems with matchmaking initially. I wonder if the Battlefield will have dedicated servers for multiplayer, that usually greatly enhances the quality when it comes to matchmaking.

The controls seemed tighter and more responsive than in CoD. Modern Warfare 3 has a very strong contender this year.

Thanks for the assistance. I know there's nothing wrong with the server itself, since I watched my roommate play it several times on his XBOX with no sorts of lag whatsoever. Playing today and the flickering is a lot better. It's at this point that I'm realizing how much different this is to CoD- I'm having difficulties winning. XD

But still, nice game. Actually forces you to be a team player at times and think before taking action.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:38   Link #245
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Been playing the Beta on teh PS3 and I gotta say it's very good.
Haven't been messing around with options or what not to see how things are, just simply playing the game. felt I'll do that when the real game swings around.

It does have it's problems but so far I think it's only been visual/gameplay ones, ones that should be fixed by release.
Don't know about any problems with like friend invites and so forth, haven't had the chance to try em out. My friends all still playing CoD>__<

But from what I read here I hope them "problems" don't make their way to the consoles.
I also have a problem with developers taking out stuff that worked really well in previous games, even if they may seem like small stuff.

Quote:
But still, nice game. Actually forces you to be a team player at times and think before taking action.
Thats one of the good things about BF but problem being atm without playing with people you know it's hard being a "team" player with PUGS so I don't really bother and just gung ho it

having good fun with this atm and really can't wait till release!
Old 2011-10-04, 18:30   Link #246
Seitsuki
Onee!

So what graphics cards are you guys using to run this thing?

I've been thinking of getting a GTX 570 or 580, is that enough for ~high settings? (I'm not even going to TRY ultra.. == )
Old 2011-10-04, 19:45   Link #247
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

I've been thinking of getting a GTX 570 or 580, is that enough for ~high settings? (I'm not even going to TRY ultra.. == )
My lack of monetary wealth means I'm stuck with a 9800GTX (512MB GDDR5)... all of my settings are very much on low (in auto mode).
My m11xR3 packs a 540M, bringing it up to medium.
(Reminds me of my second desktop computer, bought to run BF2, only to find that it could barely run on low settings (6600GT) )
Old 2011-10-04, 23:56   Link #248
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've got a GTX 460 SE, got it for $160 AU (IIRC) a couple months back. Defaults to high settings for me on auto and was getting about 45-55 fps with no slow down. (turned off Motion Blur though)

Old 2011-10-05, 01:42   Link #249
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

I've got MSI G560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC a week ago - running on ULTRA with no slow downs. (1920x1080)
Old 2011-10-05, 02:07   Link #250
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

@Mr Hat and Clogs: Story of my life. "I'm just gonna look in this direction for a minute to check if anyone comes from behin-*dead from other direction."

@Seitsuki: Radeon 5770 512. Running everything Low and it flows perfectly. Can probably handle Medium, but it'd affect my performance.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 02:19   Link #251
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Everyone get on the beta right now and do this. NOW.

Old 2011-10-05, 06:41   Link #252
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Everyone get on the beta right now and do this. NOW.

*snip*
OMFG thats epic! LOL!
Old 2011-10-05, 15:17   Link #253
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

ROFL, how do you do that?!

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:44   Link #254
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I hear that medics do that either after resuscitating someone or when carrying a certain piece of equipment. It's a hilarious bug...OR IS IT EVEN A BUG?
Old 2011-10-05, 15:52   Link #255
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Excellent...
Old 2011-10-06, 02:03   Link #256
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
BC2 had a similar animation glitch. Usually after throwing down a medic pack.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 05:25   Link #257
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

As we near the last days of the Open Beta, DICE have apparently opened up Caspian Border to the public (subject to server availability, which seems to be low as of writing).

via Battlefield FB page:
Quote:
Heads up, PC players - We're opening up Caspian Border this weekend! We're going to be load testing servers while you and your friends participate in 64-player matches. Be sure to read ALL the details here: http://t.co/uQ8yf0s4
Spoiler for original forum post:
Old 2011-10-07, 05:49   Link #258
konart

Already there!
Old 2011-10-07, 09:32   Link #259
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Old 2011-10-07, 09:57   Link #260
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Anyone had problems with the BF3 beta drivers to AMD cards? My Catalyst Control Center has buggered off and won't let me swap my monitors. The "Accept these changes" prompt won't show up so it switches back.

Also, that video is sheer horror. NOPE.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote