AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 15:13   Link #81
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Definitely. But I think they're gonna end up trying to market it to younger audiences.
I agree that it will most likely be in a daytime slot. While violence wise it may be a bit over the top, it would be pretty much suicide to do it at late night since that would effectively mean marketing it to otaku who would likely have very little interest in that kind of show. Even worse if the goal is to animate all the individual arcs.

That being said I don't think it;ll end up being as edited as Toriko(not unless Toei does it). Hunter X Hunter 2011 is a pretty good example of being able to get away with some heavy handed violence in a morning slot. Though personally I would hope it;s a primetime show since it could get away with a bit more while still airing during the day.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 16:02   Link #82
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I agree that it will most likely be in a daytime slot. While violence wise it may be a bit over the top, it would be pretty much suicide to do it at late night since that would effectively mean marketing it to otaku who would likely have very little interest in that kind of show. Even worse if the goal is to animate all the individual arcs.

That being said I don't think it;ll end up being as edited as Toriko(not unless Toei does it). Hunter X Hunter 2011 is a pretty good example of being able to get away with some heavy handed violence in a morning slot. Though personally I would hope it;s a primetime show since it could get away with a bit more while still airing during the day.
You're definitely on the money. Hopefully they follow Hunter X Hunter 2011's example on how they should do things. If people want it uncensored, then they'll probably uncensored it for home releases.
Old 2012-08-03, 16:21   Link #83
maximilianjenus
[E]

I have hopes on the colofurl joseph not being a kdification fo the show, but rather some retcon so it's more homogeneous to the latest arc's more colorful characters.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:31   Link #84
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Jojo TV starts in October and will air on MBS, CBC, Tokyo MX, and various other networks.

Cast:
Jonathan: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Dio: Takehito Koyasu
Zeppelin: Yoku Shioya
Speedwagon: Youji Ueda
Erina: Ayako Kawasumi

Staff:
Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
Visual Director: Yasufumi Soejima
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Takako Shimizu
Sub-character Design/Prop Design: Shinichi Machida
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Music: Hayato Matsuo
Animation Production: David Production

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-08-16 at 09:01.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:48   Link #85
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know, I expected Koyasu. For Kars, not for Dio, a nice surprise to say the least. I am cautious about whether David Production can pull JoJo, even knowing their track record.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:59   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Dio: Takehito Koyasu
Yes! Yes! Yes! I couldn't be happier with this choice.

David Production, eh? Somehow I had a feeling it would be a relatively new studio like that. Ben-to had some well-animated fighting scenes, so this could be good.
Old 2012-08-16, 09:01   Link #87
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

david production?

well at least they did a good job in Bento battle choreographic
Old 2012-08-16, 10:42   Link #88
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Now, the big question is, if they get to part 3, will it be a roadroller or a oil truck?
Old 2012-08-16, 12:19   Link #89
Jetzero Infinity

Interesting staff...neither director seems to have done much so I;m kinda curious as to how it'll turn out on that end. Also not that familar with David productions since they only work of their's I;ve seen is Level E which they co-produced with Pierrot.

My biggest question though would be the episode count. Since MBS seems to be the main broadcaster I;m guessing it;s a late night anime but that seems a bit weird if the eventual goal is to animate everything up to part 8. Guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:07   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've seen a lot of "David Production - prepare for disappointment" type sentiment today, and I'm a bit puzzled. I think the overall quality of their work has been pretty good.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:58   Link #91
leokiko

Their productions have been pretty decent(and ocasionally, awesome i.e Level E) but they've never done such a long production like Jojo. I'm only assuming that, of course, but it seems likely if they are going to adapt all parts.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 14:13   Link #92
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've seen a lot of "David Production - prepare for disappointment" type sentiment today, and I'm a bit puzzled. I think the overall quality of their work has been pretty good.
I'm actually pretty optimistic about it myself, but my main concern is the episode count and what exactly the plan is as far as adapting past part 1. Hopefully we'll get some light on that soon.
Old 2012-08-16, 14:32   Link #93
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Their productions have been pretty decent(and ocasionally, awesome i.e Level E) but they've never done such a long production like Jojo. I'm only assuming that, of course, but it seems likely if they are going to adapt all parts.
No way it's a long series if it's going to air on MBS, Tokyo MX, and a bunch of other stations at once. It's more likely that they're just doing Phantom Blood as a 1-cour series, and they'll probably want to see if anyone actually wants more before they consider making more seasons. Which means... Phantom Blood is probably all we're getting. Lol.
Old 2012-08-16, 17:29   Link #94
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Another Zetman incoming
At the very least we should get Battle Tendency adaptation too, goddammit.

Btw if its Kuroko's basketball replacement, that slot kinda promising for chance we can get multiple sequel.
Old 2012-08-16, 18:36   Link #95
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They're unpopular with sakuga fans. The main complaints seem to be:

a) Yasufumi Soejima's style of 2D/3D integration (or lack thereof)
b) uninteresting character motion that's a far cry from the expressive and innovative work produced by popular animators

Most viewers aren't bothered by the second point. However, some judge animation by a more stringent criteria, so from their perspective, David Production turns in mediocre, factory-quality work.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:10   Link #96
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Another Zetman incoming
At the very least we should get Battle Tendency adaptation too, goddammit.

Btw if its Kuroko's basketball replacement, that slot kinda promising for chance we can get multiple sequel.
If it's 1-cour I think we might just get Phantom Blood, which would be bullshit. If it's 2-cour we might indeed get Battle Tendency as well, which would probably be what most people want at least.

As far as David Production goes, I don't think it's a bad thing. Definitely not "oh noes it's DEEN aaaaaaaaaah!" or whatever. It's not automatically a good thing though, since it's not a particularly experienced studio so we don't know what to expect exactly. But can be exciting too.

I just realized yesterday that I read about David Production doing the Baby Superman pilot and series for Warner , directed by Toshiaki Hontani, some time back. I had totally forgotten about it, but it's a pretty interesting coincidence that their next big series is now a Warner Japan production. Or maybe... that isn't a coincidence at all.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:35   Link #97
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
If it's 1-cour I think we might just get Phantom Blood, which would be bullshit. If it's 2-cour we might indeed get Battle Tendency as well, which would probably be what most people want at least.

As far as David Production goes, I don't think it's a bad thing. Definitely not "oh noes it's DEEN aaaaaaaaaah!" or whatever. It's not automatically a good thing though, since it's not a particularly experienced studio so we don't know what to expect exactly. But can be exciting too.

I just realized yesterday that I read about David Production doing the Baby Superman pilot and series for Warner , directed by Toshiaki Hontani, some time back. I had totally forgotten about it, but it's a pretty interesting coincidence that their next big series is now a Warner Japan production. Or maybe... that isn't a coincidence at all.
Could Battle Tendency even be done in 1 cour? I could see Phantom Blood going either way between 1 cour or 2 cour since it starts off pretty slow but Battle Tendency jumps into things a bit faster and it's longer than Phantom Blood. Well since we don;t really know what the main plan is regarding anything past part 1 it;s just speculation but personally I think Battle Tendency would have to be 2 cour to be done right.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:55   Link #98
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

1 cour for Phantom Blood and 1 cour for Battle Tendency would be more than enough

it's only 55 chapters in 5 volumes for PB and 69 chapters in 7 volumes for BT

stretching either one into 2 cours will only make it draggy as hell

(heck we might only get PB at this point)
Old 2012-08-17, 07:10   Link #99
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ideally, Phantom Blood should be less than 1-cour if they actually plan on doing Battle Tendency as well. It really doesn't need a full page-by-page adaptation, and I think most people really view it as a long lead-in to Battle Tendency anyway. 10 episodes for Phantom Blood and 16 episodes for Battle Tendency should be enough imo.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:28   Link #100
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Ideally, it should go like, ep 1: The Sad Youth of Jonathan, with introduction of the Mask, up to the establishing character moment for Dio with Danny. End ep 1 with teenage Jonathan. Ep 2: Dad's illness, meeting Speedwagon. Ep 3: Confronting Dio then shit hit the fan. Ep 4: Hamon. The rest should be the rest of the arc.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabulous