AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-21, 08:56   Link #581
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo
Uhh... Been playing YoakeMae, DCII... stopped though.. Yoake... and I might actually be happy if the anime avoids this... has an excessive (if you are trying to clear routes) amount of food scenes... Too many eating scenes!!!1

Can't stand playing through Yoake anymore lol. Its a pretty game but gah darn eating scenes are annoying. Even if I can skip them, GAH! Stop EATING!
Eating huh? Didn't imagine that...

Someone once told me that Yoakemae forces you to play through a single path first (Feena's) before you can go after the girls. How's that?

I guess that does make the eroge-to-show transition easier... linear plotlines...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:06   Link #582
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
Eating huh? Didn't imagine that...

Someone once told me that Yoakemae forces you to play through a single path first (Feena's) before you can go after the girls. How's that?
Yea... Its pretty linear.. Nothing changes at all in Feena route. Need to play through again in the sense of chosing answers for girls to get different things, before clearing Feena though none of the choices matter... lol

Get enough flags for so and so and after last choice available its a linear dive toward "concluding story" and "ending". You can skip and all, but try not to lose a save... lol... I lost mine once and had to go through the first part manually twice over... and damn watching people yap yap yap about eating and whats for breakfast/dinner is torturous. lol
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:48   Link #583
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

LOL! when you first said there were too many eating scenes i didnt think you were talking about cakes and cookies.... i think its time to go outside for some fresh air.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 15:09   Link #584
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo
Can't stand playing through Yoake anymore lol. Its a pretty game but gah darn eating scenes are annoying. Even if I can skip them, GAH! Stop EATING!
Well, that's how it usually is in eroge titles like yoake. I actually like everyday peaceful scenes like that and August-soft games have an impressive knack for this~~ (゚∀゚)ノ
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 17:04   Link #585
Spuffy
オウカ~

I just found something interesting; Softhouse mini actually offers international sales from their homepage with payment through Paypal. Price - $80, EMS shipping included. If you were to buy Natsukashi from Himeya that would cost you $117...
Too bad I'm not really interested in their games (since I would like to support this), but I would like seeing other softhouses considering doing the same.
Or maybe I'm not up to date and there are already other softhouses doing it.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 10:21   Link #586
DaFool
Resident devil

.nz? New Zealand?

What's up with Japanese eroge companies and their using foreign domain names?

(Yes, I'm looking at you too, minori.ph!)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 13:46   Link #587
Spuffy
オウカ~

Dont forget selen.ag.

Maybe for an exotic touch...
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 17:32   Link #588
Overflow
Spear the Gungnir

I've only tried one since i turned 18.. and the one i tried was a demo.. It was called Anonono i'm thinking of buying it but im not too sure.
Old 2006-09-23, 21:39   Link #589
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
lol awww, someone actually cares about age ratings.

Anyway, seen as people were talking about this the past few pages, paletweb are now shipping the Prism Ark standard edition here for $80 + shipping. Go! Buy!
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 22:07   Link #590
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Prism Art is good.

But Sengoku Rance looks better if Alicesoft manage to incoperate elements of Nobunaga's Ambition into it.

I suggest holding back your money for now.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 22:58   Link #591
Tmoo
Furry Squirrel

i'm too poor to buy an ero-game. and the ones that i download off bittorent always screw up.
Tmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 23:27   Link #592
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoo
i'm too poor to buy an ero-game. and the ones that i download off bittorent always screw up.
Alot of them are fun only for a couple of days IMO I've never tryed a PS2 ero game and the onle ones I've tryed are Hitomi -My stepsister- and I'm gonna serve you 4 both for the PC of course.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:57   Link #593
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Old news but since no one is talking about it.....

Alicesoft have put up one of their old classic, Kichikuou Rance, up for free legal download via BT.

http://www.vitae.jp/malkuth/page/kichikuou.

There's some others too on the annoucement Page :-

http://www.alicesoft.com/annai.html#free

Quite a lot of titles, but I don't see any BT seeds for now.

It's nice to see them giving some of their old games for free. I hope other oldies that's still around will do the same here. Namely Elf. It's about time that we see some obscure old stuffs like Dokyuusei 1 & 2, Kakyuusei 1 and Yuno will recieve a new lease of life via free download.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:36   Link #594
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoo
Regional and Language Settigs as well as Non Unicode Settings in Japanese?
Old 2006-09-24, 18:49   Link #595
deaddeath

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
And why? Mine are Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien,Kisaku,And Comic Party. The reaons why I like them are simple:I like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien the game because I loved the touching story. And I liked the sad atmosphere around it as well. The H scenes aren't too bad. And I liked some of the side storys in the game too.For Kisaku its because the games Mini games are fun to play sometimes.I like the characters. And I like the main character he may be a nasty old man but his character is pretty funny sometimes.And the game overall is pretty funny.(Even some of the H scenes made me laugh.) And as for Comic Party I like it because its entertaining,Its pretty hard at first if you don't know Japanese very well.And I found the storys behind each character were touching,funny or sweet. What about you guys?
Hentai? I don't think I played Hentai before
deaddeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:58   Link #596
Tmoo
Furry Squirrel

i've discovered that problem, but my laptop wants the installation cd to install the japanese language pack---which i lost.
Tmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 08:21   Link #597
luckyovermind
hungry~

You can borrow an installation disk from one of your friends, all you need is a couple of files from the I386 folder...(if you are using XP that is...) Although I doubt it may be a problem with cracked version of games rather than an issue of language setting.

I copied the I386 folder on to my hard disk, so I can change between japanese and english non-unicode easily every now and then.

Oh, by the way, talking about illegal download is prohibited on this forum. So be careful about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow
I've only tried one since i turned 18.. and the one i tried was a demo.. It was called Anonono i'm thinking of buying it but im not too sure.
Seeing that your user name is actually overflow, I would strongly recommend you to try schooldays XD... that is a joke

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2009-07-03 at 23:40.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:48   Link #598
martino
makes no files now

Are Memories Off any good btw?
Old 2006-09-27, 22:55   Link #599
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Finished four out of I think seven arcs in Prism Ark and the game is a lot, lot better than I expected it to be. It's quite good.

Wouldn't make a good game-to-anime conversion though, since the "main heroine"'s arc is the weakest of them all. Every subsequent arc after hers is much, much better.

You have to play through all of them, however, if you want the whole picture. Every arc adds to the whole experience.
Old 2006-09-27, 23:47   Link #600
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Are Memories Off any good btw?

There are, in total, five games in the memories off series, with a few spinoffs as well.

Memories off (1999)
You play the game from the standpoint of a second-year high school student. Three years ago on a rainy day, your beloved girl friend died in a tragic car accident when she was trying to bring you an umbrella. Another autumn came and you meet different girls in school. Would you move on and start a new life? Or would you rather live forever in memories? Rain, will it ever stop…

As you can see from kj1980’s post on “a history of erogames”, memories off, alone with kana little sister, snow, DC da capo, wind a breath of heart, are all major hit games that were very much influenced by KEY’s crying formula. This is the introduction of ONE by kj1980:
---------------------------------------------------

ONE ~kagayaku kisetsu e~ (1998)
You play the role of a high school students named Sasaori Kouhei, who on the surface is enjoying high school life by meeting several girls. But deep within in his inner self, you yearn to spend an eternity with your sister, who died several years ago - one in which you blame yourself for her death.
---------------------------------------------------

You see the parallels here? XD

Memories off 2nd (2001)
This time, you play the role of a third-year high school student. You have just started a relationship with a cute girl half a year ago and created precious memories together. At the same time, you meet a number of new girls. What would you do? Who will you choose?

Yes you have sensed it: it’s a typical love triangle story, and sometimes love quadrangle! (I know I’m going to be bashed for this crappy introduction)

Memories off ~ you who changed to memory (2002) (don’t blame me for the translation, Google did it…)
You are a university student in this game. Because of the change in character designer and scenario writer, a lot of fans of this series don’t like this game. I won’t comment on it, as I never played this game. Since one of my favourite scenario writers wasn’t involved in this project (who worked for memories off, memories off 2nd, never 7, ever 17, remember 11, and eve 5 to date), I lost interest in all subsequent memories off games.

Memories off ~ then (2004)
The setting of this game is extremely similar to memories off 2nd. And again, I don’t know too much about it.

Memories off #5 ~ the film which broke off (2005)
You have the dream of becoming a filmmaker. But your best friend who shared the same dream died in an accident. Along came a girl who wishes to make film with you together, but could she be the murder of your best friend?

There are several spinoffs as well. Pure, festa, after rain, then again, to name a few.

Personally, I give memories off and memories off 2nd an “““A””” rating. But compared to what I consider to be “””S””” class, e.g. KID’s EVER 17, KEY’s KANON, LEAF’s COMIC PARTY, DO’s THE FAMILY PROJECT, AGE’s MUVLUV, NEKONEKO’s GINIRO, CIRCUS’s SUIKA, memories off has plenty of room for improvement.

And according to all those reviews I have seen over the years, memories off 3 rates some where around """C""", memories off 4 rates """B+""" and memories off 5 rates """B"""

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-09-28 at 00:55.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel