Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 21:39   Link #3621
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I think i finally understand why C.C's name is C.C. Its been stated it has nothing to do with her real initials and I started reading some of my old mythology books again and I read about the myth of Cu Chulainn. his intials are C.C. His story has a lot to do with what the power of geass (specifically Lelouch's) is based off of.

In mythology geass (spelled Geis in real life) is a absolute vow/order that one cannot go against.

In the myth of Cu Chulainn he had a geis to never eat dog meat, and he is also bound by a geis to eat any food offered to him by a woman. When a hag offers him dog meat, he has no way to emerge from the situation unscathed; this leads to his death.

Cu Chulainn's initials are C.C so I think that that why the name C.C was chosen. Since it's already been stated that it has nothing to do with hr real initials.
Very interesting, thanks a lot Deotox

Have you any other information about "Geis"?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:44   Link #3622
Asleep

Why did they keep her name hidden in the first place? I remember reading something like if we knew her name it would spoil us about Code Geass...How could it spoil us? Did they throw out that plot too along with Suzaku's geass relation?
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:45   Link #3623
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
My two cents about the Au-,

This is what Yukana originally said (just posting the part that's relevant):

結論から言うと、谷口さんのギアスにかかっているので私の口からは…
After the conclusion (ending of CG), Taniguchi cast a geass on me,
言おうとすると…
It's...
あうあう…
Auau...
…あれ?なんだったっけ?
...Eh? What was it?
ごめんなさい。
I'm sorry.
忘れてしまいました(≧-≦)ゞ
Unfortunately, I've forgotten.

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't heard of an onomatopoeia 'au au' in jap. The jap onomatopoeia for crying that I do know is 'hau hau' and 'monyu monyu'.

The way Yukana talks in her blog, it's as if she was about to say something (she says 言おうと、言おうと, which is roughly like saying 'I'm about to say it'). That's why she follows up the 'au au' with 'Eh? What was it?'. It's like someone who's trying to recall the name of a person or something but the name is just at the tip of your tongue...

Well, take it for what you see. Does Yukana's name start with Au-? Or was she doing this --> *sob* *cries*?

Anyhow, Aurelia sounds nice. It's a beautiful name. I seem to recall that Aurora is a variation of it?
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, Mister, are you saying that "Au" could really be part of c.c.'s name?

Quote:
Anyhow, Aurelia sounds nice. It's a beautiful name.
Aurr would be glad to read this
Old 2008-10-07, 21:45   Link #3624
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Very interesting, thanks a lot Deotox

Have you any other information about "Geis"?
Well if you want a more official wxplanation.

Quote:
"A geis can be compared with a curse or, paradoxically, a gift. If someone under a geis violates the associated taboo, the infractor will suffer dishonour or even death. On the other hand, the observing of one's geasa is believed to bring power and good fortune. Often it is women who place geasa upon men. In some cases the woman turns out to be goddess or other sovereignty figure. The geis is often a key device in hero tales. A beneficial geis might involve a prophecy that a person would die in a particular way; the particulars of their death in the vision might be so bizarre that the person could then avoid their fate for many years."
Seems pretty obvious that Tanaguchi based the Geass in Code Geass off of the Geis in early mythology.

oh there was allso the tale of Lleu Llaw Gyffes. He had a Geis that neither so that he couldn't die during the day or night, nor indoors or outdoors, neither riding nor walking, not clothed and not naked, nor by any weapon lawfully made. He was safe until his wife, Blodeuwedd, learning of these foretold conditions, convinced him to show her how he could theoretically be stepping out of a river onto a riverbank sheltered by a roof and put one foot on a goat, and so on, thus enabling the conditions that allowed him to be killed.

Oh and I quoted some of this stuff from wiki because i'm to lazy to look throught he books.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:50   Link #3625
Asleep

Quote:

Seems pretty obvious that Tanaguchi based the Geass in Code Geass off of the Geis in early mythology.

oh there was allso the tale of Lleu Llaw Gyffes. He had a Geis that neither so that he couldn't die during the day or night, nor indoors or outdoors, neither riding nor walking, not clothed and not naked, nor by any weapon lawfully made. He was safe until his wife, Blodeuwedd, learning of these foretold conditions, convinced him to show her how he could theoretically be stepping out of a river onto a riverbank sheltered by a roof and put one foot on a goat, and so on, thus enabling the conditions that allowed him to be killed.

Oh and I quoted some of this stuff from wiki because i'm to lazy to look throught he books.
Very interesting. Does sound an awful lot like Code Geass.
Old 2008-10-07, 21:52   Link #3626
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Very interesting. Does sound an awful lot like Code Geass.
Especially the part about geis most often being bestowed upon a man by a goddess. Sonds pretty familiar if you ask me.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:53   Link #3627
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

It was very interesting, thanks. +Rep (if I can rep you)
Old 2008-10-07, 21:57   Link #3628
Asleep

Quote:
Especially the part about geis most often being bestowed upon a man by a goddess. Sonds pretty familiar if you ask me.
I found its pronunciation to be quite similar too. a geis (pronounced /ˈɡɛʃ/, plural geasa) (emphasis mine)
Old 2008-10-07, 21:57   Link #3629
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, Mister, are you saying that "Au" could really be part of c.c.'s name?

Aurr would be glad to read this
...I think so.

And I'm a Miss, btw
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:58   Link #3630
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
...I think so.

And I'm a Miss, btw
Sorry >o<!

And thanks for the info, Miss !
Old 2008-10-07, 22:06   Link #3631
Asleep

Quote:
...I think so.

And I'm a Miss, btw
heheheeh I also thought you were a Mister Sorry.

And thanks for the analysis on her blog post
Old 2008-10-08, 00:05   Link #3632
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Auau is like a cute noise Yukana is making when trying to remember the name. It's her little blog. This kind of noise can be written as anything. XD
At least I don't see a Japanese speaking person taking this as a hint.

This summer I went to a convention featuring a face-to-face interview with Yukana and Wakamoto. When seeing her in person, I found Yukana to be a very charming person. She speaks in a sweet, mild, and dreamy way. And her playing her hair and quiet giggling while Wakamoto speaks makes me want to go "awww... do you have to be so cute? Please hold back your cuteness or I can't concentrate on what Wakamoto is saying!" *faints*
I can totally picture her saying "au... what was I trying to say?" while knocking her head lightly. (Like the emotion " (≧-≦)ゞ " is showing.)

Yukana also said this in her blog, in the same post:
いつか、本名で呼ばせたい相手が現れるその日まで、大切にとっておいてるんじゃないでしょうか (*^-^*)
= I think I'll cherish this name until the say I (C.C.) meets someone who I really want him to call me by the real name.

In a romantic way, she's saying that the audience isn't who C.C. is waiting for, so she's keeping this secret.
In a realistic way, she's politely saying she's not authorized to answer so please stop asking. XD

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-10-08 at 00:15.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:08   Link #3633
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Auau is like a cute noise Yukana is making when trying to remember the name. It's her little blog. This kind of noise can be written as anything. XD

This summer I went to a convention featuring a face-to-face interview with Yukana and Wakamoto. When seeing her in person, I found Yukana to be a very charming person. She speaks in a sweet, mild, and dreamy way. And her playing her hair and quiet giggling while Wakamoto speaks makes me want to go "awww... do you have to be so cute? Please hold back your cuteness or I can't concentrate on what Wakamoto is saying!" *faints*
I can totally picture her saying "au... what was I trying to say?" while knocking her head lightly. (Like the emotion " (≧-≦)ゞ " is showing.)

She also said this in her blog:
= I think I'll cherish this name until the say I (C.C.) meets someone who I really want him to call me by the real name.

In a romantic way, she's saying that the audience isn't who C.C. is waiting for, so I'm keeing this secret.
In a realistic way, she's she's not authorized to tell. So giving away anything is violating professional ethics.
Thanks a lot for those infos ^^

Koshimizu, I shared what you said to me about the newtype in the generic discussion thread (the line about taniguchi) (I'm sorry if it was wrong to do that ). Someone told us that it was a wrong info, so can you clarify this thing up? (sorry again )
Old 2008-10-08, 00:10   Link #3634
Asleep

Quote:

In a romantic way, she's saying that the audience isn't who C.C. is waiting for, so she's keeping this secret.
In a realistic way, she's telling us she's not authorized to answer. So giving away anything is violating professional ethics. Please stop asking. XD
That clears it up. I missed your intelligent and detailed posts Koshimizu! Thanks!
Old 2008-10-08, 00:12   Link #3635
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I found its pronunciation to be quite similar too. a geis (pronounced /ˈɡɛʃ/, plural geasa) (emphasis mine)
... Yeah, right. "Gesh" sounds similar to "Gee-Uhs". How about NO. Yes, I can read IPA. Though why the the abbreviation for the International Phonetic Alphabet isn't abbreviated phonetically seems odd... but "AEA" or "IFA" would both look weird.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:20   Link #3636
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... Yeah, right. "Gesh" sounds similar to "Gee-Uhs". How about NO. Yes, I can read IPA. Though why the the abbreviation for the International Phonetic Alphabet isn't abbreviated phonetically seems odd... but "AEA" or "IFA" would both look weird.
Er I was talking about it's plural form geasa I even bolded it. No need to be so aggressive
Old 2008-10-08, 03:21   Link #3637
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

In a realistic way, she's politely saying she's not authorized to answer so please stop asking. XD
Haha, that was sweet.

Thanks for sharing ~
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:08   Link #3638
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
maybe C.C wnat lelouch say her real name?

and call her with C.C real name?
Old 2008-10-08, 15:05   Link #3639
Used Can

Well, that's possible since she said she'll keep it for herself, until a/the partner she'd like to call her real name shows up.

However, chances for Lelouch being alive are not really high. So, I wouldn't really go around making assumptions.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:36   Link #3640
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, that's possible since she said she'll keep it for herself, until a/the partner she'd like to call her real name shows up.

However, chances for Lelouch being alive are not really high. So, I wouldn't really go around making assumptions.
Personally I belive it's is how you interpret it. There is evidence backing both claims. Just comes down to whether or not you want him alive =P Personally I wouldn't mind. If he was alive, he would get together with C.C.! WOOOO! If hes dead, so be it. He sacrificed his life to make the world a better place. Nothing can beat that >_>
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote