AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-09, 23:13   Link #61
King Ashram

trust me there are still some very epic fights coming up that you wont want to miss.

and wow. just wow. that episode shined.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:22   Link #62
iamthatguy
Banned

This is by far the most impressive fight I've seen in bleach.

Spoiler for Bleach:
Old 2008-04-09, 23:27   Link #63
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Anyway, I think everyone pretty much agrees that the final scene of this episode was emotionally powerful. I don't say this much, but it was definately better here than it was in the manga.

Last edited by ForgedGlory; 2008-04-10 at 01:23.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:31   Link #64
Jerseykid

great episode
Old 2008-04-09, 23:50   Link #65
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
something tells me we won't see an episode this epic again until the Ulq vs Ichigo rematch.
It would be terrible if that's a year from now
Old 2008-04-09, 23:57   Link #66
bluegarden

Best IchiHime moment so far!!!

loved it!!!
Old 2008-04-10, 00:14   Link #67
xxkuronoxx

Can't believe they covered halibel's lower boobs... just checked chapter 282 to be sure...

expect "less" of halibel in future appearances with what they just did in this episode. that's the only complain i have on this episode
Old 2008-04-10, 00:23   Link #68
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
Spoiler for Spoilerish?:
Spoiler for Spoilerish too?:
Old 2008-04-10, 01:07   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh man, that was good. If I were to rate this episode, it would've been a 9/10.

The thing I like best was that I thought this episode was going to be gay and end with a cliffhanger of Inoue shouting. Nope. It actually showed Ichigo slashing up Grimmjow before it ended, which is a really nice bonus. That little bit just made that episode so much better.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if this is the really same studio that's animating Crappuden. Bleach episodes after the Bouto arc were not excellent, but generally above average and still interesting to watch. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next episode, unless it's some crappy filler. Sorry, but I don't watch episode previews.
Old 2008-04-10, 01:29   Link #70
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ok, that was a badass ending for this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
What an awesome episode!!!!!!
Inoue was portrayed even more emo than she usually is..Seeing Ichigo worrying for being scary to her kinda pissed me off
/backhand

this is the kind of thing that pisses me off w/ some people, learn the difference between being afraid and being emo, they even explained why she was afraid of how Ichigo looked.
Old 2008-04-10, 01:33   Link #71
ipernorris

Oh finally an epic episode! Why can't they make more episodes like this? To save money I guess...
An example? Do you remember Ichigo's training with the Vaizard? I expected it to be animated far better than it was... I thought it was going to be epic but it turned out to be a chicken training...
I arrived at a point where I was going to drop the anime because it kept making me disappointed, but this episode reversed that. I hope the other fights will be good as well, tough I doubt they will be as epical as this one!
Old 2008-04-10, 01:36   Link #72
Jays

What is this? Bleach!? Unbelieveable is all I'm gonna say. Best friggin episode done by the anime team in YEARS!

As a manga reader, I was surprised at how much better the fight was in the anime than in the manga, really well done to the point were I was literally dumb struck by the effort put in. I always felt this fight was lack luster, but they really made it count with animation and such. Grimmjow's release looks better in the anime than in manga, maybe they gave him some bulk, but it looks awesome, compared the skinny little wuss that he looked like. If I did have a bone to pick with it - and it's a really minor one - it's gotta be the actual release of Grimmjow, as I was expecting it to be a bit more flashier, or at least something like this:

Spoiler for picture size:

-

Focusing a bit on the plot, I found Inoue irritating and incredably frustrating to tolerate. I mean she couldn't even say words of support, instead she says "Don't die, Kurosaki-kun!". Shit, she tells him you don't have to win, you don't have to do anything, just don't get hurt.

EARTH TO STUPID THE ONLY WAY HE'S GETTING OUT OF THERE IS IF HE WINS!

She needed a kid to actually convince her to say something. Maybe this is why BleachOD hates her? Meh take it for what it's worth, she fails at having common sense, and she even fails at being a maiden in distress.

-

All in all great episode, unfortunate looks like the animation quality is hitting the shitter next episode, one that would have been as good, if not better than this one.
Old 2008-04-10, 02:57   Link #73
cereal_killerxx

WOW. I'm speechless. That episode was completely and utterly amazing! I might even dare say the best episode so far! It's really too bad that there's gonna be fillers soon. The anime is almost caught up with the manga
Old 2008-04-10, 03:12   Link #74
fizzmaister
The Tall One

When I was watching this episode, specifically the interaction between Ichigo and Inoue, I kept thinking of this poem

"I can't protect you without holding a sword.
I can't embrace you while holding a sword."

except talking about his mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
But what I want to know is where/how did Ichigo get so much power? And how come the time restriction for his hollow mask was suddenly removed? That puzzled the hell out of me...and grimm too apparently.
He's a Saiyan?
Old 2008-04-10, 03:44   Link #75
ipernorris

For the guys who are thinking "how did Ichigo become so strong all of a sudden?!?": this matter has been widely discussed in manga threads over various forums and the most common conclusion was that the time limit was due to Ichigo's fear to be considered as a monster thus being rejected by his nakama. This fear prevents Ichigo to get well in syncronization with his hollow and so we have the time limit. In the first part of this fight Ichigo was very determined in defeating Grimmjaw and the time limit was gone and he was able to use his power much more efficiently than usual. After he saves Inoue for the second time he sees she's afraid of him and his determination starts to fade away and the mask starts cracking. I don't think the mask's cracking was due to the attack Ichigo stopped because he blocked the Gran Cero and was beaten around untill he saved Inoue for the second time and the mask was fine.
Old 2008-04-10, 04:01   Link #76
Ichimaru

Good eps

liked grims release, he seems to fight better in unreleased state imo

at the end of this eps was pretty lame, how ichigo got some plotkai BS.

Inoue kill this bish off plz, another burden to everyone else, waste of screen time and panels
Old 2008-04-10, 04:03   Link #77
a hobbit
a hibbity hobbity hooobit

sounds like a good theory to me.

and OMG this episode was pure epic.
Old 2008-04-10, 04:07   Link #78
jelome1989

great episode, quality drawings and animation, and new soundtrack?

arguably one of bleach's best episodes along with my favorites (60, 114 and 139)

watched the nxt ep preview though, think it wont be as good as this one back to average bleach eps
Old 2008-04-10, 05:01   Link #79
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Shit, she tells him you don't have to win, you don't have to do anything, just don't get hurt.
EARTH TO STUPID THE ONLY WAY HE'S GETTING OUT OF THERE IS IF HE WINS!

Though her words are meaningless to the bigger picture, they are not falling on deaf ears. There's nothing wrong w/ wishing for others wellness. Emotions can make you do/say stupid things. Even if it is for her, she doesn't want to see the one she loves get hurt.

Despite the fact, I loved how Ichigo pulled a Batman w/ stopping Grimmy w/out looking

Also, lolz Yachiro getting pictures of everybody from behind Kenny's hair (except Kenny himself )
Old 2008-04-10, 05:20   Link #80
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
ok, that was a badass ending for this episode.

/backhand

this is the kind of thing that pisses me off w/ some people, learn the difference between being afraid and being emo, they even explained why she was afraid of how Ichigo looked.
Yeah, that explanation was kinda the key point here. Why? Because they made such a drama out of it just to find an "excuse" for her being afraid. (in the manga there was only a tiny pic of her brother, he wasn't even mentioned)
So yeah...being afraid of a supposed friend and love interest for NOTHING, while he saved her from Grimm's attack two times, I'd call that an extremely whining emo.
And yes, I know you love Orihime and her boobs so I won't go any further. (this is not the great pairing discussion)