AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2017-06-07, 08:19   Link #561
4th Dimension

@lyrical That might not be a good idea. They would need to introduce those characters first, that is their Movie verse versions, and they will allready be strapped for time given that they need to introduce the three Eltrians (Amita, Kyrie and Eris) and three Materials and handle probably introduction of Yuri at the end.
AND give screen tome to both the Aces (they aren't that yet I think) and the Wolkies.

The games didn't need to bother as much since they could assume that the person buying it would be a fan and familiar in general with the setting. Also games were longer than a movie is.

@B214: Frankly it's waaayy too much of it. The worst is that it's all teasing with it, and little actual confirmation. But let's table that issue coz that will easily grow into a flame war.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-06-08 at 16:59.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 10:26   Link #562
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
@lyrical That might not be a good idea. They would need to introduce those characters first, that is their Movie verse versions, and they will allready be strapped for time given that they need to introduce the three Eltrians (Amita, Kyrie and Eris) and three Materials and handle probably introduction of Yuri at the end.
AND give screen tome to both the Aces (they aren't that yet I think) and the Wolkies.

The games didn't need to bother as much since they could assume that the person buying it would be a fan and familiar in general with the setting. Also games were longer than a movie is.
you forgot that this will be two movies so yes they could still give a small introduction if they're really going to be making them appear but that's a big if.
lyrical dark mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 12:43   Link #563
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There was already a statement issued that Vivio, Einhart, Thoma, and Lily won't appear in Reflection.
Old 2017-06-07, 14:30   Link #564
4th Dimension

Also now that I think about it, introducing Thoma who is an Eclipse infectee would also require introducing that, and presents the problem of how do you justify others being able to fight him in short term? Coz he is like invunerable to 99% of what could be thrown his way by the combatants.

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-06-08 at 16:59.
Old 2017-06-08, 05:57   Link #565
lyrical dark mage

I was only saying a what if situation here besides I knew that they probably won't do that
Old 2017-06-13, 04:38   Link #566
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

CM Trailer #2
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 10:22   Link #567
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
New PV featuring MATERIALS and Nana Mizuki's latest song:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MATTERIALS! WHOOP! And it looks like they'll automatically get their names instead of being called Dark versions of the girls as they were in the first game. This is great news! But info that's been out for quite a few days, but I haven't visited this thread for a while .
Old 2017-06-15, 07:52   Link #568
4th Dimension

Yeah, there has been quite a bit of info recently. They seem truly set on reusing the setup from GoD, what with Yuri being the "central character of both movies" that they were talking about.
Also Yuri has probably the most ridiculous get up of them all:

Especially since she was mostly normally dressed back in GoD:

Also I have to say I'm not the greatest fan of how the Materials now look or how they behaved in scant seconds we see them here. They seem to be using their rougher BoA personas.

Which kinda makes me one of those annoying guys that constantly grump about deviations from the source.

Then again I am always that.

Old 2017-06-19, 14:22   Link #569
lyrical dark mage

Personally I like how yuri looks now more, I don't know it just seems cooler to me
Old 2017-06-20, 01:41   Link #570
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

CM Trailer #3
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 06:30   Link #571
4th Dimension

Translated (sorta) main commercial without the commentary
The written parts are likely fine but the translations of the voiced parts are questionable since it's hard to transcribe them.

Old 2017-07-01, 21:05   Link #572
APNki

There will screenings in the US for the movie in October: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ctober/.118311
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 19:29   Link #573
lyrical dark mage

I wonder what they mean by a fate awakened from the past? I know they mean the materials but that's still kind of confusing to me for some reason....
I think the vow is Kyrie's vow to save her father and her world. I think she did say something like that in the previous trailer
seems like the materials will be having a much darker role. would've loved a translation for the first trailer.
well anyway, so we what the hell the characters were saying or at least a general idea (knew like 4 or 3 words of the whole thing from what I memorized in my years of watching anime) thanks a lot for the translation 4th dimension.
Old 2017-07-07, 19:36   Link #574
4th Dimension

"Fate awakened from past" is a reference to Yuri.

Yuri went berserk in the past, and those funny Belkans decided to install Book of the Night Sky right on top of it to control it. Now that BoD is gone, the System UD is about to start it's next rampage.

A grim fate (System UD made BoA seem like picnic since it was POWERING BoD) awakened from past (well Belkans put it to sleep by controlling it with BoD, but now...).

It should be noted that the translation is rough as fuuuuuccckkk, since there are parts that we totally could not hear properly, and without transcribing translating is impossible for me.

The written parts are likely fine.

They seem to have eliminated all the fun from them. Like Levi here is totally not the loveable maniac from GoD. I mean Levi in GoD pronounces onomatopea and explains why she was BMing in BoA by saying that she was half asleep and in her daze she was thinking she was in a show and was playing a big bad boss guy or something if I understand her correctly.

Old 2017-07-08, 08:22   Link #575
lyrical dark mage

oh, I get it now. yeah, I noticed the personality change. I think everyone did and is bothered by it to some degree but actually in Ace of Aces when the materials first awakened they were a little similar to this so maybe that will change later on at the end of the incident or maybe the second movie?
Old 2017-07-08, 08:36   Link #576
4th Dimension

Sure possible, but I also don't like the angle that they are better than the Originals or something. I liked that in games they are strong but are clearly not yet as strong as the Originals. IN fact that is one of driving forces for Stern. She wants to be able to fight Nanoha forever as an equal.

PS. Since I don't see a thread for this, but if anyone wants things to discuss Nanoha or even other Anime vise, there is a Nanoha fanbase Discord server: The Midchilda, which can be joined via the handy link. It's certainly more frequented than this subforum.

Old 2017-07-08, 08:54   Link #577
Kurohane

Overall, we can only wait until the movie comes out to get accurate comparisons. Trailers can be outright misleading on what it presents.
Old 2017-07-08, 08:58   Link #578
lyrical dark mage

you can download an app where you can discuss Nanoha verse and meet other fans and it's more recurrent than this as well, it's called amino, here is a link http://aminoapps.com/c/nanoha-amino
also they needed to be stronger to make the story interesting or at least on the same level as them, what's the suspense if they were weaker?
Old 2017-07-08, 08:59   Link #579
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Overall, we can only wait until the movie comes out to get accurate comparisons. Trailers can be outright misleading on what it presents.
that's true, i really can't wait for that movie!
Old 2017-07-08, 11:00   Link #580
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical dark mage View Post
you can download an app where you can discuss Nanoha verse and meet other fans and it's more recurrent than this as well, it's called amino, here is a link http://aminoapps.com/c/nanoha-amino
also they needed to be stronger to make the story interesting or at least on the same level as them, what's the suspense if they were weaker?
Well you can do this from the browser too.