AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 18:23   Link #141
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Spoiler:
Painful.
Spoiler for more questions:

Now I want to know what happened at the end even more than ever :P
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 19:40   Link #142
neshru

Spoiler:
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 19:46   Link #143
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Spoiler:
Ah, so Irako fought them at different locations?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:00   Link #144
RHart80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansy View Post
My internet sarcasm detector isn't working properly at the moment; are you actually being serious? I've seen enough insane posts here and there where it's hard to be sure.

If you're serious, this is kind of like someone saying [insert random serial killer or genocidal despot here] isn't as bad as [insert random politician here] because "at least he isn't a hypocrite."

So basically Kogan may be a sadistic, murderous, psychopath who sexually assaulted his own daughter and kills innocent people to test sword techniques, but at least he would never backstab his own people (except for the two former students of his summoned to guard him, who he literally stabbed in the back), and so apparently he's an honorable guy?

I thought it was pretty clear that Kogan was pretty much a monster. The fact that he occasionally did something nice instead of monstrous does not negate this.
Actually alot of stuff Kogan does in Shigurui was normal Samurai behavior. They tested swords out on people all the time how do you think they came up with the term 1,2,3, or 4 and so on body blade? They would see how many bodies the blade would cut through. As far as the Mie thing goes he never really "raped" her if you're talking about the part were he grabbed her at night and touched her he was making sure she was ready to get pregnant. Women were nothing but possesions in Fuedal Japan. He wanted to her to hurry up and get pregnant so she could seed his blood line. Sure he was bat shit crazy but I still would'nt have called him downright evil. There are no good/bad guys in Shigurui, you should know that. If anyone is a villain in Shigurui I would go with Irako.
RHart80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:01   Link #145
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I was wondering if anyone knows who won the original duel in the original novel?

I don't think I can wait till the manga finishes lol
Old 2009-11-26, 16:01   Link #146
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHart80 View Post
If anyone is a villain in Shigurui I would go with Irako.
lol. I have to frankly disagree with that one. Yes, Irako is pretty damn twisted like the rest of the cast and all, but him slashing through the samurai culture that fostered his hatred, it's almost as if he's some kind of a crusader, killing the people who wronged him.

And yeah, feudal classes have had way too much power with reckless abandon everywhere from Europe to Asia. Thank god the modern era took them down quite a few notches.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:54   Link #147
ViewtifulAlchemist

I kind of wish I never watched this. Not that it was bad, quite the opposite. It was one of the best samurai anime I've ever seen since Trust and Betrayal....yet the series has no real conclusion and there doesn't seem to be any signs of a second season or anything. Sucks because this was a real nitty gritty samurai series unlike any other I've seen so far.

They give you this great Irako vs. Fukuji fight build-up in episode 1 then go through all this back story showing how they got to that point but they don't even return back to the fight or even leave the series at decent point that one could link back to it.

Sig by Jze0
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:20   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^You can always start reading the manga if you want more. It's just as good, thought the artstyle is... different and very gorish.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:09   Link #149
ViewtifulAlchemist

Yeah I heard about the manga and looked into more info about shortly after I finished the TV series, I was hoping to not have to add another manga series to my backlog just because the TV version didn't do a good job at covering the story but I guess I have no choice with this one.

Sig by Jze0
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:57   Link #150
Wasabi Gin
8-Bit Samurai

Send a message via MSN to Wasabi Gin
I'm only on episode two, but I must say, I'm hooked. The overall appearance is stunning and so is the way the story is told.
Wasabi Gin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme violence, mature, shounen