AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-02-06, 19:56   Link #1
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Translations offered for Japanese songs/Music Videos (concept)

Hi,

I had this idea today and I was wondering if people would actually use it. Basically I want to open up an irc channel or something where people can go with japanese songs & music videos that they would like translated where they can have it done by me or any other translator who would be interested in helping. I think of it as an interesting way to experience new stuff without taking too much of a time commitment, and a good way to keep from getting burned out/bored! (^o^)/

So anyway, would people be interested in such a thing? O_O;;

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 20:02   Link #2
Lucier
Lunar Translator

only if it's #tofu-tastes-like-chicken =D

tho u'd just put out .txt files with TLS?
sounds okay
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 20:02   Link #3
GipFace

Err ...

I think of it as an interesting way to experience new stuff without taking too much of a time commitment, and a good way to keep from getting burned out/bored!

Are you sure about that? There are hundreds of I've songs D:

But I think it's a neat idea. Not too sure about the burned out part, though.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 20:58   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

I dunno, I have a pretty good understanding of Japanese, I wouldn't really need such a channel. However if it was CHINESE, that would be interesting. Seeing as I have about 100 chinese songs and I don't understand a single word.... But that isn't really what the thread is about, is it?
Old 2004-02-06, 21:02   Link #5
brood-faun

I think it is great idea. After all, opening/ending theme are the hardest part of the translation IMO.
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 21:53   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brood-faun
I think it is great idea. After all, opening/ending theme are the hardest part of the translation IMO.
Yes, many groups get the lyrics wrong and/or rush through the translations, making the English lines look like crap. However, I do agree it is harder to create poetic sounding and correct translations for songs than for dialog.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 02:15   Link #7
Kamui-
F4

#Kuraki-Fans@irc.mircx.com does pretty much anything they are interrested imo, from jap to kor to chinese. And we get some translators from fansub group to help or just public ones @ animelyrics.com would work too if we don't have the translation of it. So anyone who has something contribute are welcome.
Kamui- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 12:19   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui-
#Kuraki-Fans@irc.mircx.com does pretty much anything they are interrested imo, from jap to kor to chinese. And we get some translators from fansub group to help or just public ones @ animelyrics.com would work too if we don't have the translation of it. So anyone who has something contribute are welcome.
Be aware that a lot of the public ones on animelyrics are wrong both in transliteration and in translation.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 20:14   Link #9
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Be aware that a lot of the public ones on animelyrics are wrong both in transliteration and in translation.
Yeah... we noticed.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 10:49   Link #10
mbanu

Do any fansub groups still do Japanese animated music videos? There are some animators and anime directors out there who seem to work almost exclusively in music videos and commercials; they do some really awesome work, honestly, but don't have much visibility unless they happen to have also worked on some sort of traditional anime release, allowing them to get an entry in one of the anime databases, like ANN's Encyclopedia...
mbanu is offline   Reply With Quote