AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 20:02   Link #241
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junpei View Post
VLC is hardly an outdated player. It's pretty inconvenient to have to boot into Windows (I've got an Intel Mac) and install a codec pack just for one release (but I'm not here to argue).
Uh, VLC is both an outdated and shitty player in the subtitle department. It's extremely easy to break too.
Try MPlayer.

Edit: Refer to, http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=31824
In this thread, the site admin j-b admits the subtitler is weak. I can probably get your IRC logs too of him confessing it's the players fault and not the subtitle groups fault. VLC spoke to asa people about asa implementation, but j-b said something about them being short staffed, so god knows when they're actually going to do something.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 20:06   Link #242
Zarifus

Lol, I think I found a funny coincidence
Spoiler:
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:32   Link #243
PyTom

Did anyone notice that Lon's computer screen in episode 2 appears to be displaying cyphered english text? (Sorta reminds me of the similar code used in Futurama.)

First screen:

Top: Ragan Front
Left: Ragan Side
Right: Dorill Power
Center-Bottom: Result (numbers?)
Bottom: Power Measurement

(I can't make out the rest of the symbols well enough to translate them.)

Second Screen:

Top: Dictionary
Center-Top: HoshiStar
Center-Bottom: TsukiMoon
Bottom: Text Input

Last edited by PyTom; 2007-04-15 at 00:03. Reason: adding translations
PyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:45   Link #244
wrex_japan

Gurenn Lagann ep. 3

Looks like the show is getting even better and better... episode three was cool as the fighting escalated. Animation continues to be fluid and of a high quality. Kamina's fight was pretty cool as was the mech fights.
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 00:05   Link #245
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Just finished watching episode 2, it was great.

A question for everyone, what do you think causes Simoun to be able to use the drill?

They say fighting spirit, but I think it has more to do with love or strong feelings. Just a guess. Because he was able to use it both when he looked at Yoko and when he thought about his dead parents...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:15   Link #246
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:17   Link #247
Omniscient

Episode three was just pure adrenaline and completely cool action. I loved watching every minute of it.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:19   Link #248
iwubanime
FMP wubber

thanx again maids maids maids...

you make me want to make a yoko wallpaper...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 02:58   Link #249
Windragon

Hi all ^___^
I saw first two episodes and I fall in love with this anime.
Kamina is god!!
http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren...n/gallery.html
I found this gallery wonderful!!
I want big scans of those pics ;___;
Please can you post also pics of Kamina?
Please :P:P
Windragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 03:52   Link #250
mangasuki

I also love this anime. but the fansubber Leon Jenkins's translation sucks. I'm not good at English but I could get the fact they have many mistakes and bad translation.
mangasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 05:07   Link #251
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Episode 3 was great. I didn't think Gurren-Lagann could be any more fun to watch than it was before. The action was breathtaking, the animation superb (it's GAINAX after all) and well, there was enough comedy to make me smile ("Gattai" :P)
I surely hope they'll keep up this pace, because if they do, it has the potential to be the best anime this season, if it isn't already.

Oh and thank you for these Yoko pics Maids!³, they're awesome and saved
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 05:09   Link #252
Skane
Anime Snark

Watching this series is a bit like watching 300. You feel like beating your chest after viewing it. Lots of hot-blooded fun in Ep03. Looking forward to the future episodes.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:38   Link #253
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

GATTAI!!! That was a moment of pure Kamina logic i.e.stupid cool that somehow works in the end. Ep 3 really is pure action from beginning to end, with some incredible animation, chiefly the...

Spoiler:

Also I detected that Yoko was trying to...

Spoiler:

The ep 4 preview looks kind of fun, with the arrival of the three 'K' girls .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Watching this series is a bit like watching 300. You feel like beating your chest after viewing it. Lots of hot-blooded fun in Ep03. Looking forward to the future episodes.

Cheers.
Oh yeah, I know how you feel. It's silly but I have such a stupid smile on my face watching this show. It's a great antidote to reality
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 07:32   Link #254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Oh yeah, I know how you feel. It's silly but I have such a stupid smile on my face watching this show. It's a great antidote to reality
Its the kind of show that would make any boy into a real man.

I can't believe the amount of hot raw action that we got in the third episode --- also, like its been said before, so much has happened in this series in such a short amount of time. Of course thats not a bad thing, but its been done the best way possible --- this easily has the makings of being the best show ever. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Also I detected that Yoko was trying to...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-15, 10:18   Link #255
outlaw97

Man, I'm going to feel torn when the show shifts to Simon - Kamina is having so many great moments!

It's going to be fun seeing if any sparks develop between Yoko and Kamina - I'm actually relieved that they made it pretty clear her interest in Simon is of the big-sister type.

It seems the next episode will tone slow things down a bit, makes me wonder if the next few episodes will be more character development as opposed to hot-blooded action. But as long as they keep with the hilarious looking animals, it's fine with me

On an unrelated note, I know there was an edited full-version pic of Yoko from the OP - has there been on done of Kamina? I have an idea for a wallpaper...
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 11:41   Link #256
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Episode three was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I guess it's more than safe to say that this is my favorite show of the season and I guess I'm becoming more and more of a fanboy as each episode airs. This show just proves that even the usual "hot blooded shounen" type of serie can be really fun and captivating when things are done right: fluent and stylistic animation, nice characters, storyboarding and even a good musical score. This serie is so well composed together by all these elements that it's really hard so far to find a real flaw in it unless one doesn't really like this kind of shows in first place.

And, on episode three....
Spoiler for episode three:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:16   Link #257
nubby

looks like a Yoko and Kamina pairing! they didnt show Yoko with the supposed future version of Simon so I wonder if they died together....
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:38   Link #258
7Th
Mixtape

Gurren-Lagann 3 was really, really impressive. It was not only one of the most accomplished depictions of pure adrenaline in the medium but also a fully functional chapter that as part of a broader storyline advances the plot in a frenetic fashion. There's nothing to complain here, everything was perfectly aggressive in every single sense: a still brilliantly crazy direction, a script that oozes coolness, an OST than enhances the extreme pace, and pretty much the manliest mood We finally get a definite proof of Gainax ability when they flex their creative muscles.

The animation surprisingly, or not, kept it up and in some particular scenes it even surpasses that premier with a kinetic geniality of it's own. This undoubtedly remains one of the only series this season whose visuals are worth the adjective of amazing. Not only on the enormous strength of it's stylish and aggressive management of movement, a laid-back yet serious attempt at achieving the intensity of youth that a manages to feel natural and enchant the viewer with it's incredible charisma, but for the cinematography and scene composition were also equally great and injected with force. My inner sakuga-fanatic, adventurer kid, manly persona and pseudo-film snob were smiling the 22 minutes.

Next episode preview looks intriguing to say the least, the "K-Team", both the three girls and the blond guy have names starting with K, finally makes it appearance and the graphic motion in the little fragment we were able to see looked charming, Nishio again?
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:44   Link #259
SinsI

A question to native speakers -
Spoiler for episode 3:
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:55   Link #260
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Next episode preview looks intriguing to say the least, the "K-Team", both the three girls and the blond guy have names starting with K, finally makes it appearance and the graphic motion in the little fragment we were able to see looked charming, Nishio again?
Certainly looks like a change of pace, though it's always hard to tell with these things. For some bizarre reason I keep thinking the Mad Hatter's Tea Party

One thing I've been wondering about Viral, he's not entirely human is he? He's got claws and fangs, so I wonder if he's a mutant or a hybrid of those wierd hairy mole monkeys piloting the enemy mecha
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote