Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-01, 00:18   Link #21
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
If you've seen Moe-tan, concept sounds familiar, but this time, it's horribly gone wrong
Hawt. Moetan gone horribly wrong is like a mushroom that rotted and has mushrooms growing on it... well, that dirty, but cuter And I love seiyuu trying to speak foreign languages! Except in songs.
Old 2008-02-01, 22:09   Link #22
Sprocket

Well, I don't know if I'll ever post here again, and I have little love for moe shows and the like, but I actually know the American character's voice-actor, and I thought I'd pass along the info. He's long-time Tranformers fan Hydra, who actually lives in Japan. I've known him since back in the late '90s, not closely, mind, but he's been fairly active in the fandom, wanting to and helping TV Nihon translate old Japanese Transformer shows.

Info's here: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=42315
Old 2008-02-02, 06:29   Link #23
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Well, I don't know if I'll ever post here again, and I have little love for moe shows and the like, but I actually know the American character's voice-actor, and I thought I'd pass along the info. He's long-time Tranformers fan Hydra, who actually lives in Japan. I've known him since back in the late '90s, not closely, mind, but he's been fairly active in the fandom, wanting to and helping TV Nihon translate old Japanese Transformer shows.

Info's here: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=42315
This is just, WOW.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:45   Link #24
Sprocket

Well, I don't know him closely, obviously, I know him as well as any Transformers fan does, but it's kind of weird to see a guy go from trying to make VHS fansubs of Japanese Transformers shows 10 years ago (that never really got off the ground save for a bunch of translated scripts, until 2004 when TV Nihon lent their services) to actually BEING on Japanese television. I guess some fanboys can make their dreams come true.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:57   Link #25
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Well, I don't know him closely, obviously, I know him as well as any Transformers fan does, but it's kind of weird to see a guy go from trying to make VHS fansubs of Japanese Transformers shows 10 years ago (that never really got off the ground save for a bunch of translated scripts, until 2004 when TV Nihon lent their services) to actually BEING on Japanese television. I guess some fanboys can make their dreams come true.
Wow... I didn't see that happening! I wonder if he will get more roles to play in within the future to come.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-02-02, 15:39   Link #26
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
This was actually the first time I've seen Aya Hirano. I was surprised at how young-looking and pretty she is! No wonder fanboys worship the ground she steps on. Guess it's not just the Haruhism. XD
Old 2008-02-12, 07:48   Link #27
Dop
Mmmm....

Coo. I watched that one just for a laugh, and I have to say they achieved the impossible, in that it made Moetan look superb!
Old 2008-02-12, 08:45   Link #28
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it's not too fair to compare the anime segments to any anime really. I've actually seen my share of bad educational anime before. But yeah, stand-alone it is pretty bad.

But as educational tools, I think it could be effective with enough exposure.

It's always a blast listening to foreign speakers in anime though. It seems most, if not all the foreign speakers are native speakers. Hilarious cross-language voicework
Old 2008-02-12, 09:28   Link #29
Phantasmagoria
*Author

The english video doesn't work, I was looking forward to it
Old 2008-02-12, 13:27   Link #30
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Coo. I watched that one just for a laugh, and I have to say they achieved the impossible, in that it made Moetan look superb!
!! Hearing that makes me want to watch Moetan . Thank you for saying "they achieved the impossible."

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-02-12, 17:26   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
!! Hearing that makes me want to watch Moetan . Thank you for saying "they achieved the impossible."
To bad I bet this gets a full subbing before Moetan ever does. Moetan is also a hell of a lot more fun to watch and doesn't recycle the same animation sequence between each episode while only overlaying the essentials.
Old 2008-12-26, 18:50   Link #32
einhorn303

Moegaku*5 is licensed now, it's going to be on CrunchyRoll (legally).

Now, this show isn't *really* meant for children, is it?
Closed Thread