Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-28, 04:18   Link #19841
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Israel says it won't warn U.S. before a strike against Iran

Quote:
Israeli officials said that if they eventually decide a strike is necessary, they would keep the Americans in the dark to decrease the likelihood that the U.S. would be held responsible for failing to stop Israel's potential attack. The U.S. has been working with the Israelis for months to persuade them that an attack would be only a temporary setback to Iran's nuclear program
Is it too early (or too late perhaps) to say "I have a bad feeling about this"?
Old 2012-02-28, 04:37   Link #19842
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The question is would the US shoot down a Israelian attack against Iran ?
Probably not but should they ?
Old 2012-02-28, 05:01   Link #19843
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Well it depends of the consequences. If they don't, the Arab nations will be pissed on the US for doing nothing to stop it while Israel will thank the US for allowing the strike. If they do, Israel will be going "WTH, aren't we allies?' and some pro-Israeli politicians might accuse the US of being anti-semite while the Arab nations will thank the US from stopping a huge international disaster. No matter the response, the US is screwed by get alienated by one of their allies while getting support from the other.

The best choice IMO is that Israel cancels planning the airstrike.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:26   Link #19844
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well it depends of the consequences. If they don't, the Arab nations will be pissed on the US for doing nothing to stop it while Israel will thank the US for allowing the strike. If they do, Israel will be going "WTH, aren't we allies?' and some pro-Israeli politicians might accuse the US of being anti-semite while the Arab nations will thank the US from stopping a huge international disaster. No matter the response, the US is screwed by get alienated by one of their allies while getting support from the other.

Actually that would be impossible given the stubborness and stupidity of the Iranian leaders.

I would say, go ahead with the strike. Let there be war. It's time to settle this retarded little dispute once an for all; since those useless religious radicals enjoy sacrificing themselves, let them run across the minefields or towards machine-gun positions all they want.

Once we have enough moderates becoming disillusioned with the radicals, those worthless pieces of junk can be ignored and rot at some corner of the society. Those nuts are not just messing with oil prices, they are making Muslims around the world look like a bunch of pedophilic, AK-47 toting terminators who shoots people whose religion is not Islam, as well as Jews being stereotyped as professional confidence tricksters who cheat the world out of their money.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:42   Link #19845
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
The US isn't really in a position to do that. The very first thing they'll do is try to get any carrier battle groups in the Persian Gulf out of it as quickly as possible. The Gulf is really not where you want a carrier group if you're risking a fight with Iran until you've suppressed their anti-ship missile capability and small attack craft. Doesn't leave much time for launching an interception, even if they were willing. Most likely they'd immediately launch fighters for a CAP to cover a withdrawal from the gulf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Arab countries generally don't like Iran any more than they like Israel and any Israeli strike is going to need at least tacit approval from arab nations for overflights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually that would be impossible given the stubborness and stupidity of the Iranian leaders.

I would say, go ahead with the strike. Let there be war. It's time to settle this retarded little dispute once an for all; since those useless religious radicals enjoy sacrificing themselves, let them run across the minefields or towards machine-gun positions all they want.

Once we have enough moderates becoming disillusioned with the radicals, those worthless pieces of junk can be ignored and rot at some corner of the society. Those nuts are not just messing with oil prices, they are making Muslims around the world look like a bunch of pedophilic, AK-47 toting terminators who shoots people whose religion is not Islam, as well as Jews being stereotyped as professional confidence tricksters who cheat the world out of their money.
Realistically speaking, an Israeli strike on Iran probably won't spark a wider war. It also won't stop Iran from making nuclear weapons. It might delay them a few years, but any delay will probably be offset by Iran redoubling their efforts to build nuclear weapons, as Israel will have just proven conclusively that Iran needs a nuclear deterrent.
Old 2012-02-28, 08:24   Link #19846
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I saw a report once. A navy admiral was tasked with destroying/inflicting mass damage to a carrier group in a simulation. I think he nigh on wiped one out in a few hours using small high speed boats essentially armed with rocket launchers and basic hit and run tactics. It seems carrier groups are (were?) woefully inadequate in dealing with small boats wielding rockets and so on. Basically it was a simulation of the US vs Iran (and other Gulf 'navies'), the US lost badly. Their were some red faces afterwards I imagine, here you have millions or even billions in tech, and you get cleaned up by what is essentially Russian surplus and an alarmingly basic strategy.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:50   Link #19847
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I saw a report once. A navy admiral was tasked with destroying/inflicting mass damage to a carrier group in a simulation. I think he nigh on wiped one out in a few hours using small high speed boats essentially armed with rocket launchers and basic hit and run tactics. It seems carrier groups are (were?) woefully inadequate in dealing with small boats wielding rockets and so on. Basically it was a simulation of the US vs Iran (and other Gulf 'navies'), the US lost badly. Their were some red faces afterwards I imagine, here you have millions or even billions in tech, and you get cleaned up by what is essentially Russian surplus and an alarmingly basic strategy.
Any Zerg Player could have told them that
Old 2012-02-28, 11:49   Link #19848
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

2nd victim dead after Ohio school shooting
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...hool-shooting/
Old 2012-02-28, 12:35   Link #19849
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Israeli
Old 2012-02-28, 14:40   Link #19850
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Israeli
Its okay... I've heard "Texasian" before
Old 2012-02-28, 15:02   Link #19851
Zakoo

A good cowboy from texas would kill you for such heresy.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:04   Link #19852
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
A good cowboy from texas would kill you for such heresy.
Yeah, I was born in Texas - the body took some ingenuity to dispose of .
Old 2012-02-28, 15:09   Link #19853
Zakoo

What I wanted to imply, without no animosity towards bladeofdarkness, is that people who are a bit nationalist, tend to be more picky about how you call them.
Thus the "good" cowboy, as we say here, Texas is a state amongst United state, you could literally give them the nationality "Texian" seeing how they are ... unique? ahahahaha

Personally, french, franch, fronch or cheese-eater never bothered me.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:15   Link #19854
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Just call us Francians... who cares?
Old 2012-02-28, 15:16   Link #19855
Zakoo

I can sense sarcasm.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:26   Link #19856
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Israeli
Sorry, one of thoses time when my english get mixed with my french and the result is quite bad.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:40   Link #19857
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
What I wanted to imply, without no animosity towards bladeofdarkness, is that people who are a bit nationalist, tend to be more picky about how you call them.
Quote:
Sorry, one of thoses time when my english get mixed with my french and the result is quite bad.

no animosity taken, but it just bugs me.
its like calling people from America - "Americenese".
its just a pet peeve of mine.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:45   Link #19858
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Just call us Francians... who cares?
i thought frenchies were either Gaelic or Franks?
Old 2012-02-28, 15:50   Link #19859
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
no animosity taken, but it just bugs me.
its like calling people from America - "Americenese".
its just a pet peeve of mine.
Well we could follow the rest of the Mideast and call you Zionists or Jews.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-28, 15:54   Link #19860
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well we could follow the rest of the Mideast and call you Zionists or Jews.
both of which would at least be accurate and grammaticality correct descriptions

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international