AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 17:45   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Wait.. wait.. wait.. So in Dec 18, they will release the ova for Kanon right or was it for Tenri? Did I get it right?
This has no impact on the OVA releasing this month, which is the second half of the Tenri arc. This new spin-off OVA will come later (probably with later manga volumes I'm guessing?).
Old 2012-12-08, 18:27   Link #42
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I wonder if the Kanon OVA will be original content or it will cover another chunk of the manga like the Tenri OVA.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 18:43   Link #43
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I wonder if the Kanon OVA will be original content or it will cover another chunk of the manga like the Tenri OVA.
Well, they do call it a "Spin-Off OVA" (as opposed to just an OVA), so I am supposing that it could very well be original content that may or may not even involve the rest of the regular cast. Or a Spin-Off could also be of the "alternate ending" variety, like "What If...?" I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Old 2012-12-09, 02:29   Link #44
Witheirate

^ well, since they call it Kanon spin-off, at least we know that it will focused on Kanon as the main character. Meanwhile we also have Kanon backstory to be told. So, I guess it will be about Kanon and his previous band... maybe.
Old 2012-12-09, 15:58   Link #45
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
^ well, since they call it Kanon spin-off, at least we know that it will focused on Kanon as the main character. Meanwhile we also have Kanon backstory to be told. So, I guess it will be about Kanon and his previous band... maybe.
Is Kanon a trap?
BL is taking control over Kaminomi

--------

About the new series, after buying a Blu-ray player with DVD player just to be able to watch Kaminomi (region problems), I'll gladly buy this new season^^
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 16:13   Link #46
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Weird they went with a third season.. but I guess breaking even is better than making something at a loss lol... so unexpected but damn I'll fing take it!

As for this being two cour... we're lucky to even be getting a 3rd season.... most likely single cour like the other two.
I had heard that TWGOK started off slower then most anime, but had continued to sell at a steady pace beyond the time when most anime DVD sales drop off.

Ultimately resulting in a small profit.

How much you want to bet that the Tenri OVA was a trail balloon to see how many of those 1st and 2nd season purchasers would continue to buy TWGOK material? They must have got some really good numbers back to convince them a 3rd season would also be profitable.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 17:58   Link #47
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

And let's not forget that Kaminomi is the anime that sold the most in Manglobe's arsenal!

Maybe the sellings were small due to a poor distribution of the goods.

If they, for example, produced 5000 copies and if they produced 10000 copies makes a huge difference in what's "success" and what's not!
Old 2012-12-09, 19:22   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Maybe the sellings were small due to a poor distribution of the goods.

If they, for example, produced 5000 copies and if they produced 10000 copies makes a huge difference in what's "success" and what's not!
I don't think it was particularly constrained in that way; in many cases it's still possible to find new copies of the first pressing release, and there was also a regular edition printing. It was also distributed through Geneon via all the usual channels. So it's not like it was hard to get or that it was limited (they can easily print more of the regular edition Blu-Rays to meet demand). But there can be a lot of reasons why a show can be reasonably popular among viewers but just not sell a lot of DVD/Blu-Ray. Anime Blu-Rays in Japan are quite expensive, so people could decide to purchase cheaper goods/items in this case, like CDs, books, event tickets, or other things. As I mentioned in another thread, Kanon herself has been something of a hit, having a full dedicated live-concert and multiple CD singles and albums released. Perhaps that just appealed more to the show's core Japanese fanbase.

So yeah... there's a lot more to the story than just how the Blu-Rays and DVDs sold, in any case. It's a useful metric, but not by any means the only important one.

(And incidentally, the fact that it sold the most in "Manglobe's arsenal" is probably mostly irrelevant, because it's not like Manglobe paid for the production or keeps the profits. They just do the work they're paid to do in this case; I'm not even sure if they get a cut of sales. The production itself seems to be a co-production of TV Tokyo and Geneon Universal.)
Old 2012-12-09, 21:35   Link #49
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Spoiler for Vague reference to future manga content:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-09 at 22:18. Reason: Put this in spoiler tags to be safer
kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:21   Link #50
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Excuse me for a moment.

Spoilers
Spoiler for nothing to see here
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There. Please continue.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 20:59   Link #51
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(And incidentally, the fact that it sold the most in "Manglobe's arsenal" is probably mostly irrelevant, because it's not like Manglobe paid for the production or keeps the profits. They just do the work they're paid to do in this case; I'm not even sure if they get a cut of sales. The production itself seems to be a co-production of TV Tokyo and Geneon Universal.)
I've never heard of this, so I can't counterargument...
Old 2012-12-14, 08:14   Link #52
Kyouka
Is Here

i cant wait for the OP/Ed tehe
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:53   Link #53
XLNC

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ed-for-june-18

Kanon OVA on June 18.
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 11:36   Link #54
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
Great to know, thanks!

Now, as for the third season... I cannot wait!
As Keima sort of accepted his place in the real world a bit, only if just a little bit, I hope this will effect the 3rd season.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 03:17   Link #55
XLNC

For those wanting to hear more news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-hints-at-july
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 10:07   Link #56
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Confiremed.. It would be July

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps69cd03b3.jpg
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote