AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-08, 10:56   Link #21
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
Ok we know she can't take on Naruto, that's for sure. I highly doubt she is at the lvl of Kankuro. Shino would rape her. Zaku would use air pressure to deflect the attacks and dozu can use sound waves to distrubt the accuracy i belive. and Shika, my god he will think of a way to nullify her attacks and using shadows, prolly whe she throws the kunais and stuff they create shadows and krap.
At the prelimanaries, she would have easily beaten Naruto, now it's not possible because of
Spoiler:

I honestly don't see what's so great about Kankuro or Shino, neither of them, in my opinion, have shown that they are that much better than everyone else.
Zaku has shown that he can't deflect all projectiles, as he got hit by Sasuke's shurikens, and Dosu can't mess with her ears unless he's close, and Tenten's specialty is long range fighting.
Shikamaru would probably win, but that's simply because Tenten is a girl, and like Shikamaru says "It would look bad if I lost to a girl" which would make him motivated enough to actually try to win. That is the only reason he even tried to beat Kin and Temari, after all.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:06   Link #22
lotus_lee

Tenten just happened to come up against her worst possible opponent in the Chunnin exam. I hope we get to see more of her. I mean, having a 100% accuracy with projectiles must mean something.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:12   Link #23
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
At the prelimanaries, she would have easily beaten Naruto
I wonder how she could defeat Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.
Apart from that, Shuriken and Kunai never kill people in the series. They just stick them in dead people's backs when no one is looking.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-10-08 at 11:41.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:15   Link #24
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
At the prelimanaries, she would have easily beaten Naruto, now it's not possible because of
Spoiler:

I honestly don't see what's so great about Kankuro or Shino, neither of them, in my opinion, have shown that they are that much better than everyone else.
Zaku has shown that he can't deflect all projectiles, as he got hit by Sasuke's shurikens, and Dosu can't mess with her ears unless he's close, and Tenten's specialty is long range fighting.
Shikamaru would probably win, but that's simply because Tenten is a girl, and like Shikamaru says "It would look bad if I lost to a girl" which would make him motivated enough to actually try to win. That is the only reason he even tried to beat Kin and Temari, after all.

hmm, Naruto could have beaten her at the prelims cuz he has gone kyubi'fied before he would have done it again.

Shino not better than anyone else? Look at him he uses bugs. Imagin all those bugs comming afer you, how many can u kill with that scroll, plus Shino commands them, so they can move and became Bunshins.

And bout Zaku not able to block Sasuke's shuriken's cuz he didn't know there were there, hidden in the fire, and u can't compare the curse seal lvl power with tenten's chakra. Strength wise of the throw of the shuriken. And Dosu he uses sound waves. Sound waves are strong, he doesn't have to be close to enable the sound wave and a sound wave is powerful to deflect kunai's and shuriken's
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:23   Link #25
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I agree. Tenten got put up against the worst possible opponent.
100% accuracy means nothing when the weapons are nullified against the wind.
If she had been put against Sakura, she would have kicked her ass.
Personally, I think Ino was going easy on Sakura.. which I hated.. >_>;
I mean, she could have punched her, but she ended up slapping her instead
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:40   Link #26
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

I think she coudl have beaten Hinata and Ino but those would have been tough fights. Not sure how Hinata would defend but I know Ino could take some quick shuriken shots and then just possess tenten. Tenten would defeat Sakura, Shino could just use his bug clone thing and then just plant some bugs on Tenten like he does to every opponent, Shikamaru can use the shadows of the projectiles or use his superior intelligence to trick Tenten and then shadow bind her. Kankoru could just use the dummy to take all the projectile shots and just wait for Tenten to run out of Chakra. Dosu just has to worry about avoiding the projectiles but im sure hes quicker than Tenten and he would just go in and "sound" her to submission. Zaku like someone else said would just Air blast the projectiles away form him. Narutos Kage Busin would confuse Tenten on who to hit. These scenarios are kind of vague i know since we don't know of Tentens full potential but it just goes to contradict the persons post on how she could beat everyone else. And like i stated before she doesn't seem to have too much endurance nor is she smart to analyze her opponents. Instead of seeing what that giant ass fan can do, she just goes all out on Temari which leads to her demise.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:14   Link #27
Ponko

While I am not sure if Tenten would win against everyone listed, I do not think it is really fair to dismiss her so easily. If fighting Kankuro, why would she waste all her weapons at once hitting him? She would only need a few to hit the puppet to figure out it is not real. If Kankuro plays dead too long, he would be disqualified, so he would eventually have to reveal his true self and then Tenten would know what she is up against. That being said, I personally think Kankuro would win, but I do not think Tenten would be defeated so simply. If anything it would probably be a very frustrating match for both since they are both distance fighters who fire projectiles.

Same with Shino. While it is true that Tenten could probably not hit every bug, she does not have to. All she needs to hit is Shino. Bug clones could only keep her busy for so long and there would be no point in planting bugs when Tenten cannot hide, since the environment was different than when Shino fought Kankuro. Shino has no cover in an open ring, so all Tenten would have to do is plant herself in a corner and watch the whole ring. Again, I am not saying that Shino would not win, but I do not think that it would be as simple as people say. Who knows what both Shino and Tenten would do in that sort of situation.

Speed wise, Tenten and Dosu are the same, according to the character book. We would have to see if dosu could get close to Tenten before he gets hit by a projectile.

I think it is the same with most of the other opponents. While Tenten may not win, knowing so little about her I do not think it is fair to dimiss her so easily. Besides, as others have pointed out, Tenten's goals at the very least are more admirable than the other female Leaf genin. Rather than dreaming about marrying the perfect guy, she wants to become a strong ninja. Not to mention she seems to want to prove the worth of her sex, judging by her reaction to Neji's comments about female ninja. Her assisting Neji shows not only her willingness to help her team mates improve, but also provides training for herself.

Unfortunately, she just ended up with the worse possible opponent for her. The only worse possibility could have been Gaara with his ultimate defense.

Of all the female genin though, Temari is the best. ^____^
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:23   Link #28
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponko
While I am not sure if Tenten would win against everyone listed, I do not think it is really fair to dismiss her so easily. If fighting Kankuro, why would she waste all her weapons at once hitting him? She would only need a few to hit the puppet to figure out it is not real. If Kankuro plays dead too long, he would be disqualified, so he would eventually have to reveal his true self and then Tenten would know what she is up against. That being said, I personally think Kankuro would win, but I do not think Tenten would be defeated so simply. If anything it would probably be a very frustrating match for both since they are both distance fighters who fire projectiles.

Same with Shino. While it is true that Tenten could probably not hit every bug, she does not have to. All she needs to hit is Shino. Bug clones could only keep her busy for so long and there would be no point in planting bugs when Tenten cannot hide, since the environment was different than when Shino fought Kankuro. Shino has no cover in an open ring, so all Tenten would have to do is plant herself in a corner and watch the whole ring. Again, I am not saying that Shino would not win, but I do not think that it would be as simple as people say. Who knows what both Shino and Tenten would do in that sort of situation.

Speed wise, Tenten and Dosu are the same, according to the character book. We would have to see if dosu could get close to Tenten before he gets hit by a projectile.

I think it is the same with most of the other opponents. While Tenten may not win, knowing so little about her I do not think it is fair to dimiss her so easily. Besides, as others have pointed out, Tenten's goals at the very least are more admirable than the other female Leaf genin. Rather than dreaming about marrying the perfect guy, she wants to become a strong ninja. Not to mention she seems to want to prove the worth of her sex, judging by her reaction to Neji's comments about female ninja. Her assisting Neji shows not only her willingness to help her team mates improve, but also provides training for herself.

Unfortunately, she just ended up with the worse possible opponent for her. The only worse possibility could have been Gaara with his ultimate defense.

Of all the female genin though, Temari is the best. ^____^

You make valid point. But the Puupet is not just a puppet it has weapons and poison and not to mention missles (i belive) and bout Shino, in order to hot some1 u must hit them. Juding from the speed when Sasuke went after garra and co. Shino had a late start but Sasuke was also prosponed by temari, so am going to assume the time diff is the same.
Old 2004-10-08, 12:40   Link #29
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
hmm, Naruto could have beaten her at the prelims cuz he has gone kyubi'fied before he would have done it again.
Actually, he couldn't, because Orochimaru put that extra seal on him, remember? I don't think he could even use his normal chakra properly, let alone the kyubi chakra...

When Jiraiya removes Orochimaru's seal from Naruto, he is immediately able to control his chakra good enough to stand on water properly (whereas with the seal, Naruto was constantly sinking as he walked across the water, falling in repeatedly and whatnot), so that probably backs it up.

Also, Kage Bunshins are powerful and all, but they take one hit, and then they disappear. Even with a shuriken or kunai.

Quote:
Shino not better than anyone else? Look at him he uses bugs. Imagin all those bugs comming afer you, how many can u kill with that scroll, plus Shino commands them, so they can move and became Bunshins.
Shino's hardest opponents would probably have been Gaara and Temari. I can't really see a way for him to beat those two. Gaara's automatic defense would be enough to vaporise any bug which tried to approach him with malicious intent, and Temari's clever enough to use her fan as her perfect defence/offense against all projectiles.

Quote:
u can't compare the curse seal lvl power with tenten's chakra
I thought Kakashi had forbidden Sasuke from using the cursed seal's power in the prelim round? He pretty much hinted that he did, Kakashi would automatically interfere and cause Sasuke to be disqualified.
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:47   Link #30
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

This is true that Tenten only has to hit the clone once and has to hit shino but how many times did it take her to realize that just throwing projectiles at Temari wouldn't work? Id figure after the second try i would try something else but she thinks "IM a super awesome female ninja who is awesome and believes in herself. I AM POSITIVE i can hit her this time!" So my guess is her arrogance and her stubborness to prove that her tactics will prevail would lead to her demise just like against Temari. Also, Kankoru fell for Shinos bug clone more than once, what would make anyone think Tenten would fall for it as well?
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:48   Link #31
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabi
Actually, he couldn't, because Orochimaru put that extra seal on him, remember? I don't think he could even use his normal chakra properly, let alone the kyubi chakra...

When Jiraiya removes Orochimaru's seal from Naruto, he is immediately able to control his chakra good enough to stand on water properly (whereas with the seal, Naruto was constantly sinking as he walked across the water, falling in repeatedly and whatnot), so that probably backs it up.

Also, Kage Bunshins are powerful and all, but they take one hit, and then they disappear. Even with a shuriken or kunai.

Shino's hardest opponents would probably have been Gaara and Temari. I can't really see a way for him to beat those two. Gaara's automatic defense would be enough to vaporise any bug which tried to approach him with malicious intent, and Temari's clever enough to use her fan as her perfect defence/offense against all projectiles.

I thought Kakashi had forbidden Sasuke from using the cursed seal's power in the prelim round? He pretty much hinted that he did, Kakashi would automatically interfere and cause Sasuke to be disqualified.

My bad bout the Naruto kyubi thing, I forgot.

I think Shino has no moves because they have none for him at the moment, kinda hard to see what moves he can do with the bugs. Like Special Moves.

you said that Zaku couldn't stop Sasuke's Shuriken, Sasuke was using the curse seal. He had alot of power when he threw those Shurikens which were hidden in the fire. A Curse deal lvl chakra sholdn't be compared to tenten's lvl of chakra IMO.
Old 2004-10-08, 17:03   Link #32
Hideki Keiji

Maybe I wasn't clear, I said that she would be able to put up a good fight against all the people that I listed, not necessarily win. The people I didn't list (Gaara, Neji, Temari, Lee, Kiba, and Sasuke) would, in my opinion, easily win. Sasuke would only lose if he couldn't use his chakra(like in the preliminaries), and he was at the same level as in the preliminaries, IMO. Lee and Kiba are both faster, and Gaara, Temari, and Neji all can defend against projectiles very well. Zaku I'm sure can't shoot air out of his arms forever, and Dosu didn't show the ability to knock stuff away (if he did, please let me know when) and has to be close to affect them with his sound waves (examples: Kabuto and Lee).
I'm also not talking just about them at their pre-3rd exam level of ability. Out of all the female genin, she is the only one with a serious goal to be stronger, so I assume she is improving at the same rate as the others.
Spoiler:

That's all for now.
*Wishes Kishimoto would have shown her fight*
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 22:05   Link #33
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
every1 one keeps talkin about how tenten has 100% accuracy , like no other ninja in the anime has that ? I mean .. I really like tenten and wish they would take her character some where but every ninja we have seen has 100% accuracy with weopons , haku hit zabuza in the right spot in the neck with a needle from far away , naruto was falling in the chuunin exam after oro nocked him out and sakura, sakura of all people, threw a kunia while naruto was falling and caught his back of his shirt and put it against a tree. sasuke hit a rope with a kunai at the very beggining to try and put kakashi in a trap , and also lit his replacement technique up with kunia's and stars. also against the demon brothers , he put a kunia and a star right into the chain. . naruto hit haku right in the face with a star. and there are many more examples

also naruto didnt have all of his chakra when oro sealed it becuase his chakra and the kyuubi chakra are mixing and molding together , so the seal also blocked sum of his chakra so he wasnt at full strength. and a kage bunshin dosnt have to disappear after just one hit , it depends on how strong the user is , and naruto's bunshins have lasted a couple of hits before 2.
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 00:07   Link #34
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Come to think of it....Yeah she is quite pathetic, she's really just an exorsize bike for Neji.
exercise...I dont' think she is trying to rid demons from neji
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 02:03   Link #35
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
all she does is throw things... how hard is that for evcen genin to avoid

she isnt as bad as Sakura but no where near as good as Hinata(spelling?)
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 05:30   Link #36
IntegraTypeR

The only reason she is in the anime is 'hentai' factor. LOL!
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 21:35   Link #37
Yuuki-kun
Tenten Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
every1 one keeps talkin about how tenten has 100% accuracy , like no other ninja in the anime has that ? I mean .. I really like tenten and wish they would take her character some where but every ninja we have seen has 100% accuracy with weopons , haku hit zabuza in the right spot in the neck with a needle from far away , naruto was falling in the chuunin exam after oro nocked him out and sakura, sakura of all people, threw a kunia while naruto was falling and caught his back of his shirt and put it against a tree. sasuke hit a rope with a kunai at the very beggining to try and put kakashi in a trap , and also lit his replacement technique up with kunia's and stars. also against the demon brothers , he put a kunia and a star right into the chain. . naruto hit haku right in the face with a star. and there are many more examples

also naruto didnt have all of his chakra when oro sealed it becuase his chakra and the kyuubi chakra are mixing and molding together , so the seal also blocked sum of his chakra so he wasnt at full strength. and a kage bunshin dosnt have to disappear after just one hit , it depends on how strong the user is , and naruto's bunshins have lasted a couple of hits before 2.

What's important about Tenten's 100 % accuracy is that unlike the examples you listed, she can hit several moving targets at once. And this is without a bloodline ability.
Yuuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 07:51   Link #38
Unit01

Noone can be as worthless as Sakura. Tenten actually trains, while Sakura just walks around repeating her vocabulary "sasuke-kun, sasuke-kun!"

And regarding Tenten, we don't really know yet. But from what is provided the aint the best, nor the worst
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:22   Link #39
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
One thing i been wondering....

If Sakura is so bright, then how come she only can use ultra-basic jutsus??

I mean, even if the ninja acamedy dont really teaches much, it has to teach more then bunshin and henge and replacement...

meh. and also..

it seems that all families in konoha has some special move, Inos father can mind control as well, Shikamarus uses shadows, Shinos uses bugs....i mean, WTF are Sakuas parents doing?? Is she the only one with a family that never developed any jutsus??
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 16:17   Link #40
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

From the sight of things it seems she is the first in his family to become a ninja. Not all the people in the ninja village are soldiers you know

Quote:
Juding from the speed when Sasuke went after garra and co. Shino had a late start but Sasuke was also prosponed by temari, so am going to assume the time diff is the same.
The Sasuke vs Temari battle was just an anime filler (it never existed in the manga) so take that into considerance

Quote:
Aaahh.... let's just say that the rules against manga spoilers forbids me from typing any further
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote