AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-12, 11:29   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I doubt that would work.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:57   Link #82
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ That's even more radical than giving to one willing student the silent treatment
Old 2012-02-12, 12:51   Link #83
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Well, why not trying to cut everyone to see if they bleed or not ? If the "another" student is really immortal, then he will heal in no time.
Watching The Thing much?

That aside, this is yet another (oops...) instance of a simple misunderstanding. There is as yet nothing to suggest that the extra is "immortal" or even just a single individual. If we were to take Misaki's theory at face value, it appears that the extra(s) is/are (a) past victim(s) of the curse. Furthermore, it seems the victims are living in a parallel reality of some kind, one in which they have not died, and therefore exhibit all the characteristics of living people and a complete lack of awareness of their own passing. Given these circumstances, it would next to impossible to actually find the "other", at least, not through such direct means.
Old 2012-02-12, 16:27   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think one's best bet would be to find a way to poke at everyone's memory until someone there remembers something that simply doesn't add up no matter how much their mind tries to bend the truth.

I have absolutely no clue how to go about doing this tho.
Old 2012-02-12, 20:05   Link #85
DesuX2

「If the curse were to exist, then I would suspect that the memory altering ability of the curse would cause everyone to not acknowledge that blood was not flowing from someone's arm, and fake the impression that blood was in fact flowing from "another's" arm.

This would be very similar to the effect of "magic" scenes in Umineko. You cannot deny that they happened because they are shown to you in the face.

My "human" solution to this is that Misaki Mei speaks in metaphors and that what she means by "memory-altering" properties of the curse is that since the curse has been passed down in legend for so long, everyone has forgotten what the curse in fact really is. It has been distorted beyond belief that the current version of the "curse" is not the same as the original one since nobody knows who or what prepertrated the curse in the first place.」
Old 2012-02-13, 21:28   Link #86
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
A bit of an update on the prologue:

When I saw this in episode 6 I knew trouble was coming.

So this is the fire talked about in this episode

Looks like this isn't how mei lost her eye,is it someone else getting attacked? asleep wakes up panics

Crazy theory time, Kouichi's name is associated to a brutal murder,his memories might have been altered to think he's never been here before, there's this in the prologue.
Could Kouichi have murdered the student who's now back as the Another?
Old 2012-02-14, 02:57   Link #87
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While I'm not saying is impossible, that shot might also be Sakakibara being shocked by some revelation and he's inclined to not believe were it not that the facts are staring him in the face.

The sweat drops and the smile do fit that situation.
Old 2012-02-14, 03:56   Link #88
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
The only think keeping me from thinking that Sakakibara is the dead student is that it's way too obvious, even though it does elegantly explain pretty much everything.
Old 2012-02-14, 06:51   Link #89
PzIVf3

Im still keeping my eye on a Twintail girl. I dont know how to say specifically reversing at the original source past time but its bothering me how she manage to know how to counter measuring against unknown phenomenon threat.
Old 2012-02-14, 07:12   Link #90
DesuX2

「Actually, I'm quite sure that it's been established that
Spoiler for Countermeasures:
Old 2012-02-14, 13:09   Link #91
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yea, the means of countering the curse were developed by trial and error a few years ago. The Countermeasures Councilman is just the student put in charge of managing it.
Old 2012-02-14, 13:12   Link #92
Miraluka
Banned

He used to be the room theach of Class 3 the time the incident started.

P.S.: AuraTwilight are you the same person from Dothackers?
Old 2012-02-14, 13:29   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I doubt the hot one is the extra. You can't really come up with an extensive countermeasures plan before the extra is added unless you actually exist to begin with.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:16   Link #94
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I doubt the hot one is the extra. You can't really come up with an extensive countermeasures plan before the extra is added unless you actually exist to begin with.
The extra doesn't have memory of being the extra. For all intent and purpose, they are exactly like any other student in the class for that year. And given that this episode clearly showed us that the selection of the "ignored" student happens after the start of the schoolyear, there is no more reason to think that the people responsible for the countermeasures aren't the extra.

If anything, there is overwhelming evidence that suggests that Izumi is the extra. But its probably another red herring considering just how accurate the level of detail provided was. The show is beating around the bush with everything else but then gives us concrete evidence that one of the deceased in '96 is directly related to Izumi. Granted it wasn't exactly highlighted but it was still provided far too easily imho.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:19   Link #95
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
The extra doesn't have memory of being the extra. For all intent and purpose, they are exactly like any other student in the class for that year. And given that this episode clearly showed us that the selection of the "ignored" student happens after the start of the schoolyear, there is no more reason to think that the people responsible for the countermeasures aren't the extra.
But there was no desk missing at the start of the year so there shouldn't be an extra at the start of the year.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:21   Link #96
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But there was no desk missing at the start of the year so there shouldn't be an extra at the start of the year.
They forgot about Sakakibara lol. This was explained in the scene itself.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:40   Link #97
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
They forgot about Sakakibara lol. This was explained in the scene itself.
Nope,check back on episode 1.

He got a visit on sunday april 26th and was told

Quote:
We heard you were supposed to start on Monday but suddenly got sick
They might mean april 27th,or maybe april 20th but either way he wasn't supposed to be there on april 1st when the school year started.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:46   Link #98
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Nope,check back on episode 1.

He got a visit on sunday april 26th and was told

They might mean april 27th,or maybe april 20th but either way he wasn't supposed to be there on april 1st when the school year started.
They forgot to account for his transfer and thus assumed they had the right number of the seats. Check the opening scene from this episode itself. They explicitly say that the transferring student increased the number beyond the number of seats.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:54   Link #99
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
They forgot to account for his transfer and thus assumed they had the right number of the seats. Check the opening scene from this episode itself. They explicitly say that the transferring student increased the number beyond the number of seats.
From that scene

Quote:
But we were short a desk once the new student came
So don't see how that implies they forgot him,just that him transfering means they're now a desk short after having had the right number at the begining.
How can they forget to take into account his transfer when an april 1st they don't even know he's going to be transfering.
And anyway,unless cousins are included in the 2 degrees of separation then there's not deaths in april,so there can't have been an extra.

Last edited by totoum; 2012-02-14 at 17:07.
Old 2012-02-14, 17:11   Link #100
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
From that scene

So don't see how that implies they forgot him,just that him transfering means they're now a desk short after having had the right number at the begining.

And anyway,unless cousins are included in the 2 degrees of separation then there's not deaths in april,so there can't have been an extra.
Pretty sure transfer arrangements are done a month in advance at least. So the teachers forgot to mention or simply didn't care enough to mention or something along the lines. I used forgot specifically because
Spoiler for Potential spoiler but minor and shouldn't spoil anything fun:

Also, the extra was always there. The curse just doesn't get triggered until there's a student more than there are chairs.