Hinata 89 42.38%
Temari 56 26.67%
Tenten 10 4.76%
Other 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-01, 19:56   Link #1
donna8157

Female Genin with the Most Potential

Which female genin would you say has the most potential?
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:19   Link #2
hmongstang

sakura?
hmongstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:24   Link #3
jeferino

why do you think people chose other than sakura she is the best
jeferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:37   Link #4
xavier8200

Temari is the only female gennin that has tried to fight Sasuke and it was by herself. I was pretty impressed, none of the other females have the "balls" to go up against Sasuke. (although it was a filler fight)

Her only competition is Hinata and she may not even want to fight (maybe if Naruto is checkin her out or somethin).
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:37   Link #5
Evil_Lurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeferino
why do you think people chose other than sakura she is the best
Wow...lol

Temari, she's got the most fighting spirit.
Evil_Lurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:42   Link #6
Yogi

Many of the elder ninja has stated that Sakura has great potential (Tsunade included), just that she has shown none of it so far. All we have is their word.

We've seen what a skilled Byakugan user can do. We've seen what a training freak can do. Hinata has the Byakugan and is determined to be stronger. However, so far she seems weak with little natural talent except the Byakugan. Any gains will probably be on the basis of hard work.

There's little need to talk about potential with Tenmari, since she's already demonstrated forrest leveling jutsu that makes Sasuke's strongest Katon look like a firecracker in comparison. Hell, we have to go all the way up to Garaa's moves to find something with equal amounts of destructive power. Unless she just STOPS growing, Tenmari is going to wipe the floor with the other girls.

Ino is the same as Sakura, only she knows the Shintenshin instead of Dispell. That, and no one ever comments on her intellegence or potential. I see a bleak future for her.

Ten Ten is . . . uh . . . . yeah . . . .

The only other females with real combat power are Anko, Shizune, and Tatuya. Anko is already a Jounin, while Shizune and Tatuya's ranks are unknown. Tatuya's Curse Seal prevents her from growing, so the only one left is Shizune. If Shizune is still technically a genin, she would probably be on the top (high talent while trained by Tsunade). However, without clear knowledge of her rank, we have no idea.

Therefore, since Shizune's rank is unknown, the winner is Tenmari. Or at least, that's the logical answer. The real answer is that Kishimoto has a tendancy to make characters that look on the surface to be useless, low powered, stupid, and/or comic releif to actually be amazingly powerful (see Naruto, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Choji.) Therefore, at any time, any one of the girls could magically unveil a new jutsu that is amazingly powerful. Prepare for Ten Ten to be Jounin level.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:45   Link #7
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

The female with the highest potential is obviously Sakura just by the way the story line is setup! Ie, sasuke mirrors oro, naruto mirrors jirayia, and it naturally follows that sakura mirrors tsunade so she'll definately be a high level ninja.
chhayalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 20:58   Link #8
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Lightbulb

Shizune is at least a chuunin and is most likely a jounin, what with her flak jacket and the fact that she has been seen leading (?) a team of jounin, ie Genma, Raidou et al in the last episode.

I'd have to say Temari, progeny of the kazekage and with monstrous destructive power. The lady is a beast in the making, and spunky to boot.

Hinata is also likely to be great, but is altogether more subtle than Temari. I see her becoming a medic or diplomatic envoy rather than a major damage dealing amazon, but with more than adequate combat skills to back it up.

By the way, when did Temari fight Sasuke? I'm more of a manga fan, myself...
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:03   Link #9
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I don't get Tayuya falls under the Genin catagory, its a shame... I feel so dirty voting for someone other then my foul mouthed queen.

Alas, Temari is obviously the most superior of all the female genin.

She pwned TenTen, and Whats Sakura going to do? Replacement Techniques and biting are all shes capable of.

ALtho...

Hinata could own, if she'd get over her sheepish little coy act and get serious.

If Hinata got serious and got rid of her p-p-p-p-pr-problems, She would be the superior female genin.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:09   Link #10
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Sakura has the best potential, simply because of who she's being taught by now and the remark her new teacher made about her training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
By the way, when did Temari fight Sasuke? I'm more of a manga fan, myself...
One of the anime episodes during the Sand/Sound invasion.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:10   Link #11
FireEel

back in the Chunnin exam when Gaara was escaping with his bro and Temari tried to slow Sasuke down alone by fighting him. Its filler fight.
FireEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:12   Link #12
Srin Tuar
無謀

I say sakura without a doubt: simple logic.

1. shes the weakest person in the village, possibly weaker than even konohamaru
2. shes a main character

If that doesnt spell massive "potential" then nothing does.

Hinata and Temari are already pretty strong. (for girls)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:29   Link #13
Vong

I take potential to mean most natural ability.

Hinata has bloodline but must overcome low self confidence. Temari is already a powerhouse and is daughter of a Kage. Sakura has great chakra control and is smart.

I'll go with Hinata... but Temari isn't too far behind. I just think overcoming self confidence is easier than having no bloodline.
Vong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:40   Link #14
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

honestly i have to say sakura, because she is a main character and because every superior ninja we see/hear talk about sakura mentions her ginormous potential
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:57   Link #15
lotus_lee

If Sakura spent more time training as a ninja rather then practising her ''Sasuke-kun'', then she might actually learn a few useful things, like a good basic offensive ninjitsu for example.

Spoiler:
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:00   Link #16
UserName

Well Temari is the strongest and she's stronger than the other female genin by quite a bit. And she only gets a lot stronger. She has the most potential IMO in fighitng. Sakura won't be a great fighter just because she can heal people IF she learns how to do so successfully and doesn't just quit, whine, run away, etc...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:29   Link #17
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Well Temari is the strongest and she's stronger than the other female genin by quite a bit. And she only gets a lot stronger. She has the most potential IMO in fighitng. Sakura won't be a great fighter just because she can heal people IF she learns how to do so successfully and doesn't just quit, whine, run away, etc...
On the few occassions we've seen Sakura train or fight, not once has she quit, whined or run away, in fact she's been said to have the same sort of determination as Naruto. So I don't see why she should start now.

I believe Sakura has the most potential out of the female Genin, aside from the virtue of being a main character, and the comments characters like Kakashi have made, she's also shown a strong desire to better herself since the chuunin exam, looking to Naruto and Lee as inspiration. I think with a good teacher she'll go far.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:33   Link #18
FireBorn

Temari doesn't have potential.. shes already pretty strong.

I'd say Sakura.. but only since she is a main charecter. Hinata, otherwise.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:40   Link #19
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBorn
Temari doesn't have potential.. shes already pretty strong.

I'd say Sakura.. but only since she is a main charecter. Hinata, otherwise.
...That doesnt make any sense. Temari was shown to be pretty strong in the Chuunin Exam Finals, and when we see her again, she's become even stronger. So going with that, if she continues to train, she has the potential to improve even more.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 23:54   Link #20
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
On the few occassions we've seen Sakura train or fight, not once has she quit, whined or run away, in fact she's been said to have the same sort of determination as Naruto. So I don't see why she should start now.

I believe Sakura has the most potential out of the female Genin, aside from the virtue of being a main character, and the comments characters like Kakashi have made, she's also shown a strong desire to better herself since the chuunin exam, looking to Naruto and Lee as inspiration. I think with a good teacher she'll go far.
She'd always be unconscious before she got the chance to quit, whine, or run away...

She would then wake up to scream 'SASKAY-KUN SAVED ME'. An example of this is the Gaara fight. Other examples where she wansn't unconscious but in fact not doing anything so she didn't notice are more appearant in the series.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote