AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 11:37   Link #10901
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
You mean, his female classmates think he's gay, right ?
Yes at least at the start of volume 1.
Quote:
"Which place are you Tonomachi?"

"358th place."

"The organizer was you!?"

"The reasons I managed to get that rank included: 'his passion seems it'd be too strong', 'he seems to be hairy', and 'his toenails seem to smell'."

"As I thought, that's the worst ranking!"

"Well, below that are the people nobody voted for. At least with the negative points I managed to win in that category."

"That's pushing it a bit far! With a rank like that, it would have been better to give up."

"Don't worry Itsuka. You were entered as Mr. Anonymous and got one vote and 52nd place."

"Wrong response!"

"Well other reasons include: 'he doesn't seem interested in women', and 'to be frank, he seems like a homo'."

"It's an iron hammer bringing death by unreasonable slander!"

"Just calm down. In the 'Fujoshi Selected Best Couple', you and I made the top ranking as a pair."

"I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THAT AT ALL!"

Shidou shouted. He was slightly worried at being part of the couple in first place
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 14:21   Link #10902
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Agree that Shidou is a relatively good male protagonist for a harem/dating series. He acts normal enough, is friendly, gets along well with classmates, knows how to cook, is a responsible person and knows how to look after both himself,and his sister as well. He does give me the feeling that even if the plot didn't dictate it so, he would most likely be able to get a girlfriend. Though whether he's really so good that so many girls would be falling for him is another question.
asuming that kotori would allow him to do this.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 05:54   Link #10903
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Agree that Shidou is a relatively good male protagonist for a harem/dating series. He acts normal enough, is friendly, gets along well with classmates, knows how to cook, is a responsible person and knows how to look after both himself,and his sister as well. He does give me the feeling that even if the plot didn't dictate it so, he would most likely be able to get a girlfriend. Though whether he's really so good that so many girls would be falling for him is another question.
Seconded this. If a said girlfriend is a spirit, who do you think suits him?

Expecting fanboys answers...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 08:17   Link #10904
cboy123
I was a stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The only time Shidou has really shown any major cluelessness is in volume 2 with Origami and that is because he vastly underestimates just how much she likes him as there is no logical reason in his mind for her to be that attached to him that she is trying to tempt him into having sex. It's clear that buy the Origami side story he has figured out that she is completely in "love"* with him as the whole point of that was to have her dump him and it failed so hard.

* I'm of the opinion that the old Origami was also in love with Shidou but due to her stunted emotional growth and dependence on him it was a less complete version than she has after volume 11.
Wait... if this is real... we're going to see the full power of Origami's LOVE...
But why? Why did she cut her hair... It looks hot for her.
cboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 09:26   Link #10905
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy123 View Post
Wait... if this is real... we're going to see the full power of Origami's LOVE...
But why? Why did she cut her hair... It looks hot for her.
Could be she likes it better shorter now or she figures since all of Shidou's memories of her have short hair it will be easier for him to see that she is the Origami he knows
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 10:23   Link #10906
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Seconded this. If a said girlfriend is a spirit, who do you think suits him?

Expecting fanboys answers...
LOL, when quoting your message, saw your hidden sentence.

Anyway, the first thing which came to my head, rather than thinking which spirit suited him, was which spirit needed someone like Shidou, and I thought Tohka immediately, since she didn't know much about the world, is rather like a child and needs taking care of, things which are Shidou's strong points as I pointed out in my earlier post.

I think Shidou's the kind of person that provides stability and care, so I wonder whether the wildness and freedom which Kurumi represents suits him well - I think Shidou would find Kurumi tough to handle, but maybe there's a chemistry between opposites?

Miku seems to be a person that likes to be a big sister with a dominant personality and taking care of others (I am talking from anime experience only), so when Shidou already does a good job of taking after himself, I wonder if Miku is someone that he really needs...

That's my answer based on some quick reflections. Maybe I'll think a bit about the Yamai sisters but right now I don't think of any points regarding their personalities and character that would make them a good or bad fit with Shidou. Yoshino is too young, and Kotori is his sister so I tend to automatically disqualify these two. Origami I can't comment at all since based on anime knowledge only she comes across as too aggressive or rather a control-freak, to put it in not a so polite way, and I wonder whether she suits any guy...

Would like to know your and other's answers as well.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 12:50   Link #10907
Gilly

Just finished reading Volume 8. I am proud to declare that I am smarter than Shidou and that I guessed where Natsumi hid as soon as her game started. Well, actually, it's more like I considered the possibility much sooner than he did, and I was right.

There was also Westcott doing more evil stuff, but I don't care. Time for Volume 9.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 18:36   Link #10908
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Just finished reading Volume 8. I am proud to declare that I am smarter than Shidou and that I guessed where Natsumi hid as soon as her game started. Well, actually, it's more like I considered the possibility much sooner than he did, and I was right.

There was also Westcott doing more evil stuff, but I don't care. Time for Volume 9.
sadly to say......if shidou found out that its Yoshinon at that spot then........we won't have much to read in that volume.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:25   Link #10909
jakeslogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler for dxd:

Spoiler for possible spoilers:
Harem end:
Spoiler:
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 23:06   Link #10910
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslogan View Post
Harem end:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Harem End:
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 07:15   Link #10911
Riki
ランダム王

Wow, now i know how other translators feel about summaries. They really kill motivation to translate.......
Old 2014-10-07, 07:55   Link #10912
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Wow, now i know how other translators feel about summaries. They really kill motivation to translate.......
Riki dont worry we still appreciate your efforts
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 08:02   Link #10913
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Riki dont worry we still appreciate your efforts
The summaries are detailed to the point where a little adjustments would make it a full chapter lol.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:50   Link #10914
AP24

Quote:
The summaries are detailed to the point where a little adjustments would make it a full chapter lol.
Can they be used to make translation faster?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 08:54   Link #10915
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Can they be used to make translation faster?
If you are asking me to use the summaries and edit them into full chapters then, nope. i won't do that.
Old 2014-10-07, 15:10   Link #10916
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I'm sorry I've remove it now I hope you keep keep translating
Old 2014-10-07, 18:43   Link #10917
Riki
ランダム王

Nope, Vol 11 will be my last volume. Since the anon summary is very detailed, i decided to let this one go.
Old 2014-10-07, 18:45   Link #10918
LordZero25
Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryenault View Post
Can you make a post with all the summaries in one post so I can save the page?
Spoiler for Summary:

「歌は神秘」
LordZero25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 18:48   Link #10919
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Nope, Vol 11 will be my last volume. Since the anon summary is very detailed, i decided to let this one go.
I see thx for translating riki but are you still reading dal even if your not translating I hope it's ok to ask

Again ty
Old 2014-10-07, 18:51   Link #10920
Riki
ランダム王

Still reading, no translating.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy