Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-03, 02:02   Link #1
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Skipping Arcs

I ve been watching one piece awhile now, and recently I skipped over about 70 episodes and went to Water 7 arc. I recently obtained the episodes I missed.

I browsed through the arcs, and I didn't see much intrest in the G8 Arc. Now Iam asking for an opinion. Can I just skipp over the G8 Arc, and go straight to the davy back fights? Or is it not advised.
Old 2006-01-03, 02:09   Link #2
Chuixupu
Shikachu

G8 is filler, so you don't need to watch it at all. Nothing very pertinent to the plot happens in DBF either (although it is amusing), but I think it's a bad idea to not finish Skypiea before moving on to Water 7.
Old 2006-01-03, 03:38   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

First off I'll say I don't think you should skip any arcs because there are little things that always creep up later, but if you have to I would only say "The Davy-Back arc" and "Forgotten Memories"...I would also include the arc where they escape from the Military base after leaving SkyIsland (Eventhough it was kinda long and pointless it was really funny, nearly every episode...)

DO NOT SKIP SKYPIEA!!! Besides it being good in character traits and foreshadowing, not to mention great comedy and action...It really is needed to be seen to set the mood of the continuing adventure IMO...Very underrated arc...

* The reason I say "Davy-back" arc is because I only saw like 4 episodes of it and they rest were never released...It doesn't seem to have been that important...
Old 2006-01-03, 19:01   Link #4
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

I finished skypiea, and went to the first ao`kiji episode, and went on from there. I just skipped g8 and now watching the davy back fights. Thanks for the info.
Old 2006-01-07, 23:38   Link #5
sanji~mr.prince
i love sanji n sanji only

is da g8 arc reli dat funny????cuz my sis is burning one piece cds from her fren and she wants to noe if she should burn da g8 eps. or is it just a waste of cds??
Old 2006-01-08, 01:57   Link #6
dythim
dythim

n0itizzrlygud4f1lr,brn1tpx
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-08, 04:05   Link #7
striderm
Adusa #1

I usually just skip out on the anime only stuff and ask my friends that saw em how they were.
Old 2006-01-08, 18:36   Link #8
Idiot Savant

The Davy Back fight isn't anime filler, it was actually an arc in the manga.I believe they did add a few more scenes to it in the anime.
Old 2006-01-08, 19:13   Link #9
Chuixupu
Shikachu

The anime added a lot more than just a few scenes, they added three whole different games, changed the ending and messed with the plot quite a bit, from what I've been told. I've only read it in the manga, though. It's sort of like manga filler - but I like it a lot, it's very amusing.
Old 2006-01-08, 19:56   Link #10
lemondude
"super lemon"

sexy foxy, I think that's wat the ship is called, wat a name!! LOL

And to your question, why watch one piece if you are gonna skip episodes. If you just want to know wat happens in every episode read a review or something. Other wise don't.
Old 2007-07-05, 08:24   Link #11
DemonQueen

And to your question, why watch one piece if you are gonna skip episodes. If you just want to know wat happens in every episode read a review or something. Other wise don't.[/QUOTE]

i totally agree wat is the point if youre gonna skip half of the episodes i skipped apis arc but then went back and saw it again and when it finished it wasnt as bad as i thought it was in the beginning
Old 2007-07-05, 09:46   Link #12
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

yeah. really pointless to watch One Piece if you skip over 70 episodes.
Old 2007-07-05, 18:59   Link #13
Tommy
Mr. Prince

The Davy Back fight is awesome, go back and watch it!
Old 2007-07-06, 08:48   Link #14
a hobbit
a hibbity hobbity hooobit

i recently just caught up with one piece and the only episodes i skipped were the entire episode flashbacks for each strawhat pirate during the enies lobby arc, and the new years celebration episodes. i personally think its worth it to watch every episode, the fillers are usually pretty good.
Old 2007-07-12, 12:32   Link #15
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

i skipped apis arc and some after skypie arc. i also skipped the davy back fight and memory arc (it bores me). I watch anime as i read in manga.
Old 2007-08-31, 18:11   Link #16
Quichigo

Is skipping arcs safe?

I am a newcomer to one piece. I am on ep 41. I like it. But it is long and it will take along time to catch up. So I was wonderin if I could skip arcs? Would that be safe?
Old 2007-08-31, 20:06   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quichigo View Post
I am a newcomer to one piece. I am on ep 41. I like it. But it is long and it will take along time to catch up. So I was wonderin if I could skip arcs? Would that be safe?
The only arcs that are safe to skip are the filler arcs... all other arcs usually contain something of importance to the story; important characters, plot points, and so forth

ep's 50, 51, 54-61, 98-102, 131-143, 196-206, 213-216, 220-226
i think that covers most of the filler material
Though unlike series like Naruto, the fillers in one piece are pretty good
Old 2007-09-06, 16:33   Link #18
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

yea the guy above me is right u could skip them but unlike other anime one pieces filers or at least most of them are actually good and usually have the funniest moments of one piece in them (like the g8 impact dial incident with sanji)
Closed Thread