AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 00:00   Link #7601
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so the biggest threat and darkness in this competition come from Kingdom of Fiore...

It's nice how Lucy now can control multiple spirits and combine it with her 'whip weapon'
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 00:14   Link #7602
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I will only say this now: Flare is still hot.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 06:48   Link #7603
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I bet Raven Tail could be an ally, not an enemy. They're probably trying to make Fairy Tail lose quickly so they can be spared whatever the followers of Zeref are planning.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ivan went hero after both his father and son disappeared. He did make his guild go legit. Makarov and Laxus were presumed dead for a decade... this would have been devastating to Ivan.

Could Ivan be pulling a Snape? Pretending to be a Death Eater?

Those dark wizards and their infiltration of governments....
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:06   Link #7604
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
FUCK YES! W-SUMMON! And Cancer being actually useful and awesome in a fight!

Knew it had to happen eventually, and FINALLY a fight where Lucy acts badass. Even if she loses (and it looks like she might lose, or at least take a beating, to save Asuka), I think I can tolerate it now. I'm actually really eager to see this fight animated, though I have a feeling the anime will take a break or do filler before hitting this arc.

And we get a hint as to the purpose of the tournament: it does relate to Zeref. Something about matured fruit beginning to ripen. Does it refer to Fairy Tail being there? After all, Zeref has some connection to Natsu (which might have some connection to Lucy as well). Is it the fact that they are stronger now and proving it? Or is the spent magic power being absorbed by the "fruit" and growing?

And I have a feeling that, Mavis will sacrifice herself this arc. At least do something to where she has to go away or is captured or something. I don't see her hanging around past this arc.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:14   Link #7605
palpatin

I thought she wasn't really physically there, but more like a projection of some kind, to give advice and to look how her guild is doing.
...like Obi-wan later in Star Wars :B
Old 2012-02-18, 09:47   Link #7606
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Poor Cancer being always looked down.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:22   Link #7607
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Lucy did much better than i initially expected here, I actually hope she wins this time. And it seems Zeref really got high up in the 7 years he is given.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 14:03   Link #7608
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

Knew it had to happen eventually, and FINALLY a fight where Lucy acts badass. Even if she loses (and it looks like she might lose, or at least take a beating, to save Asuka), I think I can tolerate it now. I'm actually really eager to see this fight animated, though I have a feeling the anime will take a break or do filler before hitting this arc.

And we get a hint as to the purpose of the tournament: it does relate to Zeref. Something about matured fruit beginning to ripen. Does it refer to Fairy Tail being there? After all, Zeref has some connection to Natsu (which might have some connection to Lucy as well). Is it the fact that they are stronger now and proving it? Or is the spent magic power being absorbed by the "fruit" and growing?

And I have a feeling that, Mavis will sacrifice herself this arc. At least do something to where she has to go away or is captured or something. I don't see her hanging around past this arc.

I don't think she will sacrifice herself, I don't think she can. It seems she can't affect the outside world much in her state, just interact with Fairy Tail.

I wonder if Lucy's dad was ever a mage. Her mom was. What if... nah. He could be the dude in the bunny suit or the guy in the armor...nah.

The anime has to go on Naruto style filler for 12 or more episodes. They could have done filler before beginning this arc but they can pull it off.

Ichiya, Lyon, the Tower of Heaven trio, Exceed, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, other Fairy Tail members may get episodes/mini-arcs about their exploits before the core FT members disappeared.

Oh yeah, I wonder how the Edolas people are doing...
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 14:13   Link #7609
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The anime has to go on Naruto style filler for 12 or more episodes. They could have done filler before beginning this arc but they can pull it off.

Ichiya, Lyon, the Tower of Heaven trio, Exceed, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, other Fairy Tail members may get episodes/mini-arcs about their exploits before the core FT members disappeared.

Oh yeah, I wonder how the Edolas people are doing...
A Japanese blog confirmed that there will be a filler arc or two, and even suggested what the filler will involve. If you want to learn more, or help me learn more myself, let us take this discussion to the anime thread.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 14:24   Link #7610
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
A Japanese blog confirmed that there will be a filler arc or two, and even suggested what the filler will involve. If you want to learn more, or help me learn more myself, let us take this discussion to the anime thread.
What does it say it involves? I would expect it to be about the guild during the time skip; how Droi got fat, how Reedus got thin, how Macao became guild master, and Al and Bisc's wedding. Maybe the first filler will be about Romeo becoming a mage and searching for Natsu and the rest.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:21   Link #7611
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
What does it say it involves? I would expect it to be about the guild during the time skip; how Droi got fat, how Reedus got thin, how Macao became guild master, and Al and Bisc's wedding. Maybe the first filler will be about Romeo becoming a mage and searching for Natsu and the rest.
Well, it's been said that there were a number of concepts in the manga that Hiro Mashima wanted to include, but didn't for one reason or another, and that's the basis of the filler shown in the anime. But if you want a direct answer, just go to the anime thread. Our latest discussion has all the details you seek. Or I'll just PM you. Sit tight.

Old 2012-02-18, 19:15   Link #7612
kitten320

Oh wow, Lucy actually dominated this fight!

But going by the next chapters title looks like she will give up or something =/
That's lame! Makarov, 1st! Just what the hell are you doing! You are high class magicians, how can you not notice that especially when Lucy did!
Also what are Aizack and Bisca doing? Shouldn't they occasionally look at their daughter and notice hair near by?
Old 2012-02-18, 19:37   Link #7613
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh wow, Lucy actually dominated this fight!

But going by the next chapters title looks like she will give up or something =/
That's lame! Makarov, 1st! Just what the hell are you doing! You are high class magicians, how can you not notice that especially when Lucy did!
Also what are Aizack and Bisca doing? Shouldn't they occasionally look at their daughter and notice hair near by?
But wait! What if they end up changing the title for the chapter when it's released? I mean, it's happened before. Chapter 259 was originally gonna be titled "Sky Dragon Grandeeney," but it was changed to "Porlyusica." And we know that the chapter didn't really involve Grandeeney.

Old 2012-02-18, 23:54   Link #7614
Krono

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the only other thing to be found at the moment is this snippet from the anime news that came with chapter 269:

Quote:
But wait! What if they end up changing the title for the chapter when it's released? I mean, it's happened before. Chapter 259 was originally gonna be titled "Sky Dragon Grandeeney," but it was changed to "Porlyusica." And we know that the chapter didn't really involve Grandeeney.
Unlikely. It's only happened a couple times, excluding cases where the translator screwed up.

On a more general note, a lot of people on the internet seem to be calling Flare weak just because Lucy's getting the upper hand on her, which is probably a disservice to Flare. Lucy just got a massive power up that lets her casually summon multiple spirits at a time, when before it was impossible for her in any combat worthy form.

Flare on her part casually jumped above and out of the way of Taurus's swing, casually blocked Scorpio's sandstorm shot, and either evaded, or tanked the combo attack without damage. Note that by virtue of Lucy powering up, all her spirits should be powered up as well. Cancer cutting her hair just pissed her off, and she can not only send her hair through the ground to attack, she can send it the through the ground the very large distance to the stands to threaten Asuka.

That's enough to curb-stomp Lucy pre-power up. As it stands, Lucy didn't even so much have the upper hand as she was fighting evenly with Flare.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 03:05   Link #7615
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'm pretty sure the only other thing to be found at the moment is this snippet from the anime news that came with chapter 269:

Okay, now that is just frickin' sweet. Mirajane looks awesome with her hair down. I know it's happened a few times before, but I still consider it a rare treat. And I wonder if Kinana will ever reunite with Cobra, if he's still alive (the anime may make it so, or at least more obvious)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Unlikely. It's only happened a couple times, excluding cases where the translator screwed up.
Well, in the case of that one chapter, it really did happen. The Japanese title really did translate to "Sky Dragon Grandeeney" and was changed to "Porlyusica."

Old 2012-02-19, 11:04   Link #7616
immblueversion

Hey guys, lookie what I found. I don't know if it's concept art for the manga or anime, but I do know it came with the volume 31 manga release.

Old 2012-02-19, 15:16   Link #7617
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oooh, a face glyph~. I wonder what sort of significance that thing actually carries, if any.
Old 2012-02-19, 15:26   Link #7618
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Face glyphs were characteristic of the people of Mildea in RAVE; I assume Jellal was given his as an homage to Sieghart from said series.
Quote:
Hey guys, lookie what I found. I don't know if it's concept art for the manga or anime, but I do know it came with the volume 31 manga release.
I know that it looks cool and I'm waiting for it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 16:11   Link #7619
Krono

Quote:
Well, in the case of that one chapter, it really did happen. The Japanese title really did translate to "Sky Dragon Grandeeney" and was changed to "Porlyusica."
I know, but it's only happened one other time than that. And that chapter did contain a Grandeeney, and a bit of discussion, and revelations related to Sky Dragon Grandeeney, so it's not like the chapter title was intended to be misleading. So I doubt a drastic change will occur here.

Quote:
That'd be the concept sketch art that usually gets put at the front of volume releases, and they typically remove in the US releases in favor of more "next volume preview" pages at the back.

So basically it's some character designs that Mashima considered, and discarded for post time skip Jellal and Meledy.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 09:36   Link #7620
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Jellal w/ stubble? ... Not bad. Long haired Jellal looks like a badass - which does not equate to Jellal... >.>

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen