AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 18:49   Link #81
Connavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I can't deny that's basically true, at the professional level. But there is a large minority here that has played the game. Up to age 13, more kids in the US play organized soccer than any other team sport. And there are actually more youth soccer players in Canada than hockey players. And professional soccer is gaining in popularity. The Seattle Sounders had an average attendance of almost 31,000 chanting, scarf-waving fans a game last year. (Team owned by Paul Allen, who was Bill Gates' partner in founding Microsoft.)
Yeah i know Soccer is big with the kids in NA,thats how the sport became the biggest in the world but mainstream wise people over in NA like to joke like Soccer is tiny sport.

Not even those countries can fight the appeal of soccer.

Nice to see fans than can enjoy soccer anime like. You dont have to a soccer fan to like this show. I mean i like some baseball anime,manga i have seen,read and i cant stand that sport.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 13:49   Link #82
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Just watching eps 3 by now....

woooot... Andrea Pirlo became AC Milan Captain

So Gino seems to be Deep Lying Playmaker huh... and Tatsumi looked love wings play too, interesting... I predict They'll be use flexible formation which can be change adapting the game situation.
4-5-1 Big Phil version eh...

And i have bad feeling from next eps preview, its seem ETU lose because Tsubaki error's (why Fabianski name cross my mind )
Old 2010-04-19, 21:04   Link #83
Micke

3 different groups are subbing this an all of them are doing it the mkv way

Why is all new anime in that format? What happen to xvid?
I love football and I love(d) anime so when finaly a anime I could watch comes out (except for Hajime no Ippo: New challenger) comes out I can't watch it....

Fuck..
Old 2010-04-19, 21:17   Link #84
Jaden

Why can't you watch it, you know about This stuff, right?

I'm loving this anime though. Used to play soccer but don't really like it these days, however the show has a suprisingly in-depth view on the game that I find interesting.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:09   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is really great fun so far. Some nice action, character dynamics and pretty authentic football detail. I find myself anxiously awaiting the next episode, and that's always a good sign.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 00:40   Link #86
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
And i have bad feeling from next eps preview, its seem ETU lose because Tsubaki error's (why Fabianski name cross my mind )
Fortunately it's just a pre-season match.

Though since it's the top team vs. the worst team it should be a steam roll for the top guys.

I'm gonna assume that this time around ETU isn't going down very easily and that'll be enough to give confidence in Tatsumi's abilities.

For the ETU, a draw or a close match would count as a "win" for them.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 02:31   Link #87
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Yea .. but for the worst team's manager to spout something like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi
I can guarantee at a draw if you follow my tactic
That is one **** bus-3rd

Now, when you are playing the manager of the team.. you must learn to balance 2 major things.. YOUR tactic and THE players. It must be balance, and when I say balanced.. it doesnt means 50-50.. it can be 30-70 .. or it can be 80-20. There is no point if your tactic are perfect but your team cant execute it. I must admit that when i play football management game, I played the good team (with good players) but thats because I wanted my players to be able to execute my instruction.. Nothing more headbashing, or mouse throwing induced rage, then to have a carefully laid out plan failed.. because the player cant pass -.-.. I dont have the patience for that

I would say that Tatsumi .. follows the 90-10 road.. He wants his team to rigidly follow his tactic... but he allow a little creativity (Gino being a good playmaker) to decide the game. Its a good thing tho, as if he allow a lot more creativity, they would fall back into their old style of play. Now we'll see if its working.

Next week seems to focus about Tsubaki.. One by one, we should see the team's core player.. Last week its Murakoshi.. this week, Gino .. next week, Tsubaki.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 04:14   Link #88
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Talk about Core player of ETU, its seems Gino have more respect from the squad even more than Murakoshi.
I wonder why... and from his appearance and skillwise too (lol dat Lambhorgini) he's seemed one of top player of the league. But why he play for poor team like ETU ?

I guess he have problem with long injury as mentioned on eps 3, and caused the Top team don't want him anymore...
Old 2010-04-20, 04:55   Link #89
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Talk about Core player of ETU, its seems Gino have more respect from the squad even more than Murakoshi.
I wonder why... and from his appearance and skillwise too (lol dat Lambhorgini) he's seemed one of top player of the league. But why he play for poor team like ETU ?

I guess he have problem with long injury as mentioned on eps 3, and caused the Top team don't want him anymore...
I agree, and his prima donna attitude won't be liked by the top teams too. I think even ETU doesn't really like his attitude, but tolerates with it because he's good. I think Gino realizes this too, that's why he's fine with being in a place where his demands can be met. Also, his motivation shows in picking players for the minigame: in a bad team, he can blame his teammates if he loses but he can get greater glory if he wins with a handicap.

About this episode, I like how it shows that even Tatsumi is not really that infallible, that sometimes his plan can go awry like shown in the first half of the ep. He honestly admits that even he can't go 'Just as Planned' like Light Yagami, and what's interesting is not when everything go as plan, but when everything goes better than planned. I can't wait for next week, we finally have a real big match. Hopefully they spend the animation budget for this one...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:17   Link #90
Connavar

Gino i thought was more like a younger version of Totti, a playmaker with uncanny passing ability. Pirlo sucks these days, deep playingmaker or not.

Hey guys please spoiler tag talking about the fact that the team will lose the game next ep is about.....

Talk about taking away the suspense
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 05:28   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

In terms of story development, I think losing is the best ending for this match TBH. Maybe a close scoreline.. but lose none the less. Winning would be a very surprising outcome. It would be lack of drama buildup. and very bad character development.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-20, 05:35   Link #92
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
Gino i thought was more like a younger version of Totti, a playmaker with uncanny passing ability. Pirlo sucks these days, deep playingmaker or not.
Totti is always played like Baggio I think, Deep Lying Striker that strike from Deep area and almost looked like playmaker of the team, but actually he's not. But yeah Flamboyant attitude of Gino surely reference to him
But I think Gino fit well for captaincy role, he's may disliked by his bad attitude, but his teammate admire his skill and charisma, and that the most important part to be Captain.

For the pirlo part.... yeah man... he have shitty years... But we know he have Class, as some quote said, Form is Temporary and Class is Eternal

Quote:

Hey guys please spoiler tag talking about the fact that the team will lose the game next ep is about.....

Talk about taking away the suspense
If you refer to my post, I'm just guessing from the next eps preview, I'm don't know at all if ETU really gonna lose or not
Old 2010-04-20, 06:02   Link #93
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Totti is a classic #10.. players that "play in the hole" behind the striker.. A dying breed nowadays, in 1 or 2 years more, at least once the current player retires, there would be no more classic #10. It got replace by better roles; inside forwards; which are overtly revered now... Robben, CRonaldo, Arshavin. Players who play on the wings then drift insides (CR7 demonstrated how deadly these type of players during his last year with ManU).
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-20, 06:21   Link #94
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Tsubaki seemed to be Inside Forward of ETU huh, on OP he looked played as LMF/LWF but he's dominant foot is on Right foots.
And if its true we must applause the mangaka because he knows this role will be new trend on football
Old 2010-04-20, 06:36   Link #95
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He runs a lot yes.. but to say that he is an inside forward is still too early.. we will see where he played in this game.. He could play in the role of poacher.. beating the offside strategy with his pace alone .. heh.. another dying role

Talking about the OP.. I really like that 1 play.. a pinpoint pass from deep and a winger cutting inside.. remind me of Arsenal in 03-04 season (yup, the invincible team)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-20, 06:46   Link #96
Tri-ring

The Op song fit perfectly making you wanting to root for your favorite team!!
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 07:24   Link #97
Micke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Why can't you watch it, you know about This stuff, right?

I'm loving this anime though. Used to play soccer but don't really like it these days, however the show has a suprisingly in-depth view on the game that I find interesting.
Thanks but I refuse to watch movies/series on my laptop....
If it was Xvid I could watch it from my Xbox 360 or dvd.
Old 2010-04-20, 07:25   Link #98
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, first of all, Yuri is not the daughter of the barkeeper (younger brother), as in the first episode she clearly called the VP (the one with black haired wig) uncle (ojii-san) and the president with the white hair father (oto-san). In the manga, the translation used is 'old man' at which I first thought that he meant that literally, addressing someone significantly older that him. One of the subs said father too, so it's still possible that Tatsumi is the president's son which would make him Yuri's older brother. There's no direct evidence to contradict this as far as I remember, but it's a bit strange the way they call Tatsumi with his family name if they're his family to begin with. Can anyone who understands Japanese checks the first ep? I can't quite catch what Tatsumi says, but it's clearly not oto-san..
Tatsumi called the president "oyaji-san" like some american teenagers (in the 50~60's) called an old man "pops" as a common term.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 08:37   Link #99
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
He runs a lot yes.. but to say that he is an inside forward is still too early.. we will see where he played in this game.. He could play in the role of poacher.. beating the offside strategy with his pace alone .. heh.. another dying role
Talking of beating the offside strategy reminds me of Filippo "Pippo" Inzaghi...If he got 10 scoring chances, in 7 of those he will get caught within offside, but the remaining chances may very well be a hat-trick for him anyway. Another dying role...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Talking about the OP.. I really like that 1 play.. a pinpoint pass from deep and a winger cutting inside.. remind me of Arsenal in 03-04 season (yup, the invincible team)
Yup, in usual anime when I watched the OP for the first time I looked for the animation quality, picking up possible future details and listening to music, but for GK my first thought is: "pass it to that guy, he's free! Yes, nice through!". And like Tri-Ring said, the song is indeed sound perfect for fans cheering for their favorite team.

Btw, that invincible Arsenal line-up is sadly no more today, even considering how many of the players are injured their latest loss against Wigan is a far, far cry of that era...Like my friend said, "The current Barca played Arsenal style football better than Arsenal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Tatsumi called the president "oyaji-san" like some american teenagers (in the 50~60's) called an old man "pops" as a common term.
Ah, I see, so he is the president's son, which makes him Yuri's older brother. Well, there goes any intention of shipping them together. Still, this gives another aspect in his 'betrayal' to the team by going overseas...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 12:29   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Tatsumi isn't the president's son. His name is Tatsumi Takeshi. The president is credited as "Chairman Nagata." His brother is "Vice-Chairman Nagata." And the girl (the vice-chairman's daughter) is Nagata Yuri.

"Oyaji" ("old man") can be used to refer informally to your father, but also to refer to any older man you are close to (or want to put down). In this case I think Tatsumi is using it as a friendly, intimate, but rather rough way of referring to Chairman Nagata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke View Post
Thanks but I refuse to watch movies/series on my laptop....
If it was Xvid I could watch it from my Xbox 360 or dvd.
It requires some fiddling, but I believe you can use the free programs AlltoAvi or AnyVideoConverter to convert from h264 (mkv or mp4) to xvid avi. I think the reason everyone is going to h264 and mkv or mp4 is that h264 gives better image quality at the same file size.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports