AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 16:16   Link #81
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Those exercises.....Hmm? Oh? The episode? Well ah...

Ahem.

An interesting way to become a pro wrestler, 100 throws? Ouchie ouchie! I was actually worried she wouldn't complete it the first time round, I was thinking an episode of sorrow and depression followed by an inspirational speech by someone before she tries it again and accomplishes it this time
Old 2013-10-13, 20:12   Link #82
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Those exercises.....Hmm? Oh? The episode? Well ah...

Ahem.

An interesting way to become a pro wrestler, 100 throws? Ouchie ouchie! I was actually worried she wouldn't complete it the first time round, I was thinking an episode of sorrow and depression followed by an inspirational speech by someone before she tries it again and accomplishes it this time
You know, it would be nice if they insert a modified version of Karate Kid's "You're the best around!" during her training montage!

BTW, have you notice that they re-used some scenes from Episode 2? It's insulting that they're lazy and didn't make a new set of animation.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 23:33   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Not surprising. Just physical endurance and weights isn't going to help Sakura. Sooner or later she will have to realize that she needs that special hunger for a win and most importantly aggression.
Yeah, that's the thing she's missing. Certainly she has determination and physical ability isn't really lacking, but it's a mental thing that will probably keep her from winning any time soon. How she's going to get past that mark is up in the air. But she's certainly not going to win any matches or reach her big showdown in the near future.

On the positive side Elena is getting her chance in the center spot .
Old 2013-10-14, 00:46   Link #84
EroKing

A "heel turn" from Elena would be awesome. She starts enjoying her fame more and more and starts thinking Sakura isn't giving her all and so turns her back on her. She also loses her friendship with the others as they are too busy working as idols and also her fan base. Only after losing it all she realizes to live and work for herself and not for anyone else.
Old 2013-10-14, 01:32   Link #85
whitecloud

You know...when she is training im expecting rocky song....
Old 2013-10-14, 05:46   Link #86
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well this episode wasn't all that bad, I'm a little confused on what that heck that one exercise was, it looked like push ups but different.

I honestly was not expecting Sakura to lose that miserably, I was expecting one of those cliche "debut match and debut victory" thing.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 12:22   Link #87
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Part of my kind of hopes that somewhere around episode 7, all of these girls finally just confess to Sakura that they've been messing with her, and smarten her up to the business.

"You do know it's usually all fake, right? Sorry, but you were just taking it so seriously, we couldn't help ourselves."
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 13:00   Link #88
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

One has to admit that there is something noble to be said about the way that the series plays with your expectations. I think most of us actually thought she'd win that match, even when thusfar determination has yet to be shown to translate well into pro wrestling skill. Also I was rolling on the floor laughing at the training sequence.
Old 2013-10-15, 04:10   Link #89
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

the episode one is so ............... huhuhuhiuihjghg I looove it so sexy then in reality it is not like novelty in women's wrestling I used to watch these girls are sexy
Old 2013-10-17, 03:43   Link #90
Anime Online

Didn't Sakura grab the rope in that crab submission hold? Did the referee miss that?

The part when Sakura got the revelation that the ring is where wrestlers bet their lives was just silly. The anime went overboard on the drama factor there.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 05:40   Link #91
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Didn't Sakura grab the rope in that crab submission hold? Did the referee miss that?
Yea the ref is normally supposed to break the hold unless it is a no-disqualification match, which it wasn't
Old 2013-10-17, 10:42   Link #92
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post

The part when Sakura got the revelation that the ring is where wrestlers bet their lives was just silly. The anime went overboard on the drama factor there.
Not really. Despite the fact that Wrestling IRL is generally known for being fake, you can actually get seriously injured or even die doing it if you're not careful or if a serious accident happens(Look up Owen Hart). In this anime it looks like the wrestling is real so it's even more likely that if the wrestlers aren't careful things can get serious.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 00:31   Link #93
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ep 2:

My god I hurt for Sakura x_x ai ai aiii >v<

100.... ai aii x_x

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-10-19 at 00:48.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:43   Link #94
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

sakura well been on losing streak going 0-10 to point it even reach 0-45 with fanbase down to one person with wrestling fans tell her to go away give all lost were either boston crab type holds even tried reach touch rope they keep pulling her back.

give after another lost go watch ringside berserk's ace misaki in her title defense match give was in a NO DQ match cue using of wooden sword, outside help, a metal object block, & even 5 way submission hold on misaki yet she not giving up.

give misaki all determine give clothesline, berserk's roster help in & suplex finish slam retain her title got sakura bit want give another try.

but still losing now 0-50 yet point crowd throw empty cans on sakura while her sweet diva group as doing well give got sakura if she quit now got no where to go.

so next day was trying plan to place a withdraw paper til misaki appear ask sakura to spar give notice something yet sakura go do the spar.

but it now spar turned into real give moves sakura do well misaki counter make it more ow to sakura to even doing a surfboard hold with double foot on back, scissors hold-slam, & of course sakura's worst fear the boston crab!!!

give all of sakura once again said give up but misaki telling there no giving up cause we got a whole night of spar to do (to be continued).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:37   Link #95
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Last edited by Benigmatica; 2013-10-20 at 09:49.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 10:15   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was really painful to watch. 50 losses in a row, and all to boston crabs? Has there ever been a bigger jobber than Sakura in the history of pro wrestling? I don't get why nobody taught her how to escape the boston crab or why she didn't study herself. That makes no sense.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:21   Link #97
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode was really painful to watch. 50 losses in a row, and all to boston crabs? Has there ever been a bigger jobber than Sakura in the history of pro wrestling? I don't get why nobody taught her how to escape the boston crab or why she didn't study herself. That makes no sense.
does Kenta Kobashi ring any call on losing streak like 0-63 back in 1988?

besides give going so far there just scratch it way cause style of japan style wresting so different than those u.s. wrestling woman type.

really don't trying make me compare difference between this anime those wwe or tna females right now.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 10:27   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You'd think after the first 25 or so they might want to do something about this . Talk about an easy win for her opponents. Just have to deal with whatever Sakura dishes out until they can slap on the boston crab and then it's instant win. At this point it might be more psychological than anything else. Mentally know it's possible to escape and win, but it's just not going to translate at this rate.

On the positive could be one hell of a jobber until she just quits and goes back to being an idol .
Old 2013-10-20, 10:44   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On the positive could be one hell of a jobber until she just quits and goes back to being an idol .
She can't quit unless she wins. She would lose all credibility and the very few fans she has left if she did. She can't go back to Sweet Diva anymore and she knows it.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:50   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Got lazy for the last two weeks, but here's my review for the second episode.

To keep things short, Sakura has the physical condition to take on professional wrestling, and with more training and practice she can condition her body to the proper fit and tone required of a wrestler.
But, the physical stuff is one part. The second one is the mental discipline which she properly takes care with her determination and condition to give her focus. Hell, that unyielding conviction let her to go through the test trial, yet she sustained some serious damage as a collateral.

Nevertheless, the thing is that Sakura must not be expecting to get a win right after her debut due to her lacking experience, which she must built by engaging in more matches. But, that means she truly has to get the grasp of wrestling while being on the ring and learning about her own strengths and weaknesses to be able to work them in her favor.

I said this because the comments for the third episode's preview sound quite not promising for Sakura's wrestling career at the short run, losing match after match.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beautiful girls, ecchi, seinen, shounen, wrestling