AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 17:56   Link #1
Kaychan

Manga vs. Anime...

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post but I have the feeling that I am looked down upon a little since I am more into the anime series of Naruto that the manga. Is there a negative stigma about anime-ers?
Kaychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 18:00   Link #2
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaychan
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post but I have the feeling that I am looked down upon a little since I am more into the anime series of Naruto that the manga. Is there a negative stigma about anime-ers?
Not at all,
We do have discussions about the spoiler policy, but that is not really a heated debate between Manga and anime readers/watchers. It's more the Mangareaders who tend to disagree.

I guess this forum only has a few frequent non-manga posters such as shay and Monir And they are too used to the spoiler thing to complain about anything. The rest is visiting too scarcely to really care...

Overall I would say nobody get's looked down upon because he/she doesn't read the manga. It's just a fact that anime watchers tend to ask question that come up in the manga and hence the spoiling starts...
Old 2004-12-13, 18:03   Link #3
Kaychan

I appreciate the quick response, thanks.
Old 2004-12-13, 18:25   Link #4
Casshern

Quote:
Is there a negative stigma about anime-ers?
You may get this impression because nearly every story-related question posted by an anime-watcher ends up turning into a debate between manga-readers. The situation has improved a bit recently since a manga spoiler in an anime-only topic earns you a 1 week ban.

Also, alot of people will say that the manga is better than the anime. But that's not really true. The only up-side to reading the manga is that you're current with where the mangaka has lead the story.

Finally, consider reading the manga. Try a few of the first chapters to see if you like it, but not the latest chapters as you wont know what's going on.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:09   Link #5
Reticent

For what it's worth, I find the manga has more emotional impact.
Reticent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:27   Link #6
Zek
Eyebrows...

Here's how I see it:

Manga
Advantages:
-Consistent art style
-Tighter story, no pointless filler
Disadvantages:
-Lack of animation and sound
-Slower story pace means more waiting and cliffhangers

Anime
Advantages:
-Animation and sound makes a big difference in immersion and makes fights more entertaining, when done well
-Faster pace than the manga when it sticks to the storyline
Disadvantages:
-Very inconsistent animation thanks to different studios. Some of the episodes are just bad(see Naruto vs. Kiba).
-Pacing. The anime team is forced to spread out the content(even moreso after this arc is done) to two chapters per episode, often less. This really ruins the pacing in a lot of fights and in general slows down the series a lot.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:38   Link #7
Yuuki-kun
Tenten Fanboy

I like the anime better...yes, even the filler bits. It allows the Naruto world to feel more fleshed out to me...for example...

Tsunade's celebration in episode 100. Where was that in the manga? It felt a bit weird with Tsunade just being Hokage and that's it. No celebration or anything.

Showing Tsunade trying to help Lee even morewas a very nice touch too (researching and stuff...those scenes were touching).

Other good touches include actually showing Tenten and Temari's abilities in their fight, making the Sasuke vs. Orochimaru very satisfying and others I can't think of right now...but really, some of the filler they add is very good in my opinion, and that alone makes it a bit better than the manga to me.
Yuuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:55   Link #8
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
these are my thoughts.

Books - Use imagination. Reading.

Manga - Less imagination due to illustrations. Reading

Anime - no imagination. reading only if its a sub. but technically, no reading.

i prefer manga.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 20:07   Link #9
Kaychan

It's great to read these replys...I like to hear (er...read) all the differing opinions and viewpoints, especially because I'm just starting my anime/manga exploration. Where can I find Naruto manga, by the way?
Old 2004-12-13, 20:56   Link #10
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Where can I find Naruto manga, by the way?
slick. very slick indeed
its at www.yourenotallowedtoaskforlicensedmanga.com
Old 2004-12-13, 21:16   Link #11
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
slick. very slick indeed
its at www.yourenotallowedtoaskforlicensedmanga.com
haha.. i actually fell for it and click on the link

anyways, i find the anime kinda crap...

well there are only few mentionable anime episodes that are good or better than manga:

haku zabuza saga.. damn they made it so good.. the atmosphese, music, animation.

sasuke vs oro in forest

the lee fight with gaaara

the hokage battle: oro vs 3rd

those fights are good alternative to the manga.

the rest, well.. they suck in my opinion, the animation team either screw up the fight scene or have crappy animation, or both.

the manga fights are all overall unique and sweet

the anime tend to make it look crappy... eg. sannin fight, naruto vs kiba, naruto vs neji.

i hope they would stop screw up!
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 21:31   Link #12
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
despite what everyone says, I prefer the anime because I'm more of a visual person even though the manga is also a visual...
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:44   Link #13
Kaychan

alright, alright, enough sarcasm already

I never realized the sheer amount of sarcastic manga fans there are out there. Now I enjoy a sharp, dry sense of humor as much as the next guy, but comon people, I'm new at this and thus I don't know much about "legal" or "illegal" questions. My question was: "Where can I find Naruto manga?". An appropriate (not to mention logical and polite) answer would have been "Sorry, but people in the forum are not allowed to give out information regarding licensed material."
Would that have been so hard?
Old 2004-12-14, 20:19   Link #14
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

i'm simple minded... or i like to think that but heres what i thought 'bout it

Manga: You can stare at pictures and read over and over until you understand it..
you can color it=>at least my friend likes to..
Anime: At times, more detailed and something you can use most of your human senses.. like feeling....hearing their voices... it's like in those old bruce lee movies where you get to hear the cracking of their muscles even though they're over exagerated sometimes xD
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:28   Link #15
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
I never realized the sheer amount of sarcastic manga fans there are out there. Now I enjoy a sharp, dry sense of humor as much as the next guy, but comon people, I'm new at this and thus I don't know much about "legal" or "illegal" questions. My question was: "Where can I find Naruto manga?". An appropriate (not to mention logical and polite) answer would have been "Sorry, but people in the forum are not allowed to give out information regarding licensed material."
Heh, People like to think theyre funny, like me. Usually it never works out as Id like it to.

If you still havent found any places to download the manga then you haven't searched as well as you should.

1. Yahoo/Google
2. Type 'Naruto' in the Search Box.
3. Enter.

The first or second link will most likely be the best place to visit.

Hope this helps.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:36   Link #16
sOnJoOL

Quote:
its because im messed up and stupid.
and no one was easy on me.
and seriously, its soooooo easy to find it.
Old 2004-12-14, 20:37   Link #17
lotus_lee

Well, I can't really say whether the manga or the anime is better as I do both. What I do know though is that I prefer the anime more myself. I'm more of a visual person and understand things better via the anime.

Of course, the last time I said that, I was flamed because apparantly, 'I lacked imagination'. I mean WTF? Everyone's different. Some manga-only readers here are such idiots and make it out like anime-only people are stupid or inferior.

Also, music is a large thing for me and helps to set the mood. Hence another reason why I personally like the anime more.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:21   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kaychan, this and that might be interesting read for you. The collection of thoughts in those two threads may give you a better understanding of people's preferences between anime and manga, or their preference to both.
Quote:
Heh, People like to think theyre funny, like me. Usually it never works out as Id like it to.
Don't be modest, mighty Socomberetta. Hey, according to your recent post in the WCWNS thread, Oro-sama is a "biter" which reminded me of Sakura-chan.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote