Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 07:13   Link #3081
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
People need to stop saying this.

When she enters the hospital room and sees Haruto, the first thing that comes into her mind in order to "resolve" this mess that she created is to continue lying and verbally curb-stomp someone she is supposed to hold dear. She decides to do something despicable to delay the inevitable outcome AND she relies on Haruto's "kindness" to play along. This guy could have falcon punched Eba and walked out, she would have deserved it. Does none of this bother you at all? I'm seriously baffled.
precisely, well said
Old 2010-05-13, 07:17   Link #3082
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well since arguing about Eba is too much for my blood pressure Im going to switch it up a bit. Even though she doesnt seem to care that her actions might result in Haruto and Kazama not being friends anymore (this is not all her fault)

Iv been thinking about how these turn of events is going to effect Kazama and Haruto's friendship and we still have a third party. I wonder how she will react when she finds out Haruto's reasons (which she basically has) Haruto and Kazama love the same girl. What are you guys thoughts on this. I think Kazama has known all this time who Haruto was there were too hints given that he had prior knowledge.

Now if you were Haruto what would you do about Kamaza?
Old 2010-05-13, 07:17   Link #3083
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh...man...AHHHH!! AHHH!!

This is great. Oh man. Right when Kazama says he'll help him out. AHHH!!

Kudos to whoever called this first!!
Then its Kudos to most of us As almost everyone predicted this. BTW no more comments from you? You always seem to have such intelligent posts, so what's your take on this situation?

@Sinestra, If I were Haruto, it would be too painful for me to be around both Kazama and Eba. I would take some time out for myself, regain my composure and get my life back together, move on, concentrate on my career, studies, and if a nice girl comes along, I will try and get to know her better and not make the same mistakes I did in my past relationship. Now, once I have done all that and the wound has been healed with time, Iwill once again be friends with Kazama and maybe even go to his wedding with Eba
Old 2010-05-13, 07:24   Link #3084
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's obvious that we've only seen half of the truth so far. And it's also fairly obvious to me that Eba didn't merely fall for Kazama's good looks and high spirits. My gut also tells me that in fact, her backstory with Kazama might be even longer than she had known Haruto in the first place (in fact CAUSING her to move to the countryside in the first place).

Yes, she's got alot to answer for, and so far, there is no acceptable reason for her treatment of Haruto (cutting him off cold without explanation), but until I fully understand her side, I can't feel the white rage at her that has gripped so many people here ^_^;

Well, she's running out of reasons to deny an explanation to Haruto, since he knows alot already. So, time to spill the guts, Yuzuki! (The next time they're alone)
Yeah, my jury is still out with Yuzuki. She better have a damn good reason though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I should jump back into this thread

Maybe my psychic abilities would be useful. It's just that the raw readers are keeping me away from here
Luckily everyone uses spoiler tags here, but I still keep away from the time the chapter is published til it's scanlated. I missed ten pages of discussion, but I rather miss that than be spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
People need to stop saying this.

When she enters the hospital room and sees Haruto, the first thing that comes into her mind in order to "resolve" this mess that she created is to continue lying and verbally curb-stomp someone she is supposed to hold dear. She decides to do something despicable to delay the inevitable outcome AND she relies on Haruto's "kindness" to play along. This guy could have falcon punched Eba and walked out, she would have deserved it. Does none of this bother you at all? I'm seriously baffled.
Agreed. Yuzuki and Haruto both acted with Kazama's feelings in mind. I don't think Kazama knows their relationship. However, Kazama said he has told Yuzuki about Haruto before. This makes me wonder at what point did she learn that he came to Tokyo? Did Kazama use Haruto's name when talking about him? If he did, that means Yuzuki knew her new boyfriend has befriended her ex-boyfriend.

She certainly has a lot going against her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Yes I take what Rin says at face-value, because from what I have seen, she never lies, she merely manipulates the truth to suit her own tastes. And I say she cares for Haruto because she acknowledged that date they had and had fun and still holds onto that Teddy Bear that Haruto got for her

Its sad, but its inevitable that Eba will end up with Haruto

@Dorsai, not necessarily, show me one part where Rin has lied to anybody in the manga. Just one.
Rin tells pieces of the truth, only ones that suit her interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Well since arguing about Eba is too much for my blood pressure Im going to switch it up a bit. Even though she doesnt seem to care that her actions might result in Haruto and Kazama not being friends anymore (this is not all her fault)

Iv been thinking about how these turn of events is going to effect Kazama and Haruto's friendship and we still have a third party. I wonder how she will react when she finds out Haruto's reasons (which she basically has). What are you guys thoughts on this. I think Kazama has known all this time who Haruto was there were too hints given that he had prior knowledge.

Now if you were Haruto what would you do about Kamaza?
Easy with that rage man, haha. I do think she cares about their friendship, otherwise she wouldn't have acted like she did when she walked in. And I don't think Kazama knew who Haruto was in relation to Yuzuki.

Lastly, I'm hoping for a non-Yuzuki end, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Quote:
Then its Kudos to most of us As almost everyone predicted this. BTW no more comments from you? You always seem to have such intelligent posts, so what's your take on this situation?
I read the chapter on my little break (I'm at work) and I just now had time to finish reading past posts and type up replies and edit to add in replies that were post as I typed everything, lol. I do thank you for the complement though.
Old 2010-05-13, 07:27   Link #3085
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I'd be satisfied if Haruto just went on a killing spree. That would make this manga a little more realistic.
Old 2010-05-13, 07:31   Link #3086
Svyatoslav

Quote:
. I would take some time out for myself, regain my composure and get my life back together, move on, concentrate on my career, studies, and if a nice girl comes along, I will try and get to know her better and not make the same mistakes I did in my past relationship. Now, once I have done all that and the wound has been healed with time, Iwill once again be friends with Kazama and maybe even go to his wedding with Eba
Actually, I don't think it's a good option destroying friendship with Kazama. He can just make up something to not see anyone for some time. Or, if he doesn't feel so bad about it as he might do, he can just keep living in Tokyo like before, although avoiding meeting Eba, if possible.

But that's it if he still feels like continue this life. I guess it would be a nice move to come back to girl who confessed to him before his leaving to Tokyo. Either returning to Hiroshima or inviting her to Tokyo.

P.S. Going out with her in front of Eba would be a nice move
Svyatoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:39   Link #3087
ZeKeR
Superbad

man is Haruto a masochist? that he likes pain?

dude... stop it with your delusional love.... she's not coming back to your arms.... she'll only come back when she's had enough.... how much of worth is she to make you stay faithful to her even though she's stabbing you in the front now?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:42   Link #3088
HF2008

Spoiler for Eba's Decision:

My other question is how are the fans taking this in Japan? I mean, are sales going strong? If not, thank goodness. What doesn't sell will not be repeated again. I sick of what I am going to call 2D girls are evil movement in maga recently.
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:42   Link #3089
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

posted from my phone

Quote:
I would take some time out for myself, regain my composure and get my life back together, move on, concentrate on my career, studies, and if a nice girl comes along, I will try and get to know her better and not make the same mistakes I did in my past relationship. Now, once I have done all that and the wound has been healed with time, Iwill once again be friends with Kazama and maybe even go to his wedding with Eba
That's funny, that sounds similar to that movie, 500 Days of Summer, I believe that's the title. Nice movie by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Luckily everyone uses spoiler tags here, but I still keep away from the time the chapter is published til it's scanlated. I missed ten pages of discussion, but I rather miss that than be spoiled.
Spoiler tags being present would actually benefit me due to my increase in phone browsing where my browser will not process spoiler tags live due to no javascripting, but I always have that highly vivid memory back in the Omamori Himari anime thread where someone failed to use said tags resulting in me, being the super speed reading, multi-tasking person that I am, absorbing half that post before realizing "spoilers!"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:50   Link #3090
Shadow5YA

Looks like Kazama and Haruto are in the same position. Both of them couldn't get Eba unless they forced themselves on her. The only thing that brought Eba over the edge and to Kazama is (probably) the illness, as expected. With Kazama being sick, Eba probably saw him in a new light and thought he was manly for doing his best, despite his handicap. It's like a blind man getting good at video games, or a guy with HIV surviving and funding research clinics to find the cure. Poor Kazama and Haruto. They had no idea they were talking about the same girl. Poor Eba. She actually has a legitimate reason for liking both of them, though I think Eba doesn't realize that her affection for Kazama isn't exactly romantic love.

(And how the hell is a banana hard to eat?)

I really wonder what Kazama's illness is. He collapsed because of anemia, but there's more than one disease out there with anemia. The most likely possibility is sickle-cell anemia. You can't expectly compete in any sport if you're going to collapse from fatigue every so often, and sickle-cell anemia can be fatal, since it increases your chance of having a stroke.

I actually like this turn of events. It's the best of the worst to happen. Eba does geniunely like Kazama (though not in the same way as Haruto). Since she doesn't realize her affection for Kazama isn't the same as intimate affection, she's torn between two honest guys. Since this is Japanese culture and a confession = +1 affection, Kazama probably isn't helping Eba understand her feelings either. Haruto can't exactly steal Kazama's girlfriend either. It'd be a total dick move if he just went like "Kazama, even though I have no idea how hard you worked to get her, my feelings are obviously more important because I'm the main character. That gives me the right to trample on your feelings, no matter how honest, and to take Eba back!"

But, I digress. Since there's apparently this double standard where any girl's feelings the guy steps on is perfectly fine with a good intention but it becomes a sin when the girl does the same with the same good intention, Haruto is a total man's man while Eba is a total *****, right?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:51   Link #3091
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kazama is dense isn't he? He couldn't figure out that Eba is the girl Haruto was talking about? She came from Hiroshima not too long ago and goes to the all-girls school Haruto's "girlfriend" went to.

But, I've been thinking. Kazama does seem sharper than he leads on... I think he has already figured it all out already. He can probably tell that Eba was still in love with someone else since they started "dating", that's probably why he told Haruto to steal the girl away.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:53   Link #3092
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svyatoslav View Post
Actually, I don't think it's a good option destroying friendship with Kazama. He can just make up something to not see anyone for some time. Or, if he doesn't feel so bad about it as he might do, he can just keep living in Tokyo like before, although avoiding meeting Eba, if possible.

But that's it if he still feels like continue this life. I guess it would be a nice move to come back to girl who confessed to him before his leaving to Tokyo. Either returning to Hiroshima or inviting her to Tokyo.

P.S. Going out with her in front of Eba would be a nice move
I said it becaus, if it were me, I would be pretty bummed out to see my Ex-Girlfriend being all lovey-dovey with my best-friend infront of me. If that happened it would be really hard to keep my emotions in check. Right now Akari's words said tp Haruto fits the situation perfectly " You will go crazy seeing Eba acting all cozy with her new boyfriend, if you go there acting like a Hero, you will just die like a dog", man she was so spot on.

So if Eba genuinly likes both men and chose Kazama over Haruto doesnt that make Haruto the second choice?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-13 at 08:03.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:55   Link #3093
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

But, I've been thinking. Kazama does seem sharper than he leads on... I think he has already figured it all out already. He can probably tell that Eba was still in love with someone else since they started "dating", that's probably why he told Haruto to steal the girl away.
Agreed, he isnt a dimwit, he is pretty aware of what's going on, but I dont think he will be willing to give-up Eba that easily. As afterall, he had to know that he "stole" Eba from her previous boyfriend even though she kept refusing his advances before relenting, and so Kazama should've been prepared for the situation where Eba still has lingering feelings for her EX. . So its hard to imagine Kazama easily giving up and giving away the girl that he tried so hard to make his girlfriend. Since its inevitable that Eba and Haruto will end up together, Kazama will eventually have to let go of Eba but its gonna take some time. Hope that makes sense

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-13 at 13:39.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:08   Link #3094
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Spoiler tags being present would actually benefit me due to my increase in phone browsing where my browser will not process spoiler tags live due to no javascripting, but I always have that highly vivid memory back in the Omamori Himari anime thread where someone failed to use said tags resulting in me, being the super speed reading, multi-tasking person that I am, absorbing half that post before realizing "spoilers!"
I hear ya. Sometimes people don't use spoiler tags and by the time you realize what you're reading...it's too late. Spoilers are like the plague to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kazama is dense isn't he? He couldn't figure out that Eba is the girl Haruto was talking about? She came from Hiroshima not too long ago and goes to the all-girls school Haruto's "girlfriend" went to.

Did Haruto ever say where he was from exactly? And did Yuzuki even tell Kazama where she went for that extended period of time?

Quote:
I said it becaus, if it were me, I would be pretty bummed out to see my Ex-Girlfriend being all lovey-dovey with my best-friend infront of me. If that happened it would be really hard to keep my emotions in check. Right now Akari's words said tp Haruto fits the situation perfectly " You will go crazy seeing Eba acting all cozy with her new boyfriend, if you go there acting like a Hero, you will just die like a dog", man she was so spot on.

So if Eba genuinly likes both men and chose Kazama over Haruto doesnt that make Haruto the second choice?
Akari was dead on, indeed. I guess that was our foreshadow, huh.

I want to know Kazama's & Yuzuki's history together. Did they know each other from middle school or did Yuzuki lie about that? I WANT ANSWERS!!

This is pretty funny though: another one of Seo's protagonists would have been better off with the other girl.
Old 2010-05-13, 08:12   Link #3095
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

IS it just me who wants Haruto to just peace out?

Dude, go home, now you KNOW that she is with someone else, I don't eat off another man's plate when he is still eating his steak. It should just go like this:

- Haruto saw Eba with dude
- Haruto moves back home
- Haruto realizes that he already has a harem back home, chooses one of them
- Eba comes back because dude died in a car crash
- Haruto says too late
- Manga ends with Haruto and his home girl choice happy with a fam, Eba commits suicide

That is an ending I would like.
Old 2010-05-13, 08:26   Link #3096
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
IS it just me who wants Haruto to just peace out?

Dude, go home, now you KNOW that she is with someone else, I don't eat off another man's plate when he is still eating his steak. It should just go like this:

- Haruto saw Eba with dude
- Haruto moves back home
- Haruto realizes that he already has a harem back home, chooses all of them
- Eba comes back because dude died in a car crash
- Haruto says too late
- Manga ends with Haruto and his girls happy with a fam, Eba commits suicide

That is an ending I would like.
fix'd......
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:34   Link #3097
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I don't know whether Seo's a good author or not, this is just freaking pop culture after all, but the step he took is certainly evoking the kind of controvery that partly made ichigo100 for example popular.
I know some diehard rage boys will argument with dropping readership but I don't think that many will drop it.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:47   Link #3098
Yu An the Samurai

Well, I think that people that want Eba to have a despicable ending (e.g. commit suicide, car accident, etc.) should hold back. Because everyone have a reason for doing something F*** to their precious one right ? You people should give your divine judgement after learning the truth... If you people really just judge people without learning the truth, then you better don't fall in love in life. Actually, you're not even qualified to fall in love.

Then, let's say that Eba do have equal love of bond for both of Kazama and Haruto. You people either as Haruto or Kazama have learn this truth somehow. Which one would you choose ? Friendship or Love ? Become Angel or Devil ? Either is extremely hard for both of them, you know. But I think that you must be glad that you of all people are not in their position... Am I right ?? hm.....

So just sit tight, see how the things between them three unfold, and take the conclusion as a reference for your current or future love life. So that you don't get f*** up like the three of them. That's all folks.
Yu An the Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:56   Link #3099
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I don't know whether Seo's a good author or not, this is just freaking pop culture after all, but the step he took is certainly evoking the kind of controvery that partly made ichigo100 for example popular.
I know some diehard rage boys will argument with dropping readership but I don't think that many will drop it.
There won't be a lot of dropping because we are so far into the story. People have invested too much time to just stop. But their motives for reading may change now. Some who were rooting for Yuzuki in the beginning are now cursing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu An the Samurai View Post
So just sit tight, see how the things between them three unfold, and take the conclusion as a reference for your current or future love life. So that you don't get f*** up like the three of them. That's all folks.
If only life was a manga and I was a protagonist of a harem romance.
Old 2010-05-13, 08:56   Link #3100
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu An the Samurai View Post
Then, let's say that Eba do have equal love of bond for both of Kazama and Haruto. You people either as Haruto or Kazama have learn this truth somehow. Which one would you choose ? Friendship or Love ? Become Angel or Devil ? Either is extremely hard for both of them, you know. But I think that you must be glad that you of all people are not in their position... Am I right ?? hm.....
Haruto should man up and make the choice for her. Grow some nuts, tell her to make a choice, if she doesn't choose you, you still have like 10 girls who would like to see those nuts you just grew. The world ain't perfect, it's all about settling with what you got.

But this is a story and for the sake of entertainment, this sorry saga will continue...

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life