AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-07, 11:23   Link #81
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Reading that actually made me think you were describing a real life person rather than an anime character. While exaggerations in bulk do exist, there is some sense of realism in their personalities rather than being carbon copies of trope(s).
Well, while I obviously haven't known anyone who has quite the wicked tongue and general brusqueness as Kirino towards Kyousuke, I have definitely known people in real life who have the same sort of self-destructive tendencies (used to success, think they can handle everything themselves, always put on a front, don't open up to anyone), and have had to go through the same sort of harsh life lessons. And I also think these people, even in real life, tend to be a bit hard to understand. So I definitely think there's some subtlety to her character that goes beyond just her unpleasantness and, in that way, I think she's somewhat realistic. Overachievers tend not to be great people (or at least not as great as they project) once you get to know their true selves. The only difference is that Kirino's flaws are exaggerated towards Kyousuke so we can see it more clearly.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:26   Link #82
alunde
osananajimi

I just wanted to beat the characters with a clue stick...
Old 2013-04-07, 11:39   Link #83
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, while I obviously haven't known anyone who has quite the wicked tongue and general brusqueness as Kirino towards Kyousuke, I have definitely known people in real life who have the same sort of self-destructive tendencies (used to success, think they can handle everything themselves, always put on a front, don't open up to anyone), and have had to go through the same sort of harsh life lessons. And I also think these people, even in real life, tend to be a bit hard to understand. So I definitely think there's some subtlety to her character that goes beyond just her unpleasantness and, in that way, I think she's somewhat realistic. Overachievers tend not to be great people (or at least not as great as they project) once you get to know their true selves. The only difference is that Kirino's flaws are exaggerated towards Kyousuke so we can see it more clearly.
Yeaaaa, I know someone who has that kind of tongue and general brusqueness so I can understand her somewhat.
That manner of speech is usually the result of a lot of negative emotions and if the person who is the central figure to those emotions, whether or not they are responsible for them, talks to my friend. Then we see Kirino in real life.
Old 2013-04-07, 13:44   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For a first episode , it was kind of meh.
Hope thing will be more interesting next ep.
Old 2013-04-07, 14:39   Link #85
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I really hope they don't focus too much on the lame ass school club. Easily the worst thing to come out of the first season. I know they needed to add some new characters but I don't like anyone in it.

As far as the first episode goes, not much happened, so not much to say. And I have to be the only person who has no interest in the Kuroneko+loser brother relationship. I hope he ends up alone and forever living in Kirino's shadow. :3
Old 2013-04-07, 14:39   Link #86
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I can't say I was overwhelmed with excitement. I understand that they wanted to bring those who haven't watched the show in years (like me) up to date again, but this episode seemed almost like a rehash from the first episode of season 1, though with the siblings' roles more or less reversed.

Kirino is an interesting character to me. On the outside, she's hot as hell, but (at least for now) she's rotten to the core and even more bitchy than she used to be. Then again, with the reason why explained by others, I guess it's only a matter of time before she defrosts and becomes more tolerable again.
Old 2013-04-07, 14:50   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can't say I was excited as the episode came to a close but it really was a "the story so far" kind of opener, so slack given.

Outstanding Kuroneko moment - the director is torturing us, clearly.
Old 2013-04-07, 15:03   Link #88
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Holy geez it's really been 3 years since season 1 combined with the OVAS? Time really flies...but still why did it take so long? Were the light novels being released slowly?

Anyway great, after three years I finally have a new anime to watch, so this should be fun.

Though I had to cut my viewing pleasure short because I was up late and I had to go to bed, here were my impressions so far:

Spoiler for Spoilers for first couple of minutes:

And that's when I stopped watching because I had to sleep. I personally enjoyed what I saw so far, but it appears that to some other fans who have been faithfully watching other animes since S1 ended it "Wasn't what they expected." Have Animes been THAT great for the past 3 years or have been just become spoiled?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-04-07, 15:08   Link #89
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

She just lived one of my biggest fantasies! Going on an anime+manga shopping spree with a hella lot of money! Now i'm jealous >=(

Not much else I can really say this episode. It's what you would expect from this anime with the exception of Kuroneko being all lovey dovey They sorta made me hate Kirino again thanks to her attitude...but i'm sure that will quickly change like it did with the first season
Old 2013-04-07, 15:12   Link #90
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
She just lived one of my biggest fantasies! Going on an anime+manga shopping spree with a hella lot of money! Now i'm jealous >=(
Glad to hear that I'm not the only Jelly around here!
Old 2013-04-07, 15:42   Link #91
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Ah relentlessflame you wise son of a biscuit, I've always enjoyed reading your opinions. I see you're still around and spewing your in depth knowledge of how to view characters in more than just ONE WAY.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-04-07, 16:28   Link #92
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Holy geez it's really been 3 years since season 1 combined with the OVAS? Time really flies...but still why did it take so long? Were the light novels being released slowly?
Among other reasons.

But the good thing now is that the ending of the second season would coincide with the last book of the Light Novel that is coming out in June.
Old 2013-04-07, 16:30   Link #93
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Among other reasons.

But the good thing now is that the ending of the second season would coincide with the last book of the Light Novel that is coming out in June.
Awesome!
We will be up to date with the story.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:01   Link #94
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Relentlessflame's insight pretty much covers the reason why the title is "My Little Sister Can't Go Back Home Again".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:12   Link #95
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Does that totally excuse her attitude? No, of course not. But I think there's more going on then her just being randomly bitchy. Once she's finally done bowing her head to everyone and apologizing and trying to get her life back in order (no longer the superstar with no faults), then she starts to open up again through the gateway they share -- her hobby. Coming to terms with your own limitations in hard, particularly for someone like that at that age.
The problem is that we have already seen her open up to Kyousuke. We know she can do it, we know that Kyousuke has been going out on a limb for her... The opportunity to bridge their differences has long been present. That's what makes her actions seem illogical. She's basically forcing herself to act like that, for no real discernible reason, and only towards her brother.

I was constantly led to believe in season 1 that there was something that sparked this animosity between the two of them, but we have essentially been given little to no clues and we're in season 2 now! I see no excusable reason for her behavior other than to artificially prolong the story's main plot line. Just not a good way to present your characters IMO.
Old 2013-04-07, 19:36   Link #96
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunde View Post
I just wanted to beat the characters with a clue stick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The problem is that we have already seen her open up to Kyousuke. We know she can do it, we know that Kyousuke has been going out on a limb for her... The opportunity to bridge their differences has long been present. That's what makes her actions seem illogical. She's basically forcing herself to act like that, for no real discernible reason, and only towards her brother.

Actually, there is one in LN. Not exactly a spoiler, but I will put in here just in case. Volume 6, Chapter 2 to be exact. I remembered that line (from Manami) clearly.
Spoiler for Reason:
Old 2013-04-07, 20:34   Link #97
Shinhwa
Banned

Great start of season 2. Really liked it. I lol'ed at Ayase's Yandere mode
Old 2013-04-07, 20:37   Link #98
Kyuu
=^^=

Just commenting on the first 2-4 minutes... LOL @ Kyousuke's dream.

And the prediction here will be...

Spoiler:

At the end of all this, I'll back on this... make y'all read 'em and weep. XD
Old 2013-04-07, 20:45   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'd say it's the opposite of "forcing". When you're under a lot of stress, you tend to revert to your bad habits. And the thing I was trying to convey earlier was that, although she is glad she's home on one level, it still caused her a lot of stress. Failing to meet her own expectations for herself (when all signs point to her having rarely failed before), and having to apologize to everyone for letting them down is not an easy feat for someone like her. And her brother is somehow at the center of it all. Yes, he got the brunt of her stress, and arguably unfairly, but even he realized at some level her attitude makes some sense... even though he wasn't satisfied by it. (I think the latter was really the main point of this episode: how badly Kyousuke actually wants a better relationship with Kirino now, and is starting to admit it more openly.)

But all that aside, I'm not sure if it's reasonable to expect Kirino to totally change her way of dealing with her conflicting feelings. It's part of who she is. I certainly know by now that I'll never convince you or anyone else already-decided to appreciate it, all I'm saying is that there's a lot more going on there than your "no discernible reason" implies. People who keep waiting for Kirino to "become likeable" may very well never be satisfied.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:00   Link #100
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And the prediction here will be...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reaction:
Closed Thread