AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 21:12   Link #1
Akuma_d

Monkey D Luffy / Gol D Roger Relationship [Spoilers]

Ok. i been looking around my pc for ALL the one piece episodes and tryin to piece things together..

ive got this much worked out from the begining that - D - in there names clearly related..

now Gold roger CANNOT be luffy dad unless he had his sperm wraped up for a couple years... Roger was executed 22 years ago and as far as we know Luffy is 17.

Most likely Roger is luffy grandfather. The question from here is, Ace is running after blackbeard because he killed his crew and took off right. and we find out that his real name is "Marshall D. Teach" judging from his age id doubt that he is luffy brother.
Since we dont know his exact age one can only assume that his age between 30-40.

If it was it would give a range of posible relations to gold roger. i.e His Younger brother which would mean luffy and aces uncle.. but guess we jus gotta wait and seee
Old 2005-12-30, 21:33   Link #2
Lackadaisical

There is also the matter of Saulo to consider. Given that he is a giant it is likely he is not blood related to the human Ds by blood.

Which would raise the possibility that the human Ds aren't related to each other by blood either.

My guess is Teach is either not directly related to Luffy or is an uncle. Of course, that still leaves to wonder who are Luffy and Ace's father and mother.
Old 2005-12-30, 22:17   Link #3
Slayerx

i use to speculate a similair thing... Gol D. Roger = Luffy and Ace's grandfather, and Blackbeard = uncle or something...
but then came a giant named Hagwell D. Saulo... which somawhat means that just because they have "D" in their name doesn't mean they are actually related... a say somewhat, cause well... who says a human and a giant can't be related... though i'm not gonna try explaining how that would work ... just saying is all...

And Saulo does says his whole family has "D" in their name... meaning the D is passed down by family, so even if Saulo isn't related to the rest there is still a chance that blackbeard, Luffy, Ace, and Gold Roger are related... but that's just a possibility

at any rate, all of these characters are linked together by "the Will of D"... but we have yet to figure out what "the Will of D" is...
Old 2005-12-31, 00:23   Link #4
dragon_balzl87

I have come accrost this theory on a nother forum and it is that the lost history that the world government is trying to hide is the distruction of a nation and everybody in that nation has a D in there name.
Old 2005-12-31, 08:03   Link #5
kljs
Codename : Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to kljs Send a message via MSN to kljs Send a message via Yahoo to kljs
I read about someone speculating that Dragon is actually D. Ragon.

What do you all think?
Old 2005-12-31, 09:14   Link #6
kari-no-sugata

Are there any women with "D"? I wonder what Luffy's mother's full name is...

Also, given that we have a "D" giant, and the unusually large "D" Blackbeard (and friends - probably from same place), if there is just one source for this "D" style, then it wouldn't be genetic. It'd have to be based on some kind of generic grouping (eg an army/mercenary organisation) or a style unique to a particular island, where humans and giants got along together.
Old 2005-12-31, 13:56   Link #7
Akuma_d

well my theory was perfect til i saw that fucking giant. and hearing that his whole family has D there names jus kinda throws u ofcourse even further.

it could mean luffys whole blood line is from those half giants.
or maybe the D represents people who came from that lost civiisation

im jus confused now
Old 2005-12-31, 14:03   Link #8
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Well it means THE WILL OF A DREAMER!!!!!!!!!
Old 2005-12-31, 17:44   Link #9
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by kljs
I read about someone speculating that Dragon is actually D. Ragon.

What do you all think?

Not Likely. He is just Dragon.

The D's stuff might have some connecction to the Lost history.
Old 2005-12-31, 23:02   Link #10
Akuma_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Well it means THE WILL OF A DREAMER!!!!!!!!!
and where did u get this piece of information from. or is this jus an opinion.
Old 2006-01-01, 00:55   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I've been doing some thinking on this and my theory is this. The "D" is not a family name or title, but rather a title of a specific group of people. Probubly the "D's" were some of the pirates from the missing 100 years of history, Gol D. Roger was probubly one of them. Maybe not from that time period, but a leftover who took up the D in his name after discovering something about the missing 100 years of history, or he could have hooked up with people still fighting after that 100 year or something. I really, really think one way or another that D is connected with that missing history and the groups involved with that time period.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:23   Link #12
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_d
and where did u get this piece of information from. or is this jus an opinion.
Well yes, but that last statement suites the will of D. well don't you think?

I wanted to ask a question. Do anyone of you guys think that any of Gold Roger's Crew Members are around in the world of One Piece. For Example, Anyone of the older Pirates like anyone from the Shichibukai like Mihawk, Etc. I think Shanks and Buggy were apart of Whitebeards crew that's how I think they know each other,when they were young. Really all speculation!

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-01-01 at 01:39.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:39   Link #13
Phenomenal
Banned

sorry about that
Old 2006-01-01, 04:57   Link #14
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Well, both Kureha and the old man that lived inside Laboon both knew Gold Roger, and Whitebeard actually fought him...

...not so much time has passed that his old crewmembers can't still be alive.
Old 2006-01-01, 05:56   Link #15
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
Well, both Kureha and the old man that lived inside Laboon both knew Gold Roger, and Whitebeard actually fought him...

...not so much time has passed that his old crewmembers can't still be alive.
Well, sure no one will doubt that its possible for them to be alive... afterall they would probably only be in their 40's and 50's just about... the real question is... when Gold Roger was finally captured, how many of his crew escaped the marines grasp?
More then likely anyone who was captured were executed for assiting the pirate king... and given that 20 years have past since that fateful day... well, it just lessens how many of those pirates could have escaped initial capture and remained free...

But i would not be surprised at all if Oda decided to throw one or two of them into the story ^^
Old 2006-01-01, 13:11   Link #16
strategos

This is my theory that I have been posting for a while.
I think that the world goverment was like a group that wanted to create a Ideal world just like the Roman Fellow in Gundam Wing. Over time the became very powerful and started to create war against many nations. There was a group or that oppose them. This group had the D. in them. And in the end the D. group lost or something. I think the D. is like a "family" mafia family that has been opposing the World Goverment and trying to show everyone the real history. And that in th end the got the name of Pirates because the World goverment already controled most of the world.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-01-02, 02:41   Link #17
Integra
Padawan

Send a message via MSN to Integra
Just one thing first... We do know the age of Ace... Or at least compared to Luffy... He is three years older than Luffy. Luffy said it in the mangá...

And about the discussion.. I thought that Luffy was Roger's grandson... But, when the admiral (that i forgot the name :P) said to Luffy he knew his grandpa, Luffy was kind of surprised in a way that he had known his grandpa... And even though Luffy is all crazy, I think he do know who his grandpa is and it doesn't seem as he was the great King of Pirates, or, at least, Luffy doesn't show it...

Other reason is that Ace is working for Whitebeard, aaaand we all know Whitebeard was compared in power and strenght to Roger... Even though Ace is as crazy as his brother, I don't think that he would work for the "rival" of his grandpa... And he really seems as a friend of Whitebeard, so I don't think he is faking loyalty to other purposes...
Old 2006-01-02, 11:32   Link #18
strategos

Hmmm probably Luffy doesnt want anyone to know that he is Gol D. Roger gradnson. Because everyone would look to him in a different way and would just see him as Gol D. Roger grandson and not Luffy. Gol D. Roger and Whitebeard were, for what it seems, true rival. So as rival they probably trusted each other and know that there would be no dishonor among them. So he probably knows he can trust Ace.

Old 2006-01-02, 15:17   Link #19
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

If Roger is his Grandfather- he doesn't know it.

All Of Gold Roger's crew are dead now.
They old Man in the bar in Louge town said so.
Old 2006-01-02, 17:51   Link #20
strategos

or think they are death....
I wonder if the one who taught Chopper how to be a doctor, Doctorine, was part of Roger's Crew.

Closed Thread