Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 01:22   Link #261
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
I wouldn't put anything it to what shows up in Daybreak. It is after all, nothing more than a fan made game.
Correction: fan-made game with advice and direction from Ryukishi07. That's a big difference.
Old 2007-08-30, 01:42   Link #262
Rias

In some sense, Hidebu was more seriously made than the 1st season anime...
Old 2007-09-01, 18:51   Link #263
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

So the 2nd Season has direction from Ryukishi07? I thought the only thing he requested was Yakusamashi-hen
Old 2007-09-03, 21:29   Link #264
sezen_atacan

Is the sword wielding Hanyu exclusive only in daybreak and PC/PS2 games?? Or will we see Hanyu's sword form in the anime?

Also if Rika is suppose to be the reincarnated Oyashiro in flesh and blood, then is Hanyu Rika's ancestor or something? I am guessing Hanyu is the original Oyashiro?
Got a bit confused because it seems that Rika and Hanyu switches roles sometimes?
Old 2007-09-03, 21:47   Link #265
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
Well, kind of out of place I guess.

Now that the first season of anime is liscensed and I can't get my hands on it easily, I need to refresh my memory: how significant is the doll giving ot Rena in Watanagashi/Meakashi-hen?

I can't remember it being too significant, but apparently it's quite significant, if it's a huge deal in Minagoroshi-hen. I can't remember much of those two arcs at all though, so that might cause a good deal of issues. So, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could somebody help me figure out all of the causes of Shion's insanity (yes L5 and all but I mean other stuff like the doll)? I had been talking to people and my ideas were quite off >_>.
Old 2007-09-03, 22:00   Link #266
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It's all in here

Go to III. The doll and its importance
Old 2007-09-04, 03:50   Link #267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
Is the sword wielding Hanyu exclusive only in daybreak and PC/PS2 games?? Or will we see Hanyu's sword form in the anime?
Except if the anime shows Hanyuu's past (which i doubt), we won't see Onigari no Ryuuou ever.

Quote:
Also if Rika is suppose to be the reincarnated Oyashiro in flesh and blood, then is Hanyu Rika's ancestor or something? I am guessing Hanyu is the original Oyashiro?
Hanyuu is the "demon", who might be the original oyashiro, the disaster god (as being a demon). With the last TIPS, we can conclude that Hanyuu sacrificed herself for the salvation of humans, as she "absorbed" the sins by her death. This action bears the origin of the watanagashi ritual (the disembelowed one) and the "second" watanagashi ritual (the coton)

As for the reincarnation itself, i don't think it is flesh and blood, but rather the powers as a whole.

Quote:
Got a bit confused because it seems that Rika and Hanyu switches roles sometimes?
Huh? what are you talking about?
Old 2007-09-04, 07:45   Link #268
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:

Well, from my view, it doesnt look like this.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:38   Link #269
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Was the Onigari no Ryuuou in the PS2 verson?

Can't seem to remember if it was or not
Old 2007-09-04, 17:39   Link #270
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, i'm fairly sure it wasn't at all.
it is only mentioned in this kind of TIPS.

i may be wrong, but actually, daybreak is the only game where we actually see this.
Old 2007-09-04, 19:43   Link #271
sezen_atacan

Thanks for the info, its good to know not everything in daybreak is too exaggerated. Except maybe their ninja abilities. Oh one more thing about Rika. When does she use that blood stained scythe? Is it in one of these manga/game arcs where Rika is unsatisfied that she decides to start the disaster ball rolling faster?

So is the scythe a possible weapon Rika uses to defeat even Shion and Rena? That blade itself is about the size of Rika, it seems in some worlds she is stronger?

And is it just me or does Irie get a bit scared of Natsumi and Satoko in daybreak when you win in versus mode?
Old 2007-09-05, 07:20   Link #272
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, its good to know not everything in daybreak is too exaggerated. Except maybe their ninja abilities. Oh one more thing about Rika. When does she use that blood stained scythe? Is it in one of these manga/game arcs where Rika is unsatisfied that she decides to start the disaster ball rolling faster?

So is the scythe a possible weapon Rika uses to defeat even Shion and Rena? That blade itself is about the size of Rika, it seems in some worlds she is stronger?
maybe the later worlds :P cause she gained more experience. also i dont think teh scythe is appeared anywhere. like that rena uses that gunblade.
Old 2007-09-05, 12:03   Link #273
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
First the scythe isn't blood stained.
Second they are just designing weapons which should fit them in their background and habits.
you are overanalizing daybreak

it is a comple spinoff, completely irrelevant for the main plot. however, an excellent spin off, as it is largely faithful to the original source. plain and simple

Quote:
Not at all...
even if she had a huge zweihander, it wouldn't help her against these 2.
Again, some weapon are just ridiculous (even Oyashiro Rena wouldn't be able to wield that gigantic ironclad cleaver. never and ever in any frozen hell)

so i don't even think Daybreak would have any "impact" for the plot. it just gives more nsight of some interactions (like Akane and Kasai for example)
Quote:
And is it just me or does Irie get a bit scared of Natsumi and Satoko in daybreak when you win in versus mode?
it is you. Irie just offered some maid fest for Natsumi who was first embarassed then, want to give it a try.
as for satoko and irie, i didn't get it right, but it doesn't have anything to do with what you might think.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:45   Link #274
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Think of Daybreak as it's own world like all the other arcs are
Old 2007-09-06, 11:17   Link #275
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Think of Daybreak as it's own world like all the other arcs are
this doesn't have anything like another world.
even if we remove the hax skills and weapons, it is still hardly fitting for our usual arc setup, and even saikoroshi isn't as nuts as this one. (the brawling bash itself is nearly impossible so)

it is just a very faithful spinoff, showing some WHAT IF for interactions, but hardly possible for a world to happen like this.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:45   Link #276
sezen_atacan

About the original Tatarigoroshi-hen, do we know who moved Teppei's body? Why did Takano get rid of Ooshi in this chapter? Excluding the anime events, is it also true that Rena was treasure hunting right before Hinamizawa disaster? and was eliminated on her way back? This is the original Tatarigoroshi-hen not the anime one.
Why is Keiichi killed off at the end? I don't think he would know anything to hinder Takano.
Old 2007-09-07, 01:16   Link #277
Davidj

Quote:
About the original Tatarigoroshi-hen, do we know who moved Teppei's body?
A friend is someone who helps you move...

No we don't know. But Mion is the most likely suspect. We already know that the plumbers considered Teppei to be off-limits and Rika never even asked them to do anything that time

Quote:
Why is Keiichi killed off at the end? I don't think he would know anything to hinder Takano.
He was still part of the village. Why not kill him?
Old 2007-09-07, 07:05   Link #278
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
About the original Tatarigoroshi-hen, do we know who moved Teppei's body?
Probably the Sonozaki, just like they did for Rena in Tsumihoroboshi. Mion knew that Keiichi wanted Teppei dead, when he asked the "curse will fall on him".
Shion knew something will happen, as he "called Mion" and acted like satoshi.

Quote:
Why did Takano get rid of Ooshi in this chapter?
Just like how Kuma was killed in Yakusamashi-hen.
Refers alos to this TIPS...Background check request

Quote:
Excluding the anime events, is it also true that Rena was treasure hunting right before Hinamizawa disaster? and was eliminated on her way back? This is the original Tatarigoroshi-hen not the anime one.
Not at all.
if you actually read the TIPS The Great Hinamizawa Disaster casualties list, you will see that Rena died with everyone else, and wasn't "missing".

Yakusamashi-hen isn't a copy of Tatarigoroshi.
Quote:
I'm not exactly convinced that Keiichi was killed by Takano in Tatarigoroshi.
Keiichi was already broken, he was talking about non sense.
Furthermore, his death wasn't instant, and he died after 2 days of fever.
And finally, Keiichi died 30th November 1983, which is awfully way later. if they need to kill him, they would do it right before, and it would be even easier than Satoko in Yakusamashi, considering his delusional and suicidal behaviour.
Old 2007-09-07, 11:47   Link #279
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I don't think Keiichi was killed by takano ether

But I'm not sure about Shion and Kaisai
Old 2007-09-08, 10:29   Link #280
sezen_atacan

Is Taraimawashi-hen a retelling of Watanagashi-hen? I heard that the Hinamizawa disaster happened in Taraimawashi-hen. But I thought that Shion killed off Rika before Takano got her hands on her? How does Rena wound up dead in Taraimawashi-hen, did she went to the Quarry?

Is Taraimawashi-hen a "what-if" Rika didn't go for soya sauce from Shion?
Closed Thread