AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 12:23   Link #161
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Want To See ~Okawari~ But I Don't Want To See The Raw....
Is The Second Ep Been Out Yet...?
Old 2008-01-14, 12:34   Link #162
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Since the 1st season had got a way too good head start, not surprised that 2nd season got fallen a lot when you do a compare with each other.

To be fair, 2nd is more close to manga version. But 1st did raise the fun to its limits successfully.

Other then the screenplay style and production[drawing] related, I still enjoy the punch line at Okawari. Remember to treat it as Futakoi Alternative and Futakoi: they are different from each other. Even the characters themselves are somewhere 40% max alike at most in Futakoi series.

We now return to the normal program of Okawari.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 12:36   Link #163
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Want To See ~Okawari~ But I Don't Want To See The Raw....
Is The Second Ep Been Out Yet...?
If you wanna learn Japanese, the only shortcut is to force yourself to watch raw 1st.
Old 2008-01-14, 12:44   Link #164
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
If slice of life is what Okawari all about,then they shouldn't use the name Minami Ke.

Minami Ke to me,is a combination of both comedy and slice of life,and described in the most cute ways.Lack one of those element mentioned means it don't deserve the name Minami Ke anymore.

Just my 2 cents.
well, the series essentially does say something along the lines of "this story is about the plain life of the minami sisters, please don't expect anything major blah blah blah", so it's still following the original premise...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:01   Link #165
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
well, the series essentially does say something along the lines of "this story is about the plain life of the minami sisters, please don't expect anything major blah blah blah", so it's still following the original premise...
Agreed.

Many people here seems expecting too much for Minami-ke[and okawari], and forgotten what Chiaki-sama had warned you about for 13 times already.

It is a parallel world, and you won't fell that bad of Okawari once you truly understands it.
Old 2008-01-14, 13:04   Link #166
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency View Post
If you wanna learn Japanese, the only shortcut is to force yourself to watch raw 1st.
I Know A lot Of Japanese Word...I Even Can Speak Japanese..
But I'm Afraid They Put Hard Word...
So I'm Gonna Watch The Raw...
Old 2008-01-14, 13:10   Link #167
mandarb916

Quote:
Agreed.

Many people here seems expecting too much for Minami-ke[and okawari], and forgotten what Chiaki-sama had warned you about for 13 times already.

It is a parallel world, and you won't fell that bad of Okawari once you truly understands it.
well, it's not really so much the parallel world or chiaki's oddly dyed hair, or the old fashioned phone in the hallway etc that's a huge turnoff, atleast for me. The content hasn't changed much since S1 and I don't watch subs so I'm not sure how that translates over to English and how much of the comedy is maintained. One of the strong points of S1 was how close to perfect the timing of the voice acting was. In Okawari, the timing is way off now so there's uncomfortable silences or the tsukkomi is rushed so it's really awkward...

i'll still keep watching it as it's something to watch though and it's not uber horrid, though.
Old 2008-01-14, 13:15   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I find it interesting that the second attempt is apparently much closer to the manga's art and feel --- and its taking terrible heat for that.

So if the manga was so bad, one wonders how it got greenlit for anime in the first place? (not saying the manga was bad -- but if one is blasting something that is closer to the manga, eh?)

Ah well, won't know til I get a look-see. It *does* sound like the comedy timing is an issue though and that may make the difference.
Old 2008-01-14, 13:18   Link #169
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
well, it's not really so much the parallel world or chiaki's oddly dyed hair, or the old fashioned phone in the hallway etc that's a huge turnoff, atleast for me. The content hasn't changed much since S1 and I don't watch subs so I'm not sure how that translates over to English and how much of the comedy is maintained. One of the strong points of S1 was how close to perfect the timing of the voice acting was. In Okawari, the timing is way off now so there's uncomfortable silences or the tsukkomi is rushed so it's really awkward...

i'll still keep watching it as it's something to watch though and it's not uber horrid, though.
That's exactly what Chiaki had pointed out: many had overexpecting on this show.

For me, I watch both raw [as a file] and nicodouga's web version /w real time comments[you can't keep but to laugh on the comments if you knows how 2ch works].
I then can enjoy the full favor provided.
Old 2008-01-14, 14:25   Link #170
mandarb916

niconico douga adds a layer of entertainment to most any anime :P I hate it when people start discussing stuff on niconico though...I prefer people keeping that on 2ch :P
Old 2008-01-14, 14:45   Link #171
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed.

Don't you think they should put that notice too in Okawari?Unless the animators think that the anime quality and new style implemented in Okawari could meet everyone's expectation?

Beside i don't think anyone expecting the story to be more interesting anyway...since slice of life anime are always like that,nothing unexpected or twisting plot would happen,unlike other different genre kind of anime like Kimikiss or Da Capo.

So the problem in Okawari is not on the storyline...its how they describe it.Some may feel it as okay,but other ppl like me felt that everything was just not right.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:21   Link #172
herbert

What is wrong with me? I came here with expections of some positive opinions after watching ep2, but just find out there are more complaints than even ep1 got. Frankly, I enjoyed it. Even though I truely had the problem to get used to new designs, but the jokes made me laugh and I think animation was more fluent than 1st season.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:05   Link #173
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
What is wrong with me? I came here with expections of some positive opinions after watching ep2, but just find out there are more complaints than even ep1 got. Frankly, I enjoyed it. Even though I truely had the problem to get used to new designs, but the jokes made me laugh and I think animation was more fluent than 1st season.
You just haven't read my post and that of many others.

Overall, i felt episode 02 to be much better than episode 01, but i'm not precisely the right person to say whether the humor is indeed good or not since i cannot truly enjoy a show without subs (my Japanese skills are that bad seriously... ).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:15   Link #174
golthin

Quote:
Remember to treat it as Futakoi Alternative and Futakoi: they are different from each other. Even the characters themselves are somewhere 40% max alike at most in Futakoi series.
Well there is a big difference between Futakoi and Futakoi alternative. One was a harem type of anime with many sets of twins. The second was a love triangle between a set of twins. Two different Genre.

MKO is not trying to be different than MK, just continuing the first season with different character designs and their take of how things should look. I said that even the girls' uncle is a fail because he doesn't look like a loser.

Even the Fugly close up to Chiaki in episode 2 was really annoying! Was that supposed to be funny?
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:26   Link #175
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Well there is a big difference between Futakoi and Futakoi alternative. One was a harem type of anime with many sets of twins. The second was a love triangle between a set of twins. Two different Genre.

MKO is not trying to be different than MK, just continuing the first season with different character designs and their take of how things should look. I said that even the girls' uncle is a fail because he doesn't look like a loser.

Even the Fugly close up to Chiaki in episode 2 was really annoying! Was that supposed to be funny?
I actually have the impression that MKO is trying to deviate from its predecessor, but it's keeping some stuff from the original in order to make the transition/continuation smoother (a good example would be the background music).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:34   Link #176
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
You just haven't read my post and that of many others.

Overall, i felt episode 02 to be much better than episode 01, but i'm not precisely the right person to say whether the humor is indeed good or not since i cannot truly enjoy a show without subs (my Japanese skills are that bad seriously... ).
I have read most posts, if not all. I know some said ep2 got improved comparing to ep1. But still way too more negative thoughts than I expected. I was surprised I was in minority.
Old 2008-01-14, 22:44   Link #177
animeotaku99

Come on people we need to give MKO more of a chance then that. I really want to see MKO subbed since I don't know any Japnaese.
I also think that we will al love the series as it progresses.
The only difference I see is the art style and addition fan service. and that is just the hot spring/ Panty shot type.
PLEASE Some group sub this anime
EDIT: and someone said Mako-chan looks more masculine, which I think is OK since he is a boy afterwards and it gives you that slight hint if you don't know his secret. He's still adorable though
animeotaku99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:48   Link #178
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

this is going to be Nanoha StrikerS all over again

at first no one is subbing it, then suddenly there are over 4 different subbers, and finally its down to one that subs it at the slowest pace possible
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:51   Link #179
animeotaku99

WWWAA! I want this series to be subbed so badly!
animeotaku99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:54   Link #180
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
this is going to be Nanoha StrikerS all over again

at first no one is subbing it, then suddenly there are over 4 different subbers, and finally its down to one that subs it at the slowest pace possible
I'd happily take that.

Come on - 180 posts in a week and a boatload of controversy? Surely there's more interest in this than most of the series already being subbed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life